Author Topic: Snow  (Read 4656 times)

Offline Tiermann

• Playmo Master
  • Playmosaurus friendus
    • Animobil
Snow
« on: January 14, 2007, 02:15:46 »
We have had some snow here this week, much more than is typical.
So of course some of my Playmo insisted on going outside.

Offline Tiermann

• Playmo Master
  • Playmosaurus friendus
    • Animobil
Re: Snow
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2007, 02:16:06 »

Offline Tiermann

• Playmo Master
  • Playmosaurus friendus
    • Animobil
« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2007, 02:16:19 »

Offline Tiermann

• Playmo Master
  • Playmosaurus friendus
    • Animobil
« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2007, 02:17:06 »

I had a lot of fun. It has started to melt now but maybe I will get outside with them one more time before it's all gone.

Offline playmofire

• Klicky Firemeister
  • Playmo Guru
    • Copt Hewick Volunteer Fire Brigade - probably the world's smallest fire brigade!
« Reply #4 on: January 14, 2007, 03:36:43 »
Nice photos, Tim, they really look the part.  The penguins are clearly having fun, as are the Eskimo, while in the close-up the polar bear looks very satisfied with the state of things.

No chance of snow here - 11C-13C last few days and this is meant to be winter!  Lots of rain though and flooding and strong (up to 70mph) winds.
“Today well-lived makes every yesterday a day of happiness to remember and every tomorrow a vision of hope.”

Offline Tiermann

• Playmo Master
  • Playmosaurus friendus
    • Animobil
« Reply #5 on: January 14, 2007, 05:52:26 »
We've had quite a bit of rain and wind here this season also. It started freezing here on the 10th and we had snow overnight of about 3 inches here. It's stayed under freezing since except for a few hours in the middle of the day, so there is still snow on the ground. Supposed to start slowly warming over the next week with no more snow.

Offline playmofire

• Klicky Firemeister
  • Playmo Guru
    • Copt Hewick Volunteer Fire Brigade - probably the world's smallest fire brigade!
« Reply #6 on: January 14, 2007, 07:36:32 »
We've had the occasional frost down to -5C, but with the present mild weather (those temperatures in my previous post were positives - I've just realised that the - might be mistaken for a minus!), snow is a long way.

One of the more trashy daily papers was banging on about temperatures down to minus15 this winter and so has come unstuck again in its predictions.  Last year it was predicting a bird flu epidemic for the winter with millions dead!
“Today well-lived makes every yesterday a day of happiness to remember and every tomorrow a vision of hope.”

Offline Little Jo

• Tool Master
  • Playmo Master
    • Little Jo's PlaymoWorld
« Reply #7 on: January 14, 2007, 08:32:04 »
Oh, very nice, and for sure with Tim's Playmobils the animals wanted out  ;D

Yes, here also snow is a "foreign word" (I think like every where else in West Europe). Can't remember such an autumn like winter in the past (it's mid of January and we had 12°C yesterday outside!).

Offline Sylvia

• Administrator
  • Playmo Master
    • Just For Kl!cks
« Reply #8 on: January 14, 2007, 09:57:31 »
Super pics, Tim! :)9

It does look like you had fun setting up these animal scenes. :yup: Thanks for sharing them! :)

No snow up here either this winter, and January is usually the month for it. The kids are not impressed. :no:

It has been raining loads. I'd much rather it would snow instead, as we have a leak in our roof and it's proving impossible to find a tradesman who will fix it before Spring. ::)

Offline Hadoque

• Capitaine de la "Licorne"
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #9 on: January 14, 2007, 18:41:32 »
Nice pics, Tim! Enjoy the snow!

No chance of snow here - 11C-13C last few days and this is meant to be winter!  Lots of rain though and flooding and strong (up to 70mph) winds.
Same overhere mostly, but luckily no floodings (yet). Though today was an exception: a bright, sunny day.

Resistance is futile, you will be boarded!