Author Topic: Hair Updo/update  (Read 8888 times)

Offline tahra

• Playmo Guru
    • playkingdoms
Re: Hair Updo/update
« Reply #10 on: October 26, 2019, 20:01:51 »
I'm not sure what you meant by 'short' and 'tall' Super4 aliens.

Short alien, tall alien  - playmodb links

There are 5 Super4 types in the list. AFAIK their heads are interchangeable, but I may be wrong about that (I will have to find mine and pull off their heads...). Obviously their hair is not interchangeable, like children and baby klickies.

Those I pointed out are 3 not interchangeable types. A real shame. And weird. And pointless. Very lame design. IMO.

Ah, I think there are 2 of DR X, the first is normal, the other one, 9003,  is the same as Alex/Gene/Ruby..

BTW at the moment, the link to Super4 theme doesn't work on PlaymoDB so here is a link with all the Super4 sets listed Super4 sets

Thanks ;)

Offline sbblabotw

• Mistress of PlaymoDB
  • Playmo Addict
    • PlaymoDB ... the UNOFFICIAL online database for Playmobil® toys
« Reply #11 on: October 27, 2019, 00:36:31 »

BTW at the moment, the link to Super4 theme doesn't work on PlaymoDB so here is a link with all the Super4 sets listed Super4 sets

Fixed. (A bit of over-vigilance against hackers.) Thanks for mentioning it!

PlaymoDB Sets By Theme - Super 4 / Focus - all
PlaymoDB.org has catalogued over FIFTY-FIVE THOUSAND parts in more than 6100 sets. Come and visit to find any set or part numbers you need to know!

Offline GrahamB

• Playmo Master
    • Playmofanatic
« Reply #12 on: November 07, 2019, 18:32:26 »
Shouldn't the Super4 aliens be included here?

I believe these should not all be together, as they are not interchangeable - there 3 types:
- normal - sir Gareth, and the short super 4 alien
- Gene, tall Super4 alien (I think) - same as Ruby, I believe
- and the starved fairies, like Twinkle and those other 2 you list...

IMO, of course.

I have been thinking about this for a few days, Tahra and eventually got around to pulling heads off Super4 klickies. You are, of course, absolutely right: the heads are not freely interchangeable, but fall into those three groups.

For each type of head, I measured the diameter of the neck stem (just below the neckline) and the length of the neck stem (the part that's normally invisible inside the klicky)

1. Normal heads (Neck stem is 6mm in diameter at the top and 13.25mm long)
    This group includes Sir Gareth (30 00 6413) and the Boss Sykronian (30 00 1804), neither of which has removable hair.

2. Heads with narrow necks (neck stem is 5.25mm in diameter at the top and 16mm long)
    This group includes both non-removable hair on Gene (30 00 1804) and the Sykronian Expendable (30 00 0029) as well as removable hair (which IS compatible with all 'normal' heads) on Alex (both types 30 00 0019 and 30 00 0049) and Ruby (both types, 30 14 0019 and 30 14 0029)

3. Heads with even narrower necks (neck stem is 4.8mm in diameter at the top and about 17mm long- the end broke off the end of my Twinkle's neck when I decapitated her!)
    This group includes the four fairies, such as Twinkle (30 14 0039), Lorella (k6689), 30 14 0009 and the Quick fairy.

I have not investigated other klickies (Spirit, for example), but I think any klicky that has removable hair must have a Type 1 or 2 head. With Type 2 heads with removable hair, the back of the head is cylindrical:

So, I have modified my hair chart to make it clear that Gene, Twinkle and Sir Gareth can't actually swap heads! I have also added in the two Sykronian  styles and the rabbit heads (which, like the tall Sykronian, do not have hair at all!). Updated version here.
« Last Edit: April 23, 2020, 08:39:54 by GrahamB »
At that moment the ship suddenly stopped rocking and swaying, the engine pitch settled down to a gentle hum. 'Hey Ford.' said Zaphod, 'that sounds good. Have you worked out the controls on this boat?' 'No,' said Ford, 'I just stopped fiddling with them.' (With thanks to Douglas Adams)

Offline tahra

• Playmo Guru
    • playkingdoms
« Reply #13 on: November 07, 2019, 19:07:59 »
There's a pic of the spirit klicky popped somewhere on the PROCESS.  They are the same as the super4 fairies.

WHY!? WHY!?  It's so pointless!

Offline GrahamB

• Playmo Master
    • Playmofanatic
« Reply #14 on: November 09, 2019, 09:14:02 »
Yes, you are correct Tahra (as the Customizer and Dismemberment Queen, that's not surprising!). I only have one Spirit figure, Maricela and she has a Type 3 head but removable hair. So you could use the head to add a removable hair of your choice to one of the Super4 fairies, if you were so inclined....

