General > Direct Service/Parts Queries

Tax on DS Shipment

(1/5) > >>

mike1003:
Im shocked. I ordered some stuff from the DS and UPS stopped it at the Border and i have to pay 47 quid tax on it. its a 150 quid order. Anyone has similiar problems?

i thought its still a free trade arangement..

Im contacted the DS department and will see whats happening now.

Government Charges:
Brokerage Charges:
Freight Charges:
VAT:
Total Due GBP:

mike1003:
hmm i just see taht all under 135 quid is free. they should have told me. i need to phone them tomorrow. send back and repack :lol

StJohn:
Welcome to the Brexit, Mike. It's all over the newspapers: Nothing is free, also not under £ 135. I suppose all Geobra online shops are still considered German/EU tax entities? If you had ordered at German DS, things would have turned out cheaper.

Oliver:
I did actually wonder about this, especially for spare parts which always come from Germany rather than the UK.

Was it spare parts or sets? I'd (hope) that full sets would be dispatched from the UK, and so the tax was sorted out already, but I can see that wouldn't be possible for the spare parts service - and potentially I can either see them refusing to post to the UK.

I *think* you used to be able to receive packages up to £50 from outside the EU but I know it's a bit hit and miss - I've had clothing items from Australia be hit with the import charges, and some vinyl from the USA and both would have been below the £135 threshold. It's easy to forget when you're buying online  ::)

mike1003:

--- Quote from: Oliver on January 22, 2021, 06:26:36 ---I did actually wonder about this, especially for spare parts which always come from Germany rather than the UK.

Was it spare parts or sets? I'd (hope) that full sets would be dispatched from the UK, and so the tax was sorted out already, but I can see that wouldn't be possible for the spare parts service - and potentially I can either see them refusing to post to the UK.

I *think* you used to be able to receive packages up to £50 from outside the EU but I know it's a bit hit and miss - I've had clothing items from Australia be hit with the import charges, and some vinyl from the USA and both would have been below the £135 threshold. It's easy to forget when you're buying online  ::)

--- End quote ---

Sets are dispatched from Germany too. But it s more than 30 percent and that's wrong. Customs on gov says between 135 and 630 it's max 2.5 and under its free as it's a EU produced product without non EU parts.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version