Getting Started > Welcome!

Hello from Scandinavia

(1/3) > >>

Morgan:
:wave: Hi!!  :D

I would like to spend a minute or two introducing myself.

I'm a Norwegian and my name is Kristian. Maybe some of you have noticed me on other boards.

My love for Playmobil started when I was a kid, almost every X-mas and birthday a blue box or two found its way to my room  ;D The jewel of my collection back then was the 3050 pirate ship I think. I was mostly into pirates, western, some rescue and police, construction, a little bit knight.... Playmobil was so great because I could create everyting I wanted, just a load of Playmo and some fantasy, boom: a huge battle, a small town in the wild west, a building (my comode) was on fire, the construction of a bridge...

However, when I turned 15 or 16, Playmobil was not so important in life anymore. It was put on the loft, and other things got priority.  ;)

But now I'm 23 and a year or two ago, I was surfing the web. Hey, I wonder if Playmobil has a site on the web, what is new since I was a kid? When I found answers to my questions, I was doomed...   :-[ I've been collecting like there was no tomorrow ever since  ::) Now I'm into the historical themes, mainly pirates. But also western, Indians, jungle, knights, and any set that can be combined with them.

I'm a student, attending lawschool. I don't live in the town that I study in, I only rent a small room there. And this is where I keep most of my Playmo, I have a hard time hiding it from friends that would think it is crazy to collect toys  :lol: However, since I'm a student, I'm missing the three important things to collect: time, money and space....  :(

Never the less, I'm really looking forward to get to know you all, see your work,  post some of my photos and promote the interest for the world's best toy: Playmobil  :yup:

Serenity:
 :wave:  Hi Kvart!  Welcome!!

Can't wait to see some of your pictures  ;D

Sylvia:
Hi Kristian!

Thanks for taking the time to introduce yourself. :)

Sorry to hear that you've had to temporarily curb your collecting habits. :( That sounds a bit depressing, but I suppose the rewards will come when you've finished studying. 8-)  How many years at Law School do you still have ahead of you?

Welcome to the forum! :)

Morgan:

--- Quote from: Sylvia on November 11, 2005, 23:46:02 --- How many years at Law School do you still have ahead of you?
--- End quote ---

I have completed one year. So there are 4 or 5, or even 6, to go; depending on what kind of grade the exams provide me.

Psyche:
Hi Kristian! Great to see you here! So you were nabbed by pirates as a child? I hear those Playmo pirates are dangerous that way!  :lol:

I hope you enjoy this forum and very much look forward to seeing your photos.  (I'll keep your number handy in case I'm ever in legal trouble in Norway! ;) )

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version