General > Report & Review

5134 Adventure Island or Pirate Island

(1/8) > >>

Wolf Knight:
Hi all!!! I must say, I am very impressed with this latest set!!! Apart from a lot of quality play time, it offers a game within the game, the keep the interest going... but first things first...

The box is the same dimentions of a 5300 box, or a 3019 fairytale palace, but not nearly as heavy as any of them... surely because the pieces are fewer, but its also my bservation due to the new plastic composition that makes the parts lighter...

The pirate theme poster is not missing from the contents!!!

Wolf Knight:
Moving on to a first view inside the box...  ;D

Oh my!!! Lots of goodies!!!!  :D

Biggest parts are on the table...

...smaller parts, klickies and accessories in the carton tub...

...there are more pieces of flaura but did not take a pic of it ... What I did take a pic of specifically...some people will love this  ;D ... are the following treasure pieces....

Yes ladies and gents! we have a new shade of gold  :lol: :lol: :lol: the all new very shiny shiny shiny sort of gold shade  :lol: :lol: ... some coins in some sets already have that shade, but we never had this colour on bigger items before...

Wolf Knight:
So, lets start putting the island together....

...and I must do it quickly because my supervisor is getting anxious to overlook the procedure...

...and investigate structural integrity  :lol: :lol: :lol:

Wolf Knight:
First there is a place that contains the mechanism with which the treasure game is played...

...you need four AA batteries for it, not included in the set, and start building on the rock formation...

As you can see, some parts are slidding into place... sliding is the new trend is playmobil construction principle...

But, clip on also is used in the set, it could not be otherwise... the module is clipped beneath a larger rock plate...

...and then, the rock formation that needs to be placed on that plate must be put together...

...it consists of two parts, a cave-like rock formation part and a flame pattern module...

...which is connected to the first module via a cable...

...and the cave-like formation is placed on the rock plate...

What you finally have, is this small mountain-like sight...

Wolf Knight:
There are three more big pieces that need to be set on place for the island to be complete:

a small, green part with a pit

another clip on rock, leading to the symbol cave, having a stair mechanism...

and finally the big sand-plate... notice the teeth and point of insertion on the plate...

The design is made thus to allow dismantling quicker and easier! But I'd not pick up all the island up at once... since structural integrity is maintained by those teeth and insertion points, the strain applied to each point for keeping it all in place must be quite big, especially since the island looks like it's gonna cave in from the strain...

You finally have your island!!!

But wait! there is more  ;D

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version