General > Playmo Research Dept.

Grab your deerstalker hats and magnifying glasses - the game is afoot!

(1/3) > >>

Indianna:
It seemed like a good idea to start posting "Research" here in our new Playmo Research Dept.  :love:, so I'm quoting Heather's recent post from the "Direct Service" board to get things going:

--- Quote from: sbblabotw on March 25, 2019, 12:57:45 ---. . . I only was able to find out for sure that the 5404 parts WERE stickered and not printed, a little while ago, but couldn't get any more info. Do those Victorian boxes have hangtabs, or are they plain? If you happen to have the dimensions I'll get them from you later.

As for the thread: The original request has long been subsumed, although by very useful and interesting stuff (to those with high nerd-meter readings). If a mod wanted to split this into the Research folder that'd be fine.
--- End quote ---

I'm glad the sticker info was useful!  :)  In answer to your question, Heather, the boxes for both 5503 and 5404 have hangtabs, but I still can't find a set box code on 5503.  I'll attach a photo of the box edge where I thought the code should appear.  I'll collect some dimensions and let you know.

--- Quote from: sbblabotw on March 25, 2019, 12:57:45 ---Still looking for plans for the following. 9522 - Pirates Playset has been submitted, but since then I've turned up 70219 - PLAYMOBIL-FunPark Aufklapp-Ferienhaus and 9518 - Firefighting Operation in the Forest (a combo of 5616 - Fire Terrain Truck and 5617 - Forest fire helicopter).

Instructions needed, 2019-03-25 THANKS EVERYONE!

--- End quote ---

GrahamB:
Is the barcode any use, Heather.
Looking at your photo, Indianna, is there a number on the end tab of the box, impressed rather than printed? Or is that a trick of the light?

sbblabotw:

--- Quote from: GrahamB on March 26, 2019, 17:24:14 ---Is the barcode any use, Heather.

--- End quote ---

I haven't been keeping barcodes, but if data appears I will definitely make it available - as a trial I just scanned an old box and put the result into Google, and, well, the set showed up. Just the 13 digits, no spaces, will do - let's keep it associated with the box, because I'm sure there will be more than one per set.

sbblabotw:
End-flap is worth a check - see photos attached of a 5501 I own. (It's Spanish, so part numbers are five digits starting with 5. Go figure.) That spot on the 5503 is definitely where a box-number should be, but I agree it ain't there.

Indianna:
Funny you should mention that - I just tried softening the glue and peeling the one un-opened end of the 5503.  I got most of the code, but the last digit may have been lost:  "FS 102  30 09 04" is what can be seen.  The remaining numbers were pulled up onto the other flap.  By using a strong light, I was able to read them (backwards) - I think they are 720/01. 

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version