General > News

Playmobil in the News

<< < (345/434) > >>

Eplay:
It is a nice concept, but they should have stuck to 2 skintones in each set, with the outfits having 3 different base colours eg dark blue for both police officers, beige or red for the fire fighter and civilian and make the nurse a doctor with a white torso so you can interchange the doctor and ambulance worker.
Right now there really isn’t room to make nice looking figures except for how they have designed it.

Pynedor:

--- Quote from: tahra on September 02, 2022, 08:38:43 ---
--- Quote from: GrahamB on September 02, 2022, 07:53:59 ---Interesting?
I wonder what this set will retail for- I'm guessing £24.99 (€28.99, $28.99US). What does anyone else think?

--- End quote ---

That was the price mentioned, I think - about 30 eur. WAY too expensive, imo. I mean, we didn't want those big system WHY things the first time around...

--- End quote ---

That sounds about right, but I agree that it would be a bit expensive for what seems to be included.

--- Quote from: tahra on September 02, 2022, 08:38:43 ---There are a couple of interesting parts there, I think (especially in the pirates one?). But not enough to buy the sets, especially with the large (uninteresting) things - for us, I mean. Each their own, right?  :P

--- End quote ---

The Pirate one (Set 70979) and the Princess/Fairy one (Set 70981) definitely have some nice parts, but they all seem a bit light on figure accessories. Even the normal Mystery Fi?ures usually have more items per figure.

--- Quote from: Eplay on September 02, 2022, 09:14:59 ---Right now there really isn’t room to make nice looking figures except for how they have designed it.

--- End quote ---

That does seem to be the case, especially with the limited arm choices.

GrahamB:
You guys have obviously seen this set already -and the other 3 similar ones- which is not surprising as they are due out next month. They must have passed me by until now  :-[ . Thank goodness for this thread by Jim! :wave:

I agree with the comments you all made too; it could have been a great idea, had there been more scope for making a range of figures, instead of a narrow almost pre-destined range.

JLMatterer:

JLMatterer:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version