Author Topic: No More Photo Contest  (Read 9361 times)

Offline Giorginetto

• Playmo Master
  • Playmobil Aficionado
    • TheGiorginetto channel
Re: No More Photo Contest
« Reply #10 on: December 09, 2011, 10:41:31 »
I agree with Lord Karim on this and please do . I have to say i wanted many time to post pictures but given my collection and den is far from home , the times i was there i was busy with the mad emperor krull and his castle , BUT i really hope to participate and i think Karim got the right idea  ;)
:knight: Steck is Holy . Bring back more steck sets and its guardians , the Nuremberg Guards :knight:

Offline bonniebeth

• playmo zoo architect
  • Playmo Guru
    • my youtube channel
« Reply #11 on: December 09, 2011, 12:12:38 »
I'm sorry guys,  but you've lost me here. I don't understand how themes like "friendship" or "nature"are precise and technical. ??? The themes could not possibly have been more broad and open to interpretation, and usable with all themes. As for having a free theme, it never got voted in. If we had been allowed to assign themes as a team, we probably would have had a free theme every third month or so, but that was called undemocratic, so we were forced to complicate the whole process with asking for nominations and putting it to a vote. If we had just picked a theme, things would have been sooooo much simpler. But you can't please everyone, I guess. And the biggest proponents of a democratic process never participated either, so maybe that complaint should have been ignored. Oh well. Hindsight is 20/20.
My playmobil zoo: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E-0grq9acog
In the end, we will conserve only what we love. We will love only what we understand. We will understand only what we are taught.

Offline Keesinho

• Playmo Fanatic
  • The Pale Rider
« Reply #12 on: December 09, 2011, 19:31:22 »
I'm sorry guys,  but you've lost me here. I don't understand how themes like "friendship" or "nature"are precise and technical. ??? The themes could not possibly have been more broad and open to interpretation, and usable with all themes. As for having a free theme, it never got voted in. If we had been allowed to assign themes as a team, we probably would have had a free theme every third month or so, but that was called undemocratic, so we were forced to complicate the whole process with asking for nominations and putting it to a vote. If we had just picked a theme, things would have been sooooo much simpler. But you can't please everyone, I guess. And the biggest proponents of a democratic process never participated either, so maybe that complaint should have been ignored. Oh well. Hindsight is 20/20.

Democracy is a killer for things like this ;) Someone needs to set rules and people will follow. I hope to see another rebirth of the contest, but its all up to the site owner I guess :)

Offline bonniebeth

• playmo zoo architect
  • Playmo Guru
    • my youtube channel
« Reply #13 on: December 09, 2011, 20:14:16 »
I like the way you think. ;)
In the end, we will conserve only what we love. We will love only what we understand. We will understand only what we are taught.

Offline Rasputin

• The Mad Monk
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #14 on: December 09, 2011, 21:10:50 »
Even though it has lost steam I really want to thank bb and Crew for taking so much personal time to organize the event.

Thank You  :pop:

If you hear the sound of the bell which will tell you that Grigori has been killed, if it was your relations who have wrought my death, then no one in the family will remain alive. They will be killed by the Russian people. :prays:

Offline Lynx

• PlaymoChess
  • Playmo Addict
  • The Story Of Randolph * PlaymoChess
« Reply #15 on: December 29, 2011, 15:14:23 »
Could it be that a monthly contest was too much? I can imagine that when it is two times a year, people have more time and work to that  'special moment' of the contest. More exlusive and more time... just a suggestion
RANDOLPH, a comic with Playmobil! Click for part: [1] [2] [3]

Offline conniefrere

• Playmo Master
« Reply #16 on: December 29, 2011, 18:36:55 »
Could it be that a monthly contest was too much? I can imagine that when it is two times a year, people have more time and work to that  'special moment' of the contest. More exlusive and more time... just a suggestion

I was thinking the same thing the other day. I do believe the contest might work if it's only twice a year.
And with some simple rules, or less rules. Pictures with playmobil, decent ones and every member is allowed to sent in a couple and they get posted in a poll and it's voting time.

:playmo: :egypt: :roman: :builder: :playmo:

Offline bonniebeth

• playmo zoo architect
  • Playmo Guru
    • my youtube channel
« Reply #17 on: December 29, 2011, 18:45:00 »

And with some simple rules, or less rules. Pictures with playmobil, decent ones and every member is allowed to sent in a couple and they get posted in a poll and it's voting time.

That was all the rules we had with the monthly contest anyway! The complications were due to the fact that each month's theme had to be chosen "democratically" because some members insisted it was wrong for those organizing the contest to assign a theme, it should be voted on. So there had to be a poll to choose the theme, and a poll to vote for your favorite picture, and it got confusing. ANd even so, people complained about the themes being complicated, when the themes were VOTED in.

Maybe some day we'll try it again. But we got pretty fed up, and I don't think we're in the mood just yet. ;)

Offline conniefrere

• Playmo Master
« Reply #18 on: December 29, 2011, 18:50:39 »
That was all the rules we had with the monthly contest anyway! The complications were due to the fact that each month's theme had to be chosen "democratically" because some members insisted it was wrong for those organizing the contest to assign a theme, it should be voted on. So there had to be a poll to choose the theme, and a poll to vote for your favorite picture, and it got confusing. ANd even so, people complained about the themes being complicated, when the themes were VOTED in.

Yeah your right there, it gets frustrating.

Maybe some day we'll try it again. But we got pretty fed up, and I don't think we're in the mood just yet. ;)

We will wait and in the meantime post pics in the forum anyway, without a contest! :)
:playmo: :egypt: :roman: :builder: :playmo:

Offline bonniebeth

• playmo zoo architect
  • Playmo Guru
    • my youtube channel
« Reply #19 on: December 29, 2011, 18:54:28 »
That's the spirit! Maybe if we can see enough people using the photography and graphics section to post artistic or humorous pics without the incentive of a contest, we can get back in the mood to try again some day. I have a series of funny pictures planned I've been meaning to shoot, so perhaps I should work on this.