Author Topic: Singing Klicky.  (Read 4741 times)

Offline Sir Gareth

• Playmo Addict
Singing Klicky.
« on: April 19, 2006, 14:21:50 »
I'm not sure if this has been mentioned anywhere else before but if you take a look at the box back of 3265 Jousting knights you can see a lady who looks like she is gasping or singing.

I'm almost certain that the same figure makes a few other appearances on box images like the old large castle 3450.

I'm only human, born to make mistakes.

Offline Sylvia

• Administrator
  • Playmo Master
    • Just For Kl!cks
Re: Singing Klicky.
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2006, 14:33:43 »
How funny! I have never noticed that or heard of it before. :lol:

Do you think her mouth is moulded in that shape or that the pic was retouched? If, as you think, the same figure has popped up in other photos before, it could well be that she really had a mouth shaped like that! :)

Offline Little Jo

• Tool Master
  • Playmo Master
    • Little Jo's PlaymoWorld
« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2006, 15:15:41 »
I don't think she's singing. That's an "Ohhh" about all these strong and handsome knights, fighting bravely in their shiny armors to impress their maidens  ;D
« Last Edit: April 19, 2006, 20:33:48 by Little Jo »

Offline playmofire

• Klicky Firemeister
  • Playmo Guru
    • Copt Hewick Volunteer Fire Brigade - probably the world's smallest fire brigade!
« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2006, 16:35:00 »
I think Little Jo might be right.
“Today well-lived makes every yesterday a day of happiness to remember and every tomorrow a vision of hope.”

Offline CountBogro

• desperate poet
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #4 on: April 19, 2006, 16:53:25 »
I think she's just chatting on and on and on  and on and on  and on and on  and on and on  and on and on  and on and on  and on and on  and on and on  and on and on  and on and on  and on and on and not paying any attention to the joust  :lol:

Bogro
... and then dusk came and brought despair.

Offline playmofire

• Klicky Firemeister
  • Playmo Guru
    • Copt Hewick Volunteer Fire Brigade - probably the world's smallest fire brigade!
« Reply #5 on: April 19, 2006, 17:42:00 »
I think she's just chatting on and on and on  and on and on  and on and on  and on and on  and on and on  and on and on  and on and on  and on and on  and on and on  and on and on  and on and on and not paying any attention to the joust  :lol:

Bogro
But if this were the case, all the female klickies would have that shaped mouth. ;D
“Today well-lived makes every yesterday a day of happiness to remember and every tomorrow a vision of hope.”

Offline Sylvia

• Administrator
  • Playmo Master
    • Just For Kl!cks
« Reply #6 on: April 19, 2006, 19:01:50 »
::) ;D

I think it is more likely that she is shouting encouragement to her chosen knight. She quite likely gave him a token such as a ribbon from her hair or dress to carry as a 'favour' during the tourney.  :love: ;)

Offline playmofire

• Klicky Firemeister
  • Playmo Guru
« Reply #7 on: April 19, 2006, 19:12:18 »
::) ;D

I think it is more likely that she is shouting encouragement to her chosen knight. She quite likely gave him a token such as a ribbon from her hair or dress to carry as a 'favour' during the tourney.  :love: ;)

Good old sylvia - always the romantic. :)

Offline Sir Gareth

• Playmo Addict
« Reply #8 on: April 19, 2006, 19:57:08 »
How funny! I have never noticed that or heard of it before. :lol:

Do you think her mouth is moulded in that shape or that the pic was retouched? If, as you think, the same figure has popped up in other photos before, it could well be that she really had a mouth shaped like that! :)

I think it is genuine and possibly drilled out because the eyes are brown and the mouth is black and hollow looking. I will have to look through some of my other stuff at a later date and try and spot her again.

I like to look at playmo art on boxes and find the best way is to scan them so you get a huge image and things like this are easier to spot.
I'm only human, born to make mistakes.

Offline Morgan

• Playmo Lover
« Reply #9 on: April 20, 2006, 15:15:13 »
Have we not seen her mouth before? Some time ago I think someone on this forum posted photos from really old boxes or catalogs. I believe one diorama was a ghost moving through a bedroom during night, and the lady in the bad wake up, screaming with a mouth like this....

But of course I cannot find the picture in question  :hmm: >:(