Author Topic: Accessories at Animobil  (Read 4384 times)

Offline Tiermann

• Playmo Master
  • Playmosaurus friendus
    • Animobil
Accessories at Animobil
« on: June 26, 2006, 20:29:31 »
Hi all,
I have added a new section to Animobil listing accessories used with animals. Everything from a bird perch to an elephant headress. I would appreciate some feedback about that section and the Not Quite Animals section (that has also had an expansion).

Specific questions:
Feathers - have I bit off more than I can chew by stretching to include these? They do come from birds after all...

The For Horses section of Accessories - I have used a more illustration type images to show different saddles and so on. My computer at home has a high density screen so things look smaller on it - the illustrations looked great there, but on the lower density screen at work they look too big.
Should I resize them a bit smaller?
Is the information there accurate as far as you know?

Am I missing anything major?
I have plans for a few more additions in the long term - a section with animal drawn vehicles and the related parts, and perhaps a section on illustrated animals such as in heraldry on shields or the Mamut dump truck.

Thanks for any comments or feedback. I am trying to make the site as comprehensive on the subject of things Playmobil Animal as possible. Now that I am basically caught up with the older animals I have the time o expand in these other directions.

Hint - there is a link to the site in my signature below :)

Offline Tiermann

• Playmo Master
  • Playmosaurus friendus
    • Animobil
Re: Accessories at Animobil
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2006, 13:30:06 »
I went ahead and changed the illustration size down a bit.

Offline Sylvia

• Administrator
  • Playmo Master
    • Just For Kl!cks
« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2006, 06:29:28 »
Hi Tim! :wave:

I think this will be a very useful new feature for all collectors. It must have taken you quite some time to log all of these items! :)

I would love to see a section of feathers, but like you, I'm not quite sure if that is taking the whole idea of "animal accessories" a little too far. Leave it to you to decide. ;)

Your plan to include items with printed animal designs sounds great! I look forward to seeing those. 8-)

Keep up the good work. :)9

Offline Richard

• Retired Playmobil
  • Wargamer
  • Playmo Master
    • Garden Wargaming
« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2006, 18:50:01 »
Hello, Tim ...

When you wrote, "animal accessories" ... I thought that you were writing about "bearskin rugs" and "coonskin hats" ... :lol:

Your new section is great !!!

However, the more I think about it ... "feathers" for hats and "wolf skin" capes and "buffalo" headresses for Native American Indians might be also interesting ... ;)

Thanks for all your work and all the best,
Richard

Offline Tiermann

• Playmo Master
  • Playmosaurus friendus
    • Animobil
« Reply #4 on: June 30, 2006, 23:07:18 »
Bearskin rugs, buffalo hats, and wolf skin hats and cloaks are all already lilsted in the Not Quite Animals section. I missed the coonskin hat, and will have to get that added. Thanks for mentioning it :)

Offline Sir Gareth

• Playmo Addict
« Reply #5 on: July 02, 2006, 08:51:10 »
Great work Tim,

I thought I was going to be able to add a few things to your list but you had researched the accessories well and had already included them. :)

The 2 things I thought of were the old style Western saddle with the rifle holder on the left (set 3485) and the White horse blanket thing with the blue and yellow shield on it that has only been released in the DS set 7762.

Garry.

I'm only human, born to make mistakes.

Offline Richard

• Retired Playmobil
  • Wargamer
  • Playmo Master
    • Garden Wargaming
« Reply #6 on: July 03, 2006, 16:02:49 »
Bearskin rugs, buffalo hats, and wolf skin hats and cloaks are all already lilsted in the Not Quite Animals section. I missed the coonskin hat, and will have to get that added. Thanks for mentioning it :)

Hmmm ... I need to spend more time poking around your site , Tim... ;)

And, I'll have to see if there's anything else that you may have "missed" ... :lol:

All the best and thanks again for all the time you've put in to create a really great site for all of us,
Richard

Offline Richard

• Retired Playmobil
  • Wargamer
  • Playmo Master
    • Garden Wargaming
« Reply #7 on: July 03, 2006, 16:22:53 »
Hello, Tim ...

What about things made from animal skins ???
(they really no longer look like the animal)

For instance ... BEARSKIN hats:

Offline EDWINMODELS

• Playmo Fanatic
« Reply #8 on: July 05, 2006, 15:26:00 »
Hi Tim

very impressive I will particularly look forward to section you do on horse drawn waggons harness etc. As I am looking for some inspiration for my ACW figures.

Kind regards Craig

Offline Captain Henry

• Pirate King!
  • Playmo Lover
« Reply #9 on: July 06, 2006, 00:04:55 »
Tim,

I apologize if you've already included these on your site (I am having trouble accessing it from work) but do you have animal bones on your site? I.e. the steer head, and the ribs in the vulture set, etc.?
He who rules the seas, rules the world! And pirates rule the seas! -- Captain Henry