Author Topic: medieval people  (Read 4043 times)

Offline tahra

• Playmo Guru
    • playkingdoms
Re: medieval people
« Reply #10 on: October 26, 2015, 20:28:08 »
Speaking of different bodies, I was going to swap arms with one of those "speedo" bodies and was annoyed to find the arms aren't compatible with the regular arms. I'm sure you already know this, but it really reduces what you can do with that body type. Are the arms of the teenage bodies compatible with the regular arms?

The arms on the speedos are only good among the SAME GENDER. Speedo male and speedo female arms. Yes, you read that right. It was a bitter disappointment.

I didn't pop any of the new Super 4 bodies.

The fairy seems radically different. INCLUDING THE DARN HEAD. So I gave that up.

Alex, Gene and Ruby I don't have repeats, and don't really plan to anymore. From a posted link, the heads are different too... and to me, it looked like Alex's arms are male speedo arms. This from looking at the pic.  Add to that the silly left+right arms, and... bah. I think right now, these are useless for customs. Except Alex and Ruby's hair, of course...

Offline Klickteryx

• Playmo Master
« Reply #11 on: October 26, 2015, 22:19:28 »
Okay, I just pulled a female one apart and the arms do (almost) fit a regular body. They're off about 1mm, leaving a gap between the shoulder and torso.
That's nuts, it's so close to the regular arm why didn't they alter the torso slighty to fit the normal arm and not create a different arm type?

Offline Rasputin

• The Mad Monk
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #12 on: October 26, 2015, 23:12:08 »
Okay, I just pulled a female one apart and the arms do (almost) fit a regular body. They're off about 1mm, leaving a gap between the shoulder and torso.
That's nuts, it's so close to the regular arm why didn't they alter the torso slighty to fit the normal arm and not create a different arm type?

Becouse the factory geobra is stuck with the mentality "if you want a construction toy....buy Lego"

But then they introduce the Fi?ures series. Sanity is in short supply these days

Why abandon an amazing building system called stecks and system x for a modular system similar to fisher price?

So many questions and no one with any kahonees to answer truthfully
If you hear the sound of the bell which will tell you that Grigori has been killed, if it was your relations who have wrought my death, then no one in the family will remain alive. They will be killed by the Russian people. :prays:

Offline Baron Marshall

• Playmo Master
« Reply #13 on: October 26, 2015, 23:45:13 »
Money money money.....  :o we are still buying....  ;)
Someday, I will organize my stuff, I promise.

Offline Birdie

• Playmo Master
« Reply #14 on: October 27, 2015, 16:19:31 »
I like your medieval people a lot! Very creative use of parts. I wouldn't mind adding them to my city  ;D

Offline Klickteryx

• Playmo Master
« Reply #15 on: November 05, 2015, 22:55:06 »
The Marco Polo has a really nice printed torso half hidden under his large collar that looks great on its own. Kitchen woman (rather than milkmaid) I wanted to look a bit closer to the original - fun fact - kitchen women were regarded as having loose morals and are typically painted in suggestive fashion for the time - milk was associated with sex for instance. Vermeer's painting handles the subject in a more subtle fashion, such as the little tile near the floor with a picture of cupid on it.
Durer has a better hair and I trimmed the beard.
Luther has hair closer to the portrait of him too, would prefer this in black - does it come in black?

Offline tahra

• Playmo Guru
    • playkingdoms
« Reply #16 on: November 06, 2015, 08:39:14 »
Luther has hair closer to the portrait of him too, would prefer this in black - does it come in black?

I THINK so... But to me that makes them look like women..

Offline Klickteryx

• Playmo Master
« Reply #17 on: November 06, 2015, 09:39:38 »
The page boy hair style was originally worn by men. It gets its name from the stereotypical page-boy of the middle ages. It shows up a lot in medieval portraits. It wasn't until the 1920s that women started to wear their hair that way then it became popular in the 1960s. It's the same with skirts, up until the early 20th century, women wore full length dresses or skirts. Shorter "dresses" were typically associated with historic male garments such as the tunic and kilt. Now of course anything skirt like is associated with females and also most hair styles that aren't short.

Offline Pynedor

• Playmo Master
« Reply #18 on: November 06, 2015, 21:12:54 »
Great figures! :)
~Pynedor~

Offline Tiermann

• Playmo Master
  • Playmosaurus friendus
    • Animobil
« Reply #19 on: November 07, 2015, 00:37:50 »
Those look great! I think I need to pop a Marco Polo, really like the printing at the collar there.