Getting Started > Welcome!

Hello from the centre of the universe

(1/3) > >>

m00f:
Good Morning, afternoon, or evening depending where you are in the world.
I am in my early 50's and live near Ostersund in Sweden. I am not Swedish, my wife is. I am originally from London. We moved here 4 years ago in the search for a better life. I don't know if we have found it, but our quality of life is much better. We live in a small village, about 30 miles to the nearest town, in the middle of the forest. At the moment it is -10 outside and we have more snow than you can shake a stick at, which we will have until May.

My love for Playmobil started in the mid 70's when i received some Playmobil for Christmas. Since then we have had 3 kids who are now in there late 20's. For birthdays and Christmas we would always buy them playmobil.

Last week my wife and I started to go through boxes we hadn't opened after we moved here (we still have a room full) and guess what we came across....You guessed it PLAYMOBIL
I never realised how much we had bought them over the years. I had totally forgot about the 3 train sets and all the cars, trucks etc. It re-sparked my interest. So i got thinking....
I have a huge basement that is not being used and I plan to build a playmobil world, which i will call "Utopia"
The space is 10 meters by 8 meters, so pretty big.
I have a great sense of humour which is very dry, the Swedes don't get it..... I plan on taking lots of pictures and doing stories which I will post here, as the build progresses.

From what I have read it seems that most of us are in the 40's and 50's. I wonder who we actually bought all this stuff for years ago, us or our kids :D
It  is great to be part of a community who shares my passion and I look forward to reading your posts, and sharing my Playmobil experience with you all.

Rasputin:
Welcome from sunny California

Looking forward to your basement project

With the snow, seems you’ll have plenty of time to build

Started out “for the 3 kids” but quickly spiraled out of control

tahra:
Welcome from Portugal!

--- Quote from: m00f on December 16, 2021, 10:08:18 ---The space is 10 meters by 8 meters, so pretty big.

--- End quote ---

I am jealous of such an area. I believe space is the number one enemy for a collector.

--- Quote from: m00f on December 16, 2021, 10:08:18 ---I wonder who we actually bought all this stuff for years ago, us or our kids :D

--- End quote ---

I don't. We always bought them for us. No excuses needed. (which is good, considering I have no kids :P )

Looking forward to pics - lots and lots of pics!!

playmofire:
A warm welcome from North Yorkshire!   :wave:

GrahamB:
Welcome from Blighty! It's +10 degrees here, no snow at all, so I will just have to shake a stick at something else  :(

I'm excited to see your PM collection and display barn. Something to keep you busy until the snow melts!

Jealous!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version