Author Topic: Playmobil World MMORPG - Late Summer 2012  (Read 20992 times)

Offline tahra

• Playmo Guru
    • playkingdoms
Re: Playmobil World MMORPG - Late Summer 2012
« Reply #20 on: February 23, 2012, 06:52:55 »
The parents will control this, according to the site.

:lmao:

Right. A lot of parents (I was gonna say most) don't give a darn - as long as the kid is entertained. THEN when things go wrong, they whine and complain that the game/series/tv show isn't appropriate.... Most expect everyone else to do their job for them - raising their kids.

Here they transformed teachers in babysitters. It's ridiculous. Kids go to school in the morning and come back late afternoon (primary school!)

It is not up to game developers to restrict anything. That's the parents' job, not theirs... IMO.

Anyway, doubt the game will run in my computers :(

Offline Rhalius

• Playmo Master
« Reply #21 on: February 23, 2012, 10:21:25 »
thats true, lots of angry parents seem to think they have a right to complain when their child is affected by playing an 18+ game such as grand theft auto and then complain the game isnt appropriate for their kids. As if games would not deserve to exist if its inappropriate for their children.

That's what the age rating is for, the game would simply not be meant for them. Does not take any research, just requires a parent to look at the little box in the corner of the game cover.

Good to hear that playmo world is not online all the time, seems like a very good system for the kids. Also gives the company plenty of time to work out possible bugs and maybe add content during the downtime. If its only up in the afternoon than maybe it wont require a monthly fee either.

Offline Giorginetto

• Playmo Master
  • Playmobil Aficionado
    • TheGiorginetto channel
« Reply #22 on: February 23, 2012, 10:25:15 »
where is the collectors club i say hmmmm  :hmm: :hmm: :hmm: :hmm: :hmm:
:knight: Steck is Holy . Bring back more steck sets and its guardians , the Nuremberg Guards :knight:

Offline tahra

• Playmo Guru
    • playkingdoms
« Reply #23 on: February 23, 2012, 13:33:35 »
That's what the age rating is for, the game would simply not be meant for them. Does not take any research, just requires a parent to look at the little box in the corner of the game cover.

No, that number is according to who?

After all, Road House has a +18 sticker. AEROSMITH's dvd has a +18 sticker. But if it's a "religious" movie, even if it's gory, that's fine, please do take the kids along... Oh well.

At least here, I'm pretty convinced that ratings are thown in the air and fall wherever. It's the only explanation (the Road House and Aero examples are UK editions, I think). Probably the same happens with the games..

No, parents should actually get involved, not trust others to do it for them (based on what?).. Besides, like grownups, kids are different from each other, and what's ok for one isn't for another... me thinks.

(Though I have NO IDEA how to decide that.. but hey, I don't have kids!)

Offline Baron Marshall

• Playmo Master
« Reply #24 on: February 23, 2012, 13:44:11 »
anybody who doesn't review what their kids are going to see before the kids see it is asking to be shocked by whats in it... the only way to know if you want to let your kids to see it or not is to either see it yourself, or decide that you don't want to sit through it so they aren't going to either... if you can't stand it, why let your kids watch or play it?

On topic... I really wish they could make a nice kingdom/city/farm building game like roller coaster tycoon, but with playmobil themes. Then allow you to create a character and play in your kingdom/city/farm... like the sims...
Someday, I will organize my stuff, I promise.

Offline tahra

• Playmo Guru
    • playkingdoms
« Reply #25 on: February 23, 2012, 13:46:35 »
anybody who doesn't review what their kids are going to see before the kids see it is asking to be shocked by whats in it... the only way to know if you want to let your kids to see it or not is to either see it yourself, or decide that you don't want to sit through it so they aren't going to either... if you can't stand it, why let your kids watch or play it?

On topic... I really wish they could make a nice kingdom/city/farm building game like roller coaster tycoon, but with playmobil themes. Then allow you to create a character and play in your kingdom/city/farm... like the sims...

Exactly.

And on topic  :-[ ... If it's playmobil themed... I'd like some strategy like AoE... no, wait.. the war part wouldn't work too well.. Settlers is good too.. but in the end... same objective. KILL 'EM ALL.

Offline Giorginetto

• Playmo Master
  • Playmobil Aficionado
    • TheGiorginetto channel
« Reply #26 on: February 23, 2012, 13:48:13 »
Settlers is good too.. but in the end... same objective. KILL 'EM ALL.

:0 :0

I am glad Emperor Iseroth and Krull's army dont have to cross your lands !!!

;D
:knight: Steck is Holy . Bring back more steck sets and its guardians , the Nuremberg Guards :knight:

Offline Pynedor

• Playmo Master
« Reply #27 on: February 23, 2012, 18:36:36 »
:lol:

Anyway, I think that it's a good idea that the developers are implementing a system that allows parents to control the time, and whether they do or not is up to them as usual I suppose (unfortunately, I agree that there are many negligent ones!).

where is the collectors club i say hmmmm  :hmm: :hmm: :hmm: :hmm: :hmm:
Me too!

Good to hear that playmo world is not online all the time, seems like a very good system for the kids. Also gives the company plenty of time to work out possible bugs and maybe add content during the downtime. If its only up in the afternoon than maybe it wont require a monthly fee either.
I was thinking that too, about updates and such. It seems like a good idea to monitor the playtime of everyone, actually. :) But somehow I don't think that it won't require a fee, though that would be awesome!
~Pynedor~

Offline Tiermann

• Playmo Master
  • Playmosaurus friendus
    • Animobil
« Reply #28 on: February 23, 2012, 18:50:14 »
Only open in the afternoon so it can be staff monitored? Which time zone? Sounds very much like it's limited to German market.
3 in the afternoon German time is 6 in the morning my time.

Offline Pynedor

• Playmo Master
« Reply #29 on: February 23, 2012, 19:05:12 »
Only open in the afternoon so it can be staff monitored? Which time zone? Sounds very much like it's limited to German market.
3 in the afternoon German time is 6 in the morning my time.
I would guess CET (GMT+1:00) like you, so probably. And I'm not sure if any other languages would be supported; it doesn't seem like it right now.
~Pynedor~