Author Topic: Hello from the Netherlands  (Read 1874 times)

Offline Rijkvv

• Playmo Pal
Hello from the Netherlands
« on: June 01, 2019, 13:48:17 »
Hi people.

After my sister already had a lot of Playmobil stuff (mostly the Victorian dollhouse series) it was a matter of time before I would get into it. At my third birthday I got the big mobile crane from the late '80s, and later got other sets as well, including this "Porsche 917/10" that I got with Sinterklaas (decades before the first licenced 911). After some years I became "too old" for Playmobil, but, just like with LEGO, I never completely lost interest.

Via Jangbricks I watched the channel of Jangmobil (they really sound familiar! Almost like if they're relatives! ;D ) and while I'm mostly interested in vintage stuff, I really fell in love with that new space station after seeing his review. In fact, over the years there have been quite a number of sets that I considered getting. As a train lover though, my ultimate dream is to get a collection of the old LGB-compatible electric trains.

As of now, I basically have nothing. All of my Playmobil from my childhood is at my parent's house, and I haven't bought anything new yet.

Cheers, Rijkvv

Online playmofire

• Klicky Firemeister
  • Playmo Guru
    • Copt Hewick Volunteer Fire Brigade - probably the world's smallest fire brigade!
Re: Hello from the Netherlands
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2019, 15:53:44 »
A warm welcome from the UK to another Playmobil train fan from the Netherlands.

Your start in Playmobil with the 3761 crane (I think this is the one you mean https://www.klickypedia.com/sets/3761-mobile-crane-truck/) couldn't have been much better, that is a classic and one I bought new before it was gone for ever.

Licensing and Playmobil is interesting.  A number of their vehicles hinted at a brand without going so far as needing a license, such as the 3904 police car.
“Today well-lived makes every yesterday a day of happiness to remember and every tomorrow a vision of hope.”

Offline GrahamB

• Playmo Master
    • Playmofanatic
« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2019, 16:59:02 »
Welcome from me, also in the UK!
At that moment the ship suddenly stopped rocking and swaying, the engine pitch settled down to a gentle hum. 'Hey Ford.' said Zaphod, 'that sounds good. Have you worked out the controls on this boat?' 'No,' said Ford, 'I just stopped fiddling with them.' (With thanks to Douglas Adams)

Offline tahra

• Playmo Guru
    • playkingdoms
« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2019, 17:23:40 »
Welcome from Portugal!

I am sure you will get your collection going - and we wanna see pics! ;)

Offline Rijkvv

• Playmo Pal
« Reply #4 on: June 03, 2019, 14:56:02 »
Thanks everybody!

Your start in Playmobil with the 3761 crane (I think this is the one you mean https://www.klickypedia.com/sets/3761-mobile-crane-truck/) couldn't have been much better, that is a classic and one I bought new before it was gone for ever.
Yes, that's the one. There are some pictures of me playing with it, the stickers yet to be added. Mine isn't exactly in mint condition anymore, whoever visited us played with it. At least the winch in front has broken off. When I was in my teens I saw a sealed copy in a nearby toy shop, but I wasn't really that much into getting it, only to get a pristine copy. Maybe worth fixing and completing though. Another childhood favourite of me was this forklift (I don't know which exact version I have), and since mine is broken beyond usage, it might be worth keeping an eye out. It's probably less expensive than the mobile crane, and it will make a nice addition to my future planned/wished train collection (I don't have the room for a permanent G-scale layout).
As for pictures: as soon as I have something worthwhile.  :)

Wow, browsing through these pages with the vintage stuff. There's only so much nostalgia a man can take!  ;D

Licensing and Playmobil is interesting.  A number of their vehicles hinted at a brand without going so far as needing a license,
I actually considered getting this truck and paint it in olive drab. To me it's pretty clear what brand and type of truck it is, and we have these trucks at my job as well, including the swap body system. In olive drab.

Offline austinf4564

• Playmo Pal
« Reply #5 on: June 04, 2019, 03:03:29 »
Hello from Illinois in the USA!  :wave:

I actually just recently bought that new Mars Space Station myself! However mine is still in the box. I thought it was so cool.

Welcome to the forum!

Offline Tiermann

• Playmo Master
  • Playmosaurus friendus
    • Animobil
« Reply #6 on: June 05, 2019, 19:15:06 »
Welcome from Oregon in the USA!

I enjoy Jang's channels very much and his review of the Mars station set was a really good one. I got it myself recently as well - it reminds me so much of the old PlaymoSpace set, but with modern twists.

Offline Hadoque

• Capitaine de la "Licorne"
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #7 on: June 15, 2019, 23:55:38 »
Welcome from Belgium (while it still lasts)  ;D

Resistance is futile, you will be boarded!