Author Topic: Albert Durer's belt  (Read 5445 times)

Offline Hadoque

• Capitaine de la "Licorne"
  • Playmo Master
Re: Albert Durer's belt
« Reply #10 on: October 15, 2016, 19:48:51 »
Yeah, I just checked mine. It's definitely not quite white, though that might not be noticeable on a figure wearing dark colors.

I checked some of my Dürers too (at evening) and the Dürer´s belt looks white to me, perhaps it is  a light-cream colour though (in daylight) ...
The African Tribal figure´s belt is the same colour as the Dürer´s one if I remember correctly.

Resistance is futile, you will be boarded!

Offline cheng

• Playmo Master
« Reply #11 on: October 16, 2016, 01:42:33 »
I checked some of my Dürers too (at evening) and the Dürer´s belt looks white to me, perhaps it is  a light-cream colour though (in daylight) ...
The African Tribal figure´s belt is the same colour as the Dürer´s one if I remember correctly.

hey, I'm happy to hear this Hadoque, thanks!
....if it can pass as white to us veteran playmo collectors, I'll like to accept its white and my looong wait finally ends
....and Macruran, your photo will be the final proof.
and Ismene can be our judge too   ;)

Offline Macruran

• desperate but not serious
  • Playmo Master
  • Hiya!
    • my incomplete collection spreadsheet
« Reply #12 on: October 16, 2016, 04:57:50 »
Gather round for the story of three Playmofriends who came from different parts of the world to compare belts!

Albrecht, Vibius, and Mwungunembe came together on a reflective surface beneath a Douglas fir. "I like your beard, Vibius," said Albrecht. Mwungunembe conducted a quick ritual to ward off bad spirits. Vibius's tummy grumbled.

"We all seem to be wearing the same belt. Do you two shop at the Kaufhof too? Let's show off our nice belts!"

With his artist's eye for colour, Albrecht noted a discrepancy. "Vibius, your belt seems to be a different shade. Let's take a closer look!" Vibius seemed dazed but co-operative. Mwungunembe consulted his ancestors.

"Let's lie on our backs and take a really close look."

"Mwungunembe, hold still and let me fix your face makeup," said Albrecht. Mwungunembe looked askance at Albrecht. Vibius asked what time dinner would be.

--------------

Albrecht's belt appears brighter than Mwungunembe's, but that's due to his lighter clothing and my ultracheap camera. I am looking at them right now with my eyes (and I just passed an eye exam today so I can see o.k.) and I can state with 100% confidence that Al's and Mwung's belts are exactly the same shade of white. It's slightly off-white, so against white paper it looks cream-coloured. Vib's is definitely a different shade, a grey.

PS Albrecht's beard is tight, Vibius's is loose and kept falling down below his mouth.  >:(
"We like things in little." - G. Stein  
 :roman:

Offline cheng

• Playmo Master
« Reply #13 on: October 16, 2016, 08:53:54 »
Hooo! funny too.....I forgot we have to have the kids' interest in mind, always ;D

....I never knew Mwungu-what (sounds Korean too :lol:) has face paint...is it unique for him only?

and that neck-thingy under his mask's goatie, same as that used for medievals?

and thanks for the final confirmation, I end my wait for Mwungu's 'white' belt  :love:

Offline Macruran

• Playmo Master
  • Hiya!
« Reply #14 on: October 16, 2016, 16:05:38 »
....I never knew Mwungu-what (sounds Korean too :lol:) has face paint...is it unique for him only?

I think so, I don't remember seeing it on any others. The tribesmen in 7460 have different facepaint. It's possible that the witch doctor in 7276/3097/3040 has it but I don't have any of those sets.

and that neck-thingy under his mask's goatie, same as that used for medievals?

I can't confirm this as I don't have any medievals with that neckpiece. Can anyone help?

Offline cheng

• Playmo Master
« Reply #15 on: October 16, 2016, 17:20:19 »
I can't confirm this as I don't have any medievals with that neckpiece. Can anyone help?

looks like those "Collar, pleated drape"(as Heather calls them) I bought years back.....now looking at the picture in Playmodb, I do see the 'pleats'

(as for the heads, we might have to wait for our expert 'headhunters' who would have recorded all of these dark skinned heads)

Offline cheng

• Playmo Master
« Reply #16 on: October 16, 2016, 17:33:47 »
oh, not just Medieval, but Victorian too.....hey, aren't these 'historic' parts very versatile for such diverse cultures? ...if it's red or something,I can even use it as those under-the-chin guards for samurai(s)
« Last Edit: October 16, 2016, 17:40:16 by cheng »

Offline Macruran

• Playmo Master
  • Hiya!
« Reply #17 on: October 16, 2016, 17:51:55 »
oh, not just Medieval, but Victorian too.....hey, aren't these 'historic' parts very versatile for such diverse cultures?

Haha yes! If that Victorian lady knew she was wearing the same thing as a Zulu chieftain, she might get the vapors!

Offline Ismene

• Playmo Master
« Reply #18 on: October 17, 2016, 07:53:29 »
Haha yes! If that Victorian lady knew she was wearing the same thing as a Zulu chieftain, she might get the vapors!
She's a retired anthropologist and brought it back from one of her trips to Africa.

hey, I'm happy to hear this Hadoque, thanks!
....if it can pass as white to us veteran playmo collectors, I'll like to accept its white and my looong wait finally ends
....and Macruran, your photo will be the final proof.
and Ismene can be our judge too   ;)
To be fair, I compared mine to white plastic using a daylight bulb. And also: http://www.asu.edu/news/research/womencolors_090104.htm
Under normal lighting with no white in proximity, it could plausibly pass as white, even though it most definitely isn't white.  ;)

Offline cheng

• Playmo Master
« Reply #19 on: October 17, 2016, 08:40:23 »

To be fair, I compared mine to white plastic using a daylight bulb. And also: http://www.asu.edu/news/research/womencolors_090104.htm
Under normal lighting with no white in proximity, it could plausibly pass as white, even though it most definitely isn't white.  ;)

:lol:
and I'm perfectly happy to accept this chromosome-thingy which is getting too complex 8}
but you should compare it to another white playmo part, assuming they use the same color pellets.....afterall there's so many variants of white in any paint chart ;D