This statement

I think any klicky that has removable hair must have a Type 1 or 2 head.

is wrong.. Removable hair can be found on types 1(normal), 2 (Alex, Ruby) and 3 (Spirit) heads.
At that moment the ship suddenly stopped rocking and swaying, the engine pitch settled down to a gentle hum. 'Hey Ford.' said Zaphod, 'that sounds good. Have you worked out the controls on this boat?' 'No,' said Ford, 'I just stopped fiddling with them.' (With thanks to Douglas Adams)

Offline Janilew

• Playmo Lover
« Reply #15 on: March 25, 2020, 21:55:41 »
But Cinemano managed to use sir gareth's head on a new body. Unless they did some renovating?

Offline tahra

• Playmo Guru
    • playkingdoms
« Reply #16 on: March 26, 2020, 07:53:16 »
But Cinemano managed to use sir gareth's head on a new body. Unless they did some renovating?

Which new body? The head is perfectly normal.  It will fit normal klickys and speedos. It will not fit the weird klickys from Super 4 - like Alex and the Fairies (and the Spirit ones, that share the weirdness)

Offline Janilew

• Playmo Lover
« Reply #17 on: March 26, 2020, 12:15:51 »
Which new body? The head is perfectly normal.  It will fit normal klickys and speedos. It will not fit the weird klickys from Super 4 - like Alex and the Fairies (and the Spirit ones, that share the weirdness)

That's what I meant, and I realized this after posting, sorry!

I didn't realize the heads were different until I stumbled across this post during a search. I was wondering why nobody customized the main four! I saw one person on klickywelt do the two Genes, but had to hide the necks with armor. Shame, I was looking forward to customizing my extras. :/ I'm almost tempted to saw the necks, something I'd never thought I'd do.

Lastly, I think due to the unique and slimmer bodies, the company was forced to make different innards. The fairies are supposed to be the smallest of them all in the show. But SHEESH they could've found some ways to be compatible surely! >:(

Offline tahra

• Playmo Guru
    • playkingdoms
« Reply #18 on: March 26, 2020, 15:39:50 »
Lastly, I think due to the unique and slimmer bodies, the company was forced to make different innards. The fairies are supposed to be the smallest of them all in the show. But SHEESH they could've found some ways to be compatible surely! >:(

IMO, it's ridiculous. In the case of Alex and Gene, unless you are really looking for it, you won't notice the difference unless they are side by side with a normal one.

And the fairies look starved. The legs and arms are terrible.

Plus, the printed heads are not an improvement - the spirit ones with be pretty (the ones in pants at least, with that GORGEOUS sculpt we can't use) if the face print wasn't so darn high. They look like morons like this (and hard to find hairs for them too :( ). And they would be sooo pretty.

Offline Janilew

• Playmo Lover
« Reply #19 on: March 26, 2020, 16:45:44 »
IMO, it's ridiculous. In the case of Alex and Gene, unless you are really looking for it, you won't notice the difference unless they are side by side with a normal one.

And the fairies look starved. The legs and arms are terrible.

Plus, the printed heads are not an improvement - the spirit ones with be pretty (the ones in pants at least, with that GORGEOUS sculpt we can't use) if the face print wasn't so darn high. They look like morons like this (and hard to find hairs for them too :( ). And they would be sooo pretty.

I agree with you on faces in Twinkle's case. WHY DOESN'T SHE (and the other fairies) HAVE EYEBROWS?! It's disturbing, like they'll murder you in your sleep.

I've been thinking of a way to salvage them. Since I'm the only one on this entire forum, and maybe others, mad enough to sew for klickies, I might be able to get around their unique body types. You could almost picture their tops as undergarments, and their arms are mostly naked! The only issue hard to ignore is the hair. But there is a possible silver lining. Since the molded hair tends to be rather close to the head, if one wanted to, they could sand it down so it's mostly flush with the head and fit it for a cap/wig. The protrusions on Twinkle's hair, and the hole in Lorella's (the pink fairy) could serve as guides. The only one who'd struggle with this method is Donalba (the blue fairy). You might have to sand it down altogether, or drill a hole yourself.

As for Gene, due to his black sleeves, he could only ever wear long armed clothing, unless you could use them. Same with Ruby who could never wear a neckline lower than a choker...unless you wanted to. The most difficult one of the bunch is Alex. His permanent shoulder armor would pose a grievous challenge. You might have to swap his arm with one of Ruby's if not cut it off altogether.

And for heads, as what people here and on klickywelt suggested, you'd have to cut and grind a bit of the neck bit to get them to fit. It doesn't sound all that hard, especially considering what I know what some members are capable of. ;) You just have to be careful.

Now....if only I had some spares....