General > Report & Review

70382 Fighter with Tiger

<< < (2/2)

Pynedor:
Great review! Thanks!

It would be excellent if there were a matching purple robe arm instead of the poorly printed one. And, since they're specific to the side, multiples wouldn't help to fix that. :-\

--- Quote from: Ismene on March 29, 2022, 13:25:34 ---This is how I show up on dates, with a different shade of eyeshadow of course.

--- End quote ---

What colour is better then? :lol:

--- Quote from: Ismene on March 30, 2022, 04:32:15 ---I hadn't considered the superhero angle. She reminds me of RPGs where you get a familiar and wander the world, doing random quests.

--- End quote ---

For this set, I was thinking it would fit more with an anime or manga (or even just fantasy) sort of theme, but RPGs work too! I agree that there is certainly a modern superhero influence shown in some of the sets though.

Macruran:
Hero + animal would be a cool series  <*) :rudy:

Ismene:

--- Quote from: Pynedor on March 31, 2022, 23:31:14 ---Great review! Thanks!

It would be excellent if there were a matching purple robe arm instead of the poorly printed one. And, since they're specific to the side, multiples wouldn't help to fix that. :-\

What colour is better then? :lol:

For this set, I was thinking it would fit more with an anime or manga (or even just fantasy) sort of theme, but RPGs work too! I agree that there is certainly a modern superhero influence shown in some of the sets though.

--- End quote ---

Yes, and it's not a particularly common shade of purple, so I'm not going to have a spare arm to sub in. It was an interesting stylistic choice, but the execution failed.

TBH, I don't particularly feel klickies need eyeshadow. It's not like they have eyelids. It's too precarious to erase though - might lose an eye.
IRL, I prefer earthy tones with a bit of shimmer; makeup that does not take over your face.

Lots of RPGs are based on generic fantasy lore (as far as I can tell, as someone who hasn't played an RPG in ages), so fantasy/RPG theme same difference.
If we're venturing into manga and anime land, I have requests. But fun sets could be made without crossing into trademark territory as well.

Pynedor:

--- Quote from: Ismene on April 02, 2022, 11:58:47 ---Yes, and it's not a particularly common shade of purple, so I'm not going to have a spare arm to sub in. It was an interesting stylistic choice, but the execution failed.
--- End quote ---

Yes. :( I haven't bought one of these yet, but, since I saw it, I've been trying to figure out how I want to change the arms when I get one. Perhaps a sleeveless arm without printing would work nicely (for one or both arms).

--- Quote from: Ismene on April 02, 2022, 11:58:47 ---TBH, I don't particularly feel klickies need eyeshadow. It's not like they have eyelids. It's too precarious to erase though - might lose an eye.
--- End quote ---

I agree. Some of them are quite unnecessary, and bad printing can make them even worse. :-\

--- Quote from: Ismene on April 02, 2022, 11:58:47 ---IRL, I prefer earthy tones with a bit of shimmer; makeup that does not take over your face.

--- End quote ---

That certainly sounds more pleasant. :)

--- Quote from: Ismene on April 02, 2022, 11:58:47 ---Lots of RPGs are based on generic fantasy lore (as far as I can tell, as someone who hasn't played an RPG in ages), so fantasy/RPG theme same difference.
--- End quote ---

That's true. She would definitely fit in nicely as a fantasy RPG character. And many JRPGs have similar fantasy settings to those commonly used in anime and manga anyway.

--- Quote from: Ismene on April 02, 2022, 11:58:47 ---If we're venturing into manga and anime land, I have requests. But fun sets could be made without crossing into trademark territory as well.
--- End quote ---

Hopefully we won't have too long to wait before we start seeing more sets with this influence! :D I would guess that they will also be similar to this set though (what we would expect in a fantasy setting). There are plenty of other anime and manga settings and themes, but I'd be even more surprised if Playmobil were to try to expand to some of them.

4bairns:

--- Quote from: Ismene on April 02, 2022, 11:58:47 ---Yes, and it's not a particularly common shade of purple, so I'm not going to have a spare arm to sub in. It was an interesting stylistic choice, but the execution failed.

TBH, I don't particularly feel klickies need eyeshadow. It's not like they have eyelids. It's too precarious to erase though - might lose an eye.
IRL, I prefer earthy tones with a bit of shimmer; makeup that does not take over your face.

Lots of RPGs are based on generic fantasy lore (as far as I can tell, as someone who hasn't played an RPG in ages), so fantasy/RPG theme same difference.
If we're venturing into manga and anime land, I have requests. But fun sets could be made without crossing into trademark territory as well.

--- End quote ---

I don’t particularly like the face makeup at all! I like the fancy clothes on many (not all!) more modern klickies, including this one. But I don’t like the garish makeup.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version