General > Collector's Corner

How do you organise your Playmobil?

<< < (2/5) > >>

Bolingbroke:
I think one should only keep a set together as a set only if it means something special to him or her. For the rest, mix and match, which is half the fun. I mean, I see people on IG and here coming up with great customs and geat dioramas, and it wouldn’t be possible if you kept going exclusively by ‘set’ …

Adam16bit:
A lot of my stuff is currently on shelves, but even more are stored in their boxes (in other boxes).  Smaller sets (Specials, mystery figures with no playset home, etc.) I've managed to keep together by using Fishing Tackle boxes - the old Plano 3700 and Flambeau 5007 are both excellent for action figure (and therefore Playmobil) storage with adjustable compartment sizes and clear construction so you can see your various clowns and ghosts and things that may not always be on display.

One thing I've been wanting - that is impractical - is a parking structure of some sort.   Not a huge one - maybe a stackable thing with capacity for 6ish cars per level - for Playmobil and/or my Transformers.  It'll be perfect for the Seinfeld theme we'll never get, and also the many licensed cars and vans we're getting these days.

I also picked up what I believe is a clear lipstick point-of-sale display rack which I need to mount somewhere eventually.  It's sized perfectly for Playmobil figures.

tahra:
My main issue is - WHERE do I put the stuff full of playmo?

Large boxes, small boxes, medium boxes, huge boxes, icecream boxes, ferrero boxes, zippers, containers, drawers, whatever. Plus the splatted playmoboxes, instructions, cats, ships, planes, system WHY stuff, et.. WHERE?

GrahamB:
When I first became interested in PM it was when I was sorting my children's collection into sets. This has become an obsession for me now. I have to have a complete set for all the things I am interested in. Few of these are in original boxes. I store sets in themes, largely. If I want to find a specific part, I usually have to use PlaymoDB to find which set it is in. I often have a struggle then to find the set! Some sets have to share parts with other sets in order to be considered 'complete' but I often buy a duplicate part to prevent this.

I have all the Specials, most of the Special Plus and Playmofriends sets, all Caparisons, all Fi?ures, all Hoop skirts, most of the Exclusive figures, nearly all the Fairies and all the fixed-wrist Singleklicky sets on display in cabinets, but I am running out of wall space and will struggle to accommodate the Series 20 Fi?ures when I get them!

I also have quite a massive amount of spare parts which duplicate what I already have stored in sets, or which belong to sets or themes I don't collect. These are sorted in flat compartment trays by theme (weapons, crockery, plants, hats, hats, more hats and yet more hats, etc.), with larger parts and klickies in IKEA tray units. Very useful for creating scenes without hunting through all the sorted sets...

But I guess everyone's way of sorting and arranging will be different, as others have said!

tahra:

--- Quote from: GrahamB on August 10, 2021, 15:29:32 ---I have all the Specials, most of the Special Plus and Playmofriends sets, all Caparisons, all Fi?ures, all Hoop skirts, most of the Exclusive figures, nearly all the Fairies and all the fixed-wrist Singleklicky sets on display in cabinets, but I am running out of wall space and will struggle to accommodate the Series 20 Fi?ures when I get them!

--- End quote ---

:picsplz:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version