Creative > How-To

Combining Playmobil Victorian houses? 70890 big and 70891 small.

(1/1)

Nightlioness:
Well then! The time has come that my starting project: museum/studyroom is going to expand. Currently, I'm using the smaller version Victorian house, but I've bought the bigger version and it should arrive this week. 70890 big house and 70891 small house.

Now I'm wondering, if I can combine the rooms (not the attic) from the smaller house together with the bigger one? Is this possible? Or will it look incredibly silly with a non functioning front door?

Any tips? Can I combine more things? What to do with the extra front door if the rooms can stack? Anything is welcome!

GrahamB:
The two houses can be combined as most of the parts are the same in both sets. But as I think you realise, you will end up with a doorway to nowhere on the highest floor because the only triple-width piece you will have for the front wall has 2 windows and a door!

You can make a triple width wall with three windows from a double width wall (2 windows) and a single width wall (1 window). The single width wall only came in set 7411, which was an extension floor for the Victorian mansion. The part was 30660240. 7411 is hard to come by now, but it seems to be due for re-release later this year. See here. So you might get the single wall as a spare part later this year (act fast before they sell out!).

Another way to get a single-width window wall is to make one from a double or triple wall. This is probably the cheapest option. It involves sawing and glueing pieces of a wall together. You would probably get a suitable wall to modify like this on eBay. I have done this in the past and I could hunt out one of the walls I created to show you, if you are interested.

Nightlioness:

--- Quote from: GrahamB on February 06, 2024, 21:06:36 ---The two houses can be combined as most of the parts are the same in both sets. But as I think you realise, you will end up with a doorway to nowhere on the highest floor because the only triple-width piece you will have for the front wall has 2 windows and a door!

You can make a triple width wall with three windows from a double width wall (2 windows) and a single width wall (1 window). The single width wall only came in set 7411, which was an extension floor for the Victorian mansion. The part was 30660240. 7411 is hard to come by now, but it seems to be due for re-release later this year. See here. So you might get the single wall as a spare part later this year (act fast before they sell out!).

Another way to get a single-width window wall is to make one from a double or triple wall. This is probably the cheapest option. It involves sawing and glueing pieces of a wall together. You would probably get a suitable wall to modify like this on eBay. I have done this in the past and I could hunt out one of the walls I created to show you, if you are interested.

--- End quote ---

First, thank you for your comment!

I indeed saw that I would have a door (and even two with the side door to the terrace as well) to nowhere, which would indeed look strange. But it is good to read I can combine the buildings together! I'm still a beginner when it comes to combining big Playmobil things together. Oh my... I don't know if I can manage the sawing part, although I can try in the future if I get/find the parts that I need. If you have a photo and it wouldn't be an issue, I would love to see your result! :D

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version