Author Topic: Train tables and layouts (with pics!)  (Read 62315 times)

Offline Richard

• Retired Playmobil
  • Wargamer
  • Playmo Master
    • Garden Wargaming
Re: Train tables and layouts (with pics!)
« Reply #10 on: December 11, 2005, 15:52:13 »
Do you guys know which engine has the most pulling capacity?

The BIGGEST one! ...  :lol:

(Sorry, Diana, I just couldn't resist.)

However, that's not too far from the truth. Some of the LGB engines are really HUGE and can pull a long rake. A lot depends on whether you have a flat layout or one with a grade. Even the slightest grade will make a tremendous difference in what you might need for an engine as well as a transformer (transformator).

All the best,
Richard

Offline Richard

• Retired Playmobil
  • Wargamer
  • Playmo Master
    • Garden Wargaming
« Reply #11 on: December 11, 2005, 15:56:53 »
Hope you don't mind me splitting these posts from the original topic they were in, Richard. ;)

Are you kidding? This is GREAT, Sylvia! Thank you very much!  :*)

I hadn't thought about 1.2.3., but I think that this would be the place to discuss them, as well as Playmobil's RC trains.

Thanks again, Sylvia!

All the best,
Richard

Offline Meg

• Playmo Addict
« Reply #12 on: December 11, 2005, 16:04:08 »
Very impressive

Garry, I hope you will post photos of your western train as soon as it is running.

M

Offline Serenity

• Playmo Lover
  • just call me Mal
« Reply #13 on: December 11, 2005, 17:44:22 »
Wow!  Thanks for the layouts ... my husband's going to be very excited to see those.  I'm limiting him to a 6 x 18 layout in the backyard for the time being.  The little guy is still too young to have unlimited access, and I've built up a flower bed that he can't get into.  I'll give part of that to hubby for the trains, as long as I have room enough for some veggies in the other part  (decent produce is hard to come by here). 

When the little guy is older, I'll let the boys take over the back yard with the trains if they want.

Sylvia ~ I'm not sure the train forum is a good idea, I can tell from what has already been posted, that I'm going to start coveting a Playmo western train again, and after seeing what Tim paid  :o    Y'all are gonna get me in trouble  ;) :P  ;D
"Do you know what the chain of command is here? It's the chain I go get and beat you with to show you who's in command."

Offline Richard

• Retired Playmobil
  • Wargamer
  • Playmo Master
    • Garden Wargaming
« Reply #14 on: December 11, 2005, 18:27:50 »
Wow!  Thanks for the layouts ... my husband's going to be very excited to see those

Hello, Serenity ...

I know that Meg uses a Macintosh and I'm hoping that you do as well, because I have a great program for generating Playmobil track plans on a Mac.

Also, please meet me on my "welcome' page as I want to talk with you about this ... "I don't care, I'm still free ... You can't take the sky from me ... "

All the best,
Richard

Offline Serenity

• Playmo Lover
  • just call me Mal
« Reply #15 on: December 11, 2005, 18:44:54 »
Unfortunately, no, our house is all PC (not to be confused with politically correct ;) )

What's the program?  My nephew uses a mac, maybe I could talk him into learning the program.  He's the little guy's godfather, AND aspires to becoming a landscape architect.
"Do you know what the chain of command is here? It's the chain I go get and beat you with to show you who's in command."

Offline Richard

• Retired Playmobil
  • Wargamer
  • Playmo Master
    • Garden Wargaming
« Reply #16 on: December 11, 2005, 19:30:53 »
Unfortunately, no, our house is all PC (not to be confused with politically correct ;) )

What's the program?  My nephew uses a mac, maybe I could talk him into learning the program.  He's the little guy's godfather, AND aspires to becoming a landscape architect.

Hello, Serenity ...

The name of the program is RAIL MODELLER.

click on image above

I think that your nephew will love it. It's shareware and it's only $30.00USD if he likes it! (Might make a nice Christmas present ... ;))

All the best,
Richard

Offline Serenity

• Playmo Lover
  • just call me Mal
« Reply #17 on: December 11, 2005, 19:39:42 »
Thanks for the tip ... shareware is always good.  I already sent his Christmas present, but his birthday is in May  ;D

In the meantime, I forgot my brother has a Mac, and he's much closer in Santa Fe ... I may have to download it and burn it to CD for a stocking stuffer  ;D

Offline Tiermann

• Playmo Master
  • Playmosaurus friendus
    • Animobil
« Reply #18 on: December 12, 2005, 00:36:52 »
Hi, Here are some links to a great site I found tht has som smaller layouts for G Scale trains.

Small layouts: http://www.thortrains.net/glaysm1.htm

Layouts for a 6 by 8 foot space: http://www.thortrains.net/garden/gmini1a.html

Layouts for under the Yule tree, 5 foot and 6 foot square spaces: http://www.thortrains.net/yule/yuleg44a.html

Additional mini-layouts: http://www.thortrains.net/trackplan/Gmini1.html

One of the tree layouts will be doable with the track I am getting from my auction win. Gonna have to give it a try.

Offline Richard

• Retired Playmobil
  • Wargamer
  • Playmo Master
    • Garden Wargaming
« Reply #19 on: December 12, 2005, 01:06:19 »
Thanks, Tim ...

There's some really good ideas in those track plans!

I'm glad that I haven't started laying track yet!

Thanks again and all the best,,
Richard