Author Topic: Love those Lechuzas  (Read 3331 times)

Offline Tiermann

• Playmo Master
  • Playmosaurus friendus
    • Animobil
Love those Lechuzas
« on: May 04, 2006, 04:38:23 »
Hi,
Just got a few of the new gardening sets (4481 smaller greenhouse,  4484 Flower Shop, and 4485 shrub pruner) and have to say I really love them. I have played more with them than I have with any other sets I have gotten for quite a while. What's great is all the variations you can do by mix and match with the plant and flower pieces. In particular I have started really loving the Lechuza pots. They first appeared with the Gardener special and I had an extra one and thought I wouldn't ever use it. It's open now. So below you see some interesting variations in plantings. In particular notice that the new type of pot soil piece has holes around the edge. The left pot with flowers is the way they show it set up in the Flower Shop set. You can see I have used the higher pruned shrubbery in combination with flowers for a nice planter. I have also shown a fern in a pot and the tropical plant from the Gorilla set. Now I have to get the big greenhouse set I think :) .

I also wanted to point out the change in the watering cans. The new one is two pieces and has a straight spout while the old one that came with the Special is one piece and has a sprinkler head on the spout.

Offline Little Jo

• Tool Master
  • Playmo Master
    • Little Jo's PlaymoWorld
Re: Love those Lechuzas
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2006, 20:22:51 »
Yes, the Lechuzas pots are really nice. I bought some gardener specials just because of these pots.
I wished I had them in real (but they are quite expensive in an corresponding real live size).

BTW a really nice setup of planted pots you made. They seem to have to potential for a lot of plant experiments.

Offline Captain Henry

• Pirate King!
  • Playmo Lover
« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2006, 21:03:34 »
Thanks for the info on those sets Tim! I have been staying clear of them because they simply did not appeal to me, but I may have to reconsider...
He who rules the seas, rules the world! And pirates rule the seas! -- Captain Henry

Offline hoppatussa

• Southern Belle @ heart
  • Playmo Fanatic
« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2006, 13:45:26 »
You have interested me as well now..  :P  Playmobil is getting too good with details.

Offline Sylvia

• Administrator
  • Playmo Master
    • Just For Kl!cks
« Reply #4 on: May 05, 2006, 21:01:13 »
The more I see of these sets, the more tempting they are starting to become. :o
It seems they have put a lot of thought into making the garden accessories as versatile as possible. 8-)
Thanks for the pics, Tim! :)

Offline Little Jo

• Tool Master
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #5 on: May 05, 2006, 21:07:24 »
I have wondered if the little tab is there for removing the soil from the pot or is that there to attach a water hose to to make it look like it's being watered?

Hm, I thought this tab is a little "water sensor" often found in pots not filled with earth but with plant granules (a transparent hollow plastic tube containing another (red) plastic stick which swims in the water in case the granules hold enough water -- ok, a little bit difficult explained, but I think you know what I mean)

Offline Tiermann

• Playmo Master
  • Playmosaurus friendus
    • Animobil
« Reply #6 on: May 05, 2006, 22:10:36 »
I had thought the same Jochen but I bet you could attach the hose to it as well.
Be aware the pot soil with the extra holes is in the Flower Shop set and not in the one with the shrubs. Should be available form DS though.

Offline Little Jo

• Tool Master
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #7 on: May 07, 2006, 07:09:51 »
I had thought the same Jochen but I bet you could attach the hose to it as well.

Sure, I assume too. Just was thinking about the original intention (if there is at Playmobil somthing like an "original intention" at all, "Because everthing fits to everything" ... don't know if this is translated correctly but in German there is a PM slogan from the 70s "Weil eins zum anderen passt" to which I'm often got remembered because the PM volks do such a great job on how nicely everything fits together).

Be aware the pot soil with the extra holes is in the Flower Shop set and not in the one with the shrubs. Should be available form DS though.

I think they are both available from DS. According to the German site they are

30 22 7900   EINSATZ 8,5-BLUMENTOPF (without holes from 4485 Gardener)
  30 25 2870   Einsatz 8,5/3,6-Blumen (with holes from 4484 Flower Shop)