General > Brainstorming For Playmobil

How to Get Ideas to Playmobil?

<< < (2/3) > >>

Tiermann:
Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery. I have had very good relations with the company in the old days when HOB was still around. Everyone I met at the company back then is gone now. While it would be nice to be recognized, they don't have a system like Lego where fans can submit directly and they can develop and make money off their ideas. Just another way Lego is doing a better job than Playmobil these days.

Janilew:

--- Quote from: Tiermann on October 23, 2021, 21:12:24 ---Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery. I have had very good relations with the company in the old days when HOB was still around. Everyone I met at the company back then is gone now. While it would be nice to be recognized, they don't have a system like Lego where fans can submit directly and they can develop and make money off their ideas. Just another way Lego is doing a better job than Playmobil these days.

--- End quote ---

Siiiiigh. You know, if they want to have business like Lego so bad why not adopt basic concepts like they do? I believe it was the folks of AmClicks who had a suggestion for the option of building your own klickies like Lego has for the brickheads. Or maybe re-release more vintage sets that are still very popular like the Victorian mansion or the glorious Steck system castles? Lego was wise to not ignore its adult fans (much) as they may equal future business by introducing their children to the brand (like we collectors already do!). They even have Lego Ideas, allowing very dedicated fans to bring new sets to life! While Playmobil is doing licensing for vintage series to appeal to adults, I fear it's still too shallow to gain much traction. Especially since they're mostly car-based.

Funny....I miss the old days despite not even being born then.  :'( Klickywelt dwellers are just as upset and even considered straight up making their own products. If it were at all possible, I'd certainly be among them! (Rant over.... :-[)

tahra:

--- Quote from: Janilew on October 23, 2021, 21:31:40 ---While Playmobil is doing licensing for vintage series to appeal to adults, I fear it's still too shallow to gain much traction. Especially since they're mostly car-based.

--- End quote ---

No, playmobil is appealing to OTHER collectors. You know, Star Trek, ghostbusters, 007.... Which is great, yes. But.. They seem to totally ignore the fact that there are actual PLAYMOBIL collectors...

Macruran:

--- Quote from: tahra on October 24, 2021, 17:37:55 ---They seem to totally ignore the fact that there are actual PLAYMOBIL collectors...

--- End quote ---

This hits at the heart of the matter: the current leadership seem unaware that Playmobil itself is of unique significance and value.  :2c:

Rasputin:
You all know we are the red headed step child in Geobra’s eyes

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version