Author Topic: No More Photo Contest  (Read 9365 times)

Offline bonniebeth

• playmo zoo architect
  • Playmo Guru
    • my youtube channel
No More Photo Contest
« on: December 05, 2011, 21:11:48 »
We regret to announce that we will no longer be holding a monthly photo contest here at Playmofriends. The organizers of this contest have worked very hard to keep it up and running, but without entries, there can be no contest. We recently spent a great deal of time totally re-working the contest to try to make it more user-friendly, after listening to feedback from the members. And yet we had not enough entries this month. At this point, we are quite disappointed, and feel there is no point in continuing to waste our time trying to make it work, when few people have any interest to participate.

Thanks to those of you who have participated with beautiful, highly creative entries. They are very much appreciated!

Mod Team
« Last Edit: December 06, 2011, 10:36:54 by tonguello »
My playmobil zoo: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E-0grq9acog
In the end, we will conserve only what we love. We will love only what we understand. We will understand only what we are taught.

Offline Rhalius

• Playmo Master
Re: No More Photo Contest
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2011, 23:18:43 »
A shame to see it go, last time I did send in an entry but it didnt show in the list, so I am guessing it got lost in the mail, picture didnt show properly or something so thats why I didnt send one in this time, I figured it wouldnt reach its destination again.

Maybe its an idea to have themed topics though, where anyone can post their pictures of that topic without any contest attached to it?

Offline bonniebeth

• playmo zoo architect
  • Playmo Guru
    • my youtube channel
« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2011, 00:43:07 »
Hm, we never did get an email from you, are you sure you sent it to the right address?

We did have a picture share some time ago, with no contest, and there wasn't much participation. I suppose it could be tried again in the future.
My playmobil zoo: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E-0grq9acog
In the end, we will conserve only what we love. We will love only what we understand. We will understand only what we are taught.

Offline rms008

• Playmo Addict
« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2011, 00:45:05 »
didnt post anything cos am busy with house reconstruction so havent got time  and every thing is  packed away right now. but i always was of the idea for the contest tp be held  once every 3 to 4 months. but dont want to open  any more discussion about this i know how hard you all worked on it and really appreciate your work but am sorry  it wont be held any more :(
ryan :blackhair:

Offline skypurr

• Crafty Klicky
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #4 on: December 08, 2011, 00:46:12 »
That is such a shame Bonnie, it was great fun and I loved to see everyone's entries.
I feel terrible  because I haven't entered for the last couple of times because I've been so busy.  :-[
Perhaps like Rhalius suggested maybe there could be a section with a theme for a month running from the beginning of the month to the end and then changing to another theme for the next month, where anyone could post a picture that fits with that theme if they want to, but without the contest bit.
There were some good ideas for themes and it seems a shame to waste those ideas.
Just a thought...
Also, thank you to all those who worked so hard on the photocontest idea.  :thanks:

Elaine
          A house is not a home without a cat (or two).

Offline cardensb

• Playmo Fanatic
  • Custom Blackbeard
« Reply #5 on: December 08, 2011, 03:17:41 »
first I knew of a contest.  Too bad.
Shawn
Fayetteville, NC, USA

Offline Rhalius

• Playmo Master
« Reply #6 on: December 08, 2011, 08:36:39 »
Might have been the wrong adress then, this was my entry for the contest color though, titled Red Dread Pirates. 

Here we have Jake Redwood, Bill Scarlet, Red Wilkins and Bob.

Offline Keesinho

• Playmo Fanatic
  • The Pale Rider
« Reply #7 on: December 08, 2011, 09:12:25 »
That really is a shame, I was looking forward to participating in this...

Offline conniefrere

• Playmo Master
« Reply #8 on: December 08, 2011, 15:35:06 »
It's a pitty, but I think this time a year a lot of people are quite busy.
:playmo: :egypt: :roman: :builder: :playmo:

Offline playmovictorian

• Playmo Master
  • Happy Little Victorians
    • Playmovictorian
« Reply #9 on: December 09, 2011, 02:25:06 »
Good morning dear Friends  :wave:

From my experience of participating to photographic contests on forums such as Playclicks.com or Tricornejock.com, I would say that keeping the monthly theme free is the best way to encourage a maximum of people to participate  :camera:

I will be very honest with you and I hope that you will take this as a constructive comment, but I found the photographic contest on PF somewhat complicated in its very precise / technical monthly themes which resulted in me never being able to participate unfortunately and I bitterly regret it now  :sorrow:

Please do give it a chance with a simple photographic contest announced on the 1st of each month with a free theme for the major part of the year and only special themes for holidays such as Christmas, Halloween and maybe the Summer Holidays  :)

The concept has worked for years on other forums so please do not give up at such a special time   :prays:

The story telling section is filled with fabulously creative and beautiful pictures and PF has so many talented members that the photographic contest must be given a second chance please.

Just like most of us, I have a very hectic professional schedule, but I would be happy to help should you wish me to  :)

Your Friend Karim :)
La, tout n'est qu'ordre et beaute, luxe, calme et volupte. L'Invitation au Voyage. Charles Baudelaire.1857.