Author Topic: Novelmore - New Knight Visor  (Read 4611 times)

Offline HDTM

• Playmo Fanatic
    • Little Carpet Wars
Novelmore - New Knight Visor
« on: August 23, 2019, 07:53:31 »
Hi everyone, I was wondering if this visor -> https://playmodb.org/setpics/9/9835.jpg is the same as this ->https://playmodb.org/cgi-bin/showpart.pl?partnum=30023290
does anyone have it already?
I think it's the same as this previous set ->https://playmodb.org/cgi-bin/showinv.pl?setnum=9001

Offline StJohn

• Playmo Master
Re: Novelmore - New Knight Visor
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2019, 21:27:18 »
It looks like the one from 9001, not the more common one, but cannot yet confirm with the new knight in hand.

Best wishes
StJohn

Offline Klickteryx

• Playmo Master
« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2019, 09:24:50 »
Good call, the helmet looks like the one Alex has. Visor is the same from previous sets I think.

Offline StJohn

• Playmo Master
« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2019, 18:49:09 »
No: the old visor is round, this one has a sharp bend, like Alex's. Helmet and visor seem to me to be the newer type, hitherto only available in 9001.

Offline Klickteryx

• Playmo Master
« Reply #4 on: August 25, 2019, 01:37:33 »
Hadn't noticed that but then I don't have that Alex helmet. Good to see some more variation. Is the Alex visor compatible with the older helmets then?

Offline StJohn

• Playmo Master
« Reply #5 on: August 25, 2019, 09:30:29 »
I don't yet have it either. The helmet is different than the old one (no feather hole), so I doubt that the visors can be exchanged. I hope to be able to tell you soon!

Best wishes
StJohn

Offline Hadoque

• Capitaine de la "Licorne"
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #6 on: August 25, 2019, 23:47:48 »
It is the same helmet as the one from Alex in set 9001.
I´ll be able to confirm when(ever) my order arrives, I already bought a few smaller Novelmore sets + some Add-ons last Friday.
(I´m meanwhile still waiting for an online DS parts order to be sent off in Germany, it´s been 2.5 weeks now since I made the order  ::)  )

Btw;
When I bought set 9001 a few years ago, the helmet came without the visor in the box. I contacted DS Service back then and told them the visor was lacking, the reply was "reason is it is not available anymore". So they sold such sets with the helmet without the visor, I call that fraud.   >:(

Resistance is futile, you will be boarded!

Offline Klickteryx

• Playmo Master
« Reply #7 on: August 26, 2019, 01:53:15 »

When I bought set 9001 a few years ago, the helmet came without the visor in the box. I contacted DS Service back then and told them the visor was lacking, the reply was "reason is it is not available anymore".

You have to laugh. You're also right, it is fraudulent that they sell something knowingly without a part. Why didn't they just make more, it's not like they had to source the part from some third party company. I suspect the reply you got though was typical avoidance response when dealing with customer service depts. If they can't find what you're looking for right in front of them they claim it doesn't exist.

Now they're producing them again maybe they'll show up elsewhere, I'm hoping that will be the case for the jesters hats and the pointy cap with feather. I hope they're not going to replace all their historic sets with licenced themes where you can't get any parts for.

Offline HDTM

• Playmo Fanatic
    • Little Carpet Wars
« Reply #8 on: August 29, 2019, 08:15:02 »
thank you all! It seems to me the only good thing about the new Knight Line :'(

Offline tahra

• Playmo Guru
    • playkingdoms
« Reply #9 on: August 29, 2019, 09:31:27 »
thank you all! It seems to me the only good thing about the new Knight Line :'(