Author Topic: 9241+9242 Figures 12  (Read 4639 times)

Offline tahra

• Playmo Guru
    • playkingdoms
9241+9242 Figures 12
« on: July 30, 2017, 12:39:16 »
9241+9242 Figures 12

Review at playkingdoms: Figures 12 (direct link)

We got a box with not a single gueisha :(  And a few missing parts.

On the plus side, the printing is really good. They said there were no changes in the printing system, which is baffling.  :hmm:

The highlight is of course the golden Statue Of Liberty. BY THE GODS.  :love: :love: :love:
(unfortunately, and not even the gods probably know why, she has high heels :wall: )

Let me know if I missed anything!

Kept ones later, when we make up our minds  ::)

Offline Ismene

• Playmo Master
Re: 9241+9242 Figures 12
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2017, 14:44:04 »
Wow, these are out already?  8} Thanks for posting. It's always nice to be able to see detailed photos. I'm not sure I will get this series. I only really want three of them, but it's such a pain to track down the ones I want.

This is the first time I noticed the Statue of Liberty has shoes. I was hoping she could be worked into Midas' daughter, but not with high heels!

In the grand scheme of things, I don't mind having a repeat series because these are made for children and they probably haven't bought all the mystery figures and because my wallet likes a break now and again.

Offline tahra

• Playmo Guru
    • playkingdoms
« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2017, 15:04:34 »
Wow, these are out already?  8}

A few weeks ago, yes..

I only really want three of them, but it's such a pain to track down the ones I want.

Which ones?

This is the first time I noticed the Statue of Liberty has shoes. I was hoping she could be worked into Midas' daughter, but not with high heels!

Yes, I was very disappointed. We will use flat shoes instead of those stupid heels, but still. Bare feet would be a whole LOT better.

In the grand scheme of things, I don't mind having a repeat series because these are made for children and they probably haven't bought all the mystery figures and because my wallet likes a break now and again.

I think it's lame. And lazy. Very very lazy.

Offline Macruran

• desperate but not serious
  • Playmo Master
  • Hiya!
    • my incomplete collection spreadsheet
« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2017, 20:54:27 »
Yes, I was very disappointed. We will use flat shoes instead of those stupid heels, but still. Bare feet would be a whole LOT better.

And more accurate. The real statue is wearing sandals and her toes are bare.
"We like things in little." - G. Stein  
 :roman:

Offline Salamander

• Playmo Addict
« Reply #4 on: July 31, 2017, 00:13:09 »
I had no idea these were even announced yet!  ???

Shame there's such a huge amount of duplicates from previous series. I guess I'll be doing the feel the bag method rather than buying a set.  :(

Thanks for your comprehensive review, as always!  :love:

Offline Ismene

• Playmo Master
« Reply #5 on: July 31, 2017, 05:18:45 »
Which ones?

Statue of Liberty, trumpet player, and the blue pirate lady.  I wouldn't mind the wizard, the hoop skirt lady (just for the added accessories), the ninja ('cause it seems strange to have just one ninja), and the Native American lady. Not really enough to justify the whole series. The duplicates are ones my niece already has (I tend to give her the modern klickies that don't interest me).

Offline cheng

• Playmo Master
« Reply #6 on: July 31, 2017, 07:41:57 »
thanks for sharing these pictures Tahra!
.....happy to see that they do bother to print the back of the male chef
....and perhaps I might be able to order a pair of the wizard's long baggy sleeves  ;D
....but still wondering when they are ever going to print the back of trousers, like those of the female chef?
...at least this time, the Geisha comes with a new printed fan(not easy to print on those wavy surfaces)
but the backs of the geisha are unprinted again....isn't there some standardized practices??
 maybe I should try ordering those short frilly sleeves from the female pirate  ;)

Offline Tiermann

• Playmo Master
  • Playmosaurus friendus
    • Animobil
« Reply #7 on: July 31, 2017, 18:59:04 »
Thanks Tahra. I will need to get the co-op thread for the US started. I think I may be able to go with fewer cases this time around.

Offline Baron Marshall

• Playmo Master
« Reply #8 on: July 31, 2017, 20:47:38 »
Thanks Tahra. I will need to get the co-op thread for the US started. I think I may be able to go with fewer cases this time around.

Maybe... I'll still need 2  :lol:
Someday, I will organize my stuff, I promise.

Offline Salamander

• Playmo Addict
« Reply #9 on: July 31, 2017, 23:18:11 »
Yeah, Tim, I'm going to pass this time around, but still appreciate that you offer to do this for us!