Author Topic: Fairies Go Shopping  (Read 1419 times)

Offline Raven

• Playmo Addict
Fairies Go Shopping
« on: August 06, 2021, 10:51:22 »

I had forgotten how much fairies’ wings got in the way!  Apart from getting in the way for photographs, they also spent a lot of time knocking things off shelves.  Which was totally the fairies’ fault (not mine), of course.
Have a good time, make life cheerful and bright, dance if you want to, sing if you can, play as long as you live and leave the world with a smile - Lemuel K. Washburn

Offline tahra

• Playmo Guru
    • playkingdoms
Re: Fairies Go Shopping
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2021, 19:03:11 »
Awesome!

And so colorful!

I can see that's a really nice market for the fairies...

I hope the kid finds the proper place for that stupid sign...

I had forgotten how much fairies’ wings got in the way!  Apart from getting in the way for photographs, they also spent a lot of time knocking things off shelves.  Which was totally the fairies’ fault (not mine), of course.

Definitely,  THEIR fault.

I LOVE fairies too.. but it's hard as Tartarus to put them away - because wings, yes.  ::)

Offline GrahamB

• Playmo Master
    • Playmofanatic
« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2021, 08:53:52 »
Lovely set up Raven! It's great to see free-living beings becoming encumbered with material possessions in an open-air setting. (Only joking). They even have an ATM!

Will Mr. Raven be invading any time soon?
At that moment the ship suddenly stopped rocking and swaying, the engine pitch settled down to a gentle hum. 'Hey Ford.' said Zaphod, 'that sounds good. Have you worked out the controls on this boat?' 'No,' said Ford, 'I just stopped fiddling with them.' (With thanks to Douglas Adams)

Offline Raven

• Playmo Addict
« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2021, 17:33:23 »
^ He didn't get the chance!

The dining table needed to be cleared again, so I left it up long enough for him to come home from work and look at it - and then it was swept off the table put carefully away before he had the opportunity to bring in baby dinosaurs, boys in pyjamas, drunken skeletons, and the like.....

Have a good time, make life cheerful and bright, dance if you want to, sing if you can, play as long as you live and leave the world with a smile - Lemuel K. Washburn

Offline doug

• Playmo Fanatic
« Reply #4 on: August 09, 2021, 18:50:04 »
Nice combo of themes, Raven.  They merge well.
I can't look for too long, though.  The color intensity is overloading my synapses!  ;)

Offline Tiermann

• Playmo Master
  • Playmosaurus friendus
    • Animobil
« Reply #5 on: August 11, 2021, 17:55:01 »
Wonderful scene!  Really like the choice of shops and contents
Too bad Mr Raven didn't get to play, could use a few more dinosaurs

Offline Raven

• Playmo Addict
« Reply #6 on: August 11, 2021, 19:46:36 »
Quote from: doug
I can't look for too long, though.  The color intensity is overloading my synapses!  ;)

The colour is a bit too much.  It is caused by that gold base.  Mr Raven and I went shopping for some new large pieces of cardboard to use as bases for dioramas.  We expected to purchase a good selection of colours,  The shop, however, only had silver or gold.  Not wanting to come home with nothing, we bought silver and gold.

The silver is very reflective, and causes annoying shadows everywhere.  The gold doesn't even look wonderfully gold on photos, but seems to make everything around ultra-brilliant.

But I won't let anything put me off Playmo-building.  Maybe I don't have the things I'd ideally want ... but I'll do it anyway.  And photograph it anyway (even though I have an ancient camera, and am no photographer). 

And share it anyway.

Apologies to anyone whose neurological conditions make something difficult to look at.  And seriously I mean that.