Author Topic: The Making of : Summer Garden Party on Regent St  (Read 199668 times)

Offline playmovictorian

• Playmo Master
  • Happy Little Victorians
    • Playmovictorian
Re: The Making of : Summer Garden Party on Regent St
« Reply #2580 on: September 25, 2022, 08:45:00 »
Creating an autumn / fall miniature decor

I love Autumn for its changing colours, long walks into Nature, cooler weather and cosy evenings. And creating a miniature autumn / fall decor can be so much fun too introducing an early autumn vibe at first and then a late autumn vibe towards the end of the season. I have used and loved for many years the mini autumn leaves and autumn mix from MyTinyWorld for their realistic effect and colourful display.

In the coming weeks I introduce Autumn to the set starting with the Fashion Boutique  :love:

Enjoy Autumn  :wave:

Karim :gent:
La, tout n'est qu'ordre et beaute, luxe, calme et volupte. L'Invitation au Voyage. Charles Baudelaire.1857.

Offline playmovictorian

• Playmo Master
    • Playmovictorian
« Reply #2581 on: September 25, 2022, 09:22:14 »
I am delighted to share with you a preview of the autumn delights to come starting with the help of my friend Rebecca for my autumn project  :love:!

Happy Sunday and see you soon  :wave:

La, tout n'est qu'ordre et beaute, luxe, calme et volupte. L'Invitation au Voyage. Charles Baudelaire.1857.

Offline playmovictorian

• Playmo Master
    • Playmovictorian
« Reply #2582 on: September 27, 2022, 17:28:06 »

Welcome to Miss Charlotte's Autumn Fashion Boutique !

Offline tahra

• Playmo Guru
    • playkingdoms
« Reply #2583 on: September 27, 2022, 18:15:59 »
The colors are so gorgeous :love:

Offline Eplay

• Playmo Lover
« Reply #2584 on: September 27, 2022, 19:39:58 »
 :love: :love: :love:

Offline playmovictorian

• Playmo Master
    • Playmovictorian
« Reply #2585 on: September 28, 2022, 06:13:29 »
Thank you so much dear Friends  :thanks: :wave:

Offline playmovictorian

• Playmo Master
    • Playmovictorian
« Reply #2586 on: September 29, 2022, 11:49:14 »
After a busy day at the Fashion Boutique and a full order book, Miss Charlotte retires for the night with a happy heart  :cloud9:...

Offline playmovictorian

• Playmo Master
    • Playmovictorian
« Reply #2587 on: September 30, 2022, 08:53:46 »
Celebrating the London Pearly King & Queen Society Harvest Festival and the legacy of Henry Croft !

Henry Croft was a London orphan street sweeper; who collected money for charity and was the first Pearly King.

In Victorian London costermongers (street traders) were in the habit of wearing trousers decorated with pearl buttons that had been found by market traders. In the late 1870's, Henry adapted this to create a sequin suit to draw attention to himself and aid his fund-raising activities.

His clothes were magnificent, covered in array of pearls which sparkled as the sun light reflected off them. Both he and his wife Lily would often be seen parading up and down the streets asking patrons and the higher end of society for charitable donations. So successful was his charitable endeavours that it is believed he raised over £5,000 for good causes and when he was presented to Edward VII and Queen Alexandra at the Horse of the Year Show at Olympia in 1907, he was rightly called the original and first Pearly King of London.

The pearlies as they are better known have become a National Treasure and are all actively committed to raising money for charities .

A parade of real-life Pearly Kings and Queens was featured at the 2012 London Summer Olympics Opening Ceremony.

Long live the Pearly King & Queen Society  :love: 

Offline playmovictorian

• Playmo Master
    • Playmovictorian
« Reply #2588 on: October 05, 2022, 07:51:03 »

Lark Rise to Candleford

I would like to share with you one of my all times TV series favourite called Lark Rise to Candleford which was immensely popular in the UK when first shown. I revisited this summer all 4 seasons of the show for its heart warming stories, colourful characters and stunning photography. I would highly recommend it as a must watch this autumn / winter.

Inspired by Flora Thompson's novel, The series is set in the small Oxfordshire hamlet of Lark Rise and the wealthier neighbouring market town of Candleford towards the end of the 19th century. The series chronicles the daily lives of farmworkers, craftsmen, and gentry, observing the characters in loving, boisterous, and competing communities of families, rivals, friends, and neighbours.

The story is seen through the eyes of a young girl, Laura Timmins (Olivia Hallinan), as she leaves Lark Rise to start a new life under the wing of her mother's cousin, the independent and effervescent Dorcas Lane (Julia Sawalha), who is Post Mistress at the local Post Office in Candleford. Through these two characters, viewers experience the force of friendship as Laura and Dorcas see each other through the best and worst of times.

Dorcas Lane

Offline playmovictorian

• Playmo Master
    • Playmovictorian
« Reply #2589 on: October 05, 2022, 07:55:33 »
Laura Timmins

The Queens of Gossip Pearl & Ruby Pratt