Author Topic: Young Zebra  (Read 6086 times)

Offline Sir Gareth

• Playmo Addict
Re: Young Zebra
« Reply #10 on: May 05, 2006, 17:57:27 »
If you hadn't of told me it was a custom job, I would be looking to find what set it came in, it's that good.

Well photographed as always.
I'm only human, born to make mistakes.

Offline playmofire

• Klicky Firemeister
  • Playmo Guru
    • Copt Hewick Volunteer Fire Brigade - probably the world's smallest fire brigade!
« Reply #11 on: May 08, 2006, 19:38:05 »
Everyone's said everything - there's nothing I can add!
“Today well-lived makes every yesterday a day of happiness to remember and every tomorrow a vision of hope.”

Offline Tim_w

• This and That
  • Playmo Addict
« Reply #12 on: May 12, 2006, 16:15:23 »
Hello  Little Jo

That is really impressive work. It really is impossible to tell that this is a custom because you have done such a wonderfull job  :)9.

Kindest Regards  Tim

(28/5/03/850)

Offline Little Jo

• Tool Master
  • Playmo Master
    • Little Jo's PlaymoWorld
« Reply #13 on: September 04, 2006, 21:00:27 »
Last Saturday I can't resist and bought the new 4081 Safari set (also cf. here). So here is the direct comparison of my customized zebra and the new original PM one.

I was a little bit surprised how much stripes the new one has. And I'm wondering if zebras are losing strips when they are grown up (because I adapted the numbers of stripes directly from the adult one to the baby, and look on your own how less are these compared with PM's variant).

p.s.: Oh, nearly I forgot -- for those that are interested, the part no. is 30 63 4562 (but I assume as usual that you have to wait a few weeks until it can be ordered from DS).

Offline Tiermann

• Playmo Master
  • Playmosaurus friendus
    • Animobil
« Reply #14 on: September 04, 2006, 21:44:16 »
Thanks for the number Jochen. I wonder if as the baby grows the stripes get farther apart?

Offline Customizer

• Playmo Master
« Reply #15 on: September 04, 2006, 21:49:35 »
Hi Jochen,

thx for this pics but.....
can you made a pic from both babies and the real Zebra ??

many thx

gentle greets

Andi

Offline Sylvia

• Administrator
  • Playmo Master
    • Just For Kl!cks
« Reply #16 on: September 04, 2006, 22:15:46 »
Thanks for the comparison pic, Jochen.
I was curious to see how they would look side by side. :yup:

I was a little bit surprised how much stripes the new one has.
Maybe your zebra foal simply comes from a different species to the new one?  ;)

Some interesting facts about zebras and their stripes:

• Each zebra has its own unique stripe pattern — like human fingerprints.
  • Different zebra species have different types of stripes, from narrow to wide. In fact, the further south on the African plains you travel, the farther apart the stripes on the zebras get.
  • Zebras are generally thought to have white coats with black (sometimes brown) stripes.  However, some zebras are born with genetic variations that make them all black with white stripes, or mostly dark with the striped pattern only on part of their coats.
  • Zebras are attracted to black-and-white stripes. Even if stripes are painted on a wall, a zebra will tend to go stand next to it!

Can tell I've been googling again, right? :lol:

Offline playmofire

• Klicky Firemeister
  • Playmo Guru
    • Copt Hewick Volunteer Fire Brigade - probably the world's smallest fire brigade!
« Reply #17 on: September 05, 2006, 01:26:51 »
Thanks for the number Jochen. I wonder if as the baby grows the stripes get farther apart?

Here's a pic which suggests that might be the case.  Interestingly, on one website it said that the stripes on the young zebra were chocolate brown and turned balck with age.  However, it didn't say at what age this happened.
“Today well-lived makes every yesterday a day of happiness to remember and every tomorrow a vision of hope.”