General > Trains!

Finally got my Western Train cars!

(1/2) > >>

Captain Henry:
I have been looking for the Western train cars for a long time, the Passenger Car,
Cattle Car,

and Boxcar.

(Thanks for the images Bart - Collectobil rocks!)

But I was unwilling to pay the high prices they routinely commanded on ebay. Last week, on a whim, I did a search for Playmobil on their model train section, and found all three listed separately Passenger Car, Cattle Car, and Boxcar, with a BIN price of $12.95! I could not believe it - I bought them all as quickly as I could hit the BIN button :D then went back to re-read the descriptions very carefully, afraid I might have only bought the boxes or something silly like that. The reason I hurried is that I have had BIN auctions bought out from under me in the time it takes me to read the description and bid! :(

Anyway, I got them today and they are even better than I imagined. They do look as if they've never been removed from their boxes, and they are beautiful. Anyway, I do not mean to go on and on, but these have been at or near the top of my wanted list for a long time, and I had despaired of getting them at a reasonable price, and then I found them - on ebay no less. So, the moral of this long story, if there is one, is keep the faith and keep looking - there are still great sets out there! :D

playmofire:
Congratulations, Cap'n.  A good deal well done! :)

Sylvia:
Wow! You snagged a real bargain there, Henry!  :o

Looks like you were in the right place at just the right time since they were all very newly listed. :yup:

Great news!! Thanks for sharing it with us. :D

Sir Gareth:
They are nice cars to have, I'm still waiting to get a MISB 4121 cattle car to complete my western train. I have a used loose one but it is missing one of the grey side rails, I just hope I can find a bargain like yours oneday CH.

Tiermann:
Wow, congratulations!
I have a decent passenger car, but no boxcar, and my cattlecar is missing a door part. Someday...

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version