General > News

Playmobil Canada's crazy price increases

<< < (2/3) > >>

doug:
Blue,  I have not noticed the US site's prices fluctuating,  but the branded themes you cited already had ridiculously high prices here.  Maybe branding is giving the retailer an excuse to pump up prices.  I DO understand that, say,  Mr Spock and Scooby Doo cost more because of licensing fees.  I do NOT understand how that applies to Novelmore and Ayuma, which AFAIK are internal brands.

US site's  Ayauma 70802 has been (I think consistently) $16.  ...for a klicky and a bird.  Compare that to 70878, for which $6 gets you a klicky and a panther.  Maybe those  spindly teen bodies are harder to produce.... Maybe the Ayuma paint aps are more detailed...  but from my point of view, we are up-charged, quite a bit, for the Ayuma name.

Or take the BEAUTIFUL 9893 3-viking set, which is $8 here, and use Pynedor's price-per-klicky to compare to the 70672 Novelmore 3-pack of soldiers, which is $12.   I do not know what the extra 50% is for, except for a blister pack and eye strain.

Have you noticed the un-branded items fluctuating on the Canadian site too?  If it is just the branded items, I am sorry to hear that your Ayuma tax has gone up.  :/

Rasputin:
US prices are increasing but on seemingly random items . It’s not across the board but here and there

Prices will continue to go up  ::)

That’s what you get when you voluntarily raise oil prices 

Absolutely predictable  8}

Redmao:
I noticed that both the James Bond and A Team sets have gone up $15.

BlueWizard:

--- Quote from: doug on July 04, 2022, 15:40:27 ---Have you noticed the un-branded items fluctuating on the Canadian site too?  If it is just the branded items, I am sorry to hear that your Ayuma tax has gone up.  :/

--- End quote ---
Yes there definitely is an Ayuma tax here (plus the Canada tax - for not being a major market, I presume!). Even the Novelmore prices weren't too bad until very recently. While the Ayuma sets were going up every few months, the Novelmore sets remained stable. But now (for example) set 70749 (the flying wizard) which was C$17 since it was released (last year?) has risen to C$20 this month (about 18% increase). I haven't really been checking on the branded sets' prices as I haven't been too interested in any yet - or they are way beyond what I will spend on Playmobil... Star Trek Enterprise is C$700.  I don't know if the Asterix sets are premium priced but at least they look to be available in Canada soon!

David

playmovictorian:
I am sorry to see that everything is getting more expensive across the board, including Playmobil  :(

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version