Author Topic: no trains this year....  (Read 3584 times)

Offline Rasputin

• The Mad Monk
  • Playmo Master
Re: no trains this year....
« Reply #10 on: March 21, 2011, 16:21:28 »
I am starting to hate this topic  :hissyfit:
If you hear the sound of the bell which will tell you that Grigori has been killed, if it was your relations who have wrought my death, then no one in the family will remain alive. They will be killed by the Russian people. :prays:

Offline playmofire

• Klicky Firemeister
  • Playmo Guru
    • Copt Hewick Volunteer Fire Brigade - probably the world's smallest fire brigade!
« Reply #11 on: March 21, 2011, 18:17:48 »
I understand that there is an issue with the computer chips.
“Today well-lived makes every yesterday a day of happiness to remember and every tomorrow a vision of hope.”

Offline Alison01326

• formerly known as "Bad Mum!"
  • Playmo Lover
« Reply #12 on: March 21, 2011, 18:27:39 »
Whilst we would love a Playmobil train set, the size (gauge) puts us off.

At the moment Isaac has an extensive wooden train set, which started off with a duplicated Christmas present when he was two (two aunties who obviously hadn't spoken to each other) that has been built up over three years with bits off EBay. He will, no doubt, like a lot of British children, probably graduate to 00 guage Hornby if he wants to (as it's something that both my husband and I would enjoy).

I can't speak for Europe or the rest of the world, but most British children are train mad, at least for a time (indeed it's not just the children, although more often it's the old steam trains which have the most appeal). I don't know of any of Isaac's friends, or any of the older children we know, who don't have, or have had some sort of train set, but sadly I know of none who had or have any Playmobil trains.

I'm very sad to see that the Playmobil trains may be disappearing  :(

We use the train fairly regularly, as the price of fuel, and also the cost of parking, here has made rail travel appealing again (from a cost point of view). As an aside, it costs £5 in diesel for a return journey to my Dad's, whereas it costs £3.50 on the train  (that's for me and Isaac - if there were the three of us, we would drive). We live about 15 minutes' walk from our station and Dad is about 10 minutes' walk from his.

I can't imagine what it must be like never to have been on a passenger train, Bonnie.

Offline PrimusPilus

• Playmo Addict
  • Aut caesar, aut nihil!
« Reply #13 on: March 21, 2011, 19:19:45 »
Trains rock my shorts, however the PM train set is (and always was) expensive and I have the impression Geobra never cared much for the theme.
Cheers!
Luciano

Offline tomegood87

• Playmo Fanatic
« Reply #14 on: March 21, 2011, 21:43:02 »
If they do relaunch lets hope its not some junk made in China.

Offline Rasputin

• The Mad Monk
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #15 on: March 21, 2011, 21:58:52 »
If they do relaunch lets hope its not some junk made in China.

This is not very likely seeing as Geobra is trying to capitalize on the fact that 99% of their products are made safely in Europe
If you hear the sound of the bell which will tell you that Grigori has been killed, if it was your relations who have wrought my death, then no one in the family will remain alive. They will be killed by the Russian people. :prays:

Offline bonniebeth

• playmo zoo architect
  • Playmo Guru
    • my youtube channel
« Reply #16 on: March 21, 2011, 23:17:23 »
I can't imagine what it must be like never to have been on a passenger train, Bonnie.

Well, I guess I don't know what I'm missing.  :P I hear it's a great way to travel distance, much better than flying. I should try it sometime since I hate flying. I usually drive; I LOVE roadtrips.

Kids here used to be mad about trains, even though we didn't have many real ones then either. My older brother was absolutely obsessed with trains as a kid. But it just doesn't seem like they're a big thing here anymore. They're kind of the stereotypical thing to have under a Christmas tree, but most people don't really have one, and you don't even see them in stores all that much. They're around, but they're not a huge thing anymore. I've always thought it would be cool to have the western train, but it doesn't even make the priority list yet. If they ever bring it back, though, I'll get it.
My playmobil zoo: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E-0grq9acog
In the end, we will conserve only what we love. We will love only what we understand. We will understand only what we are taught.

Offline zugpferdchen

• Playmo Lover
« Reply #17 on: March 21, 2011, 23:57:42 »
I understand that there is an issue with the computer chips.
I think this is not the problem, cause in Playmobil locos aren't any computer chips.

In the train selection of klickywelt someone made a poll:

How do you see the future of the Playmobil train(s)?

• It's over. No new train sets will come in future. 39% (15)

• At least 2012 new articles come regularly to market (or old ones reissued). 24% (9)

• Only special sets will come for Vedes, Toys'r'us,... at christmas. 32% (12)

• Other... (please specify) 5% (2)

Thesis:
Other train companies also have problems (Märklin, LGB, Roco, Fleischmann,...) to sell enough.

It is strange, that Lego has a train program with more and more new trains and they aren't cheap too.

Piko is the new gauge-G-star (in Germany): cheap and demanded models.
« Last Edit: March 22, 2011, 18:06:50 by zugpferdchen »

Offline playmo1989

• Playmo Master
« Reply #18 on: March 23, 2011, 15:53:37 »
Well I would, so it is being able to reach the right customer at the right time,

i remember it as yesterday ...  it was on a top shelf but the box was in a very bad condition i guess that was the reason no one bought it ,i found many great stuff in that store back then

ahh welcome to the internet  :yippee:

i haven't been missing ..  :hmm: :hmm:
The spirits rule !!!!

Offline playmo1989

• Playmo Master
« Reply #19 on: March 23, 2011, 15:58:47 »
I have the impression Geobra never cared much for the theme.

why you say that? :hmm: :hmm:  trains were always on the playmo katalogs from 1980.... almost 30 years
The spirits rule !!!!