Author Topic: Howdy from Oregon, USA!  (Read 6130 times)

Offline MandyJ

• Playmo Enthusiast
Re: Howdy from Oregon, USA!
« Reply #10 on: January 02, 2015, 12:20:23 »
Hi DizneeGirl,
I'm quite new too and got into Playmobil by accident when I bought a used Treasure Island as a scene setter for my megabloks dragon pirate ship ... I should mention I'm a doll and action figure collector as well as Barbie megabloks and Breyers

Then I got the Pyramid and Camper Van and recently a City Life house   :)

I find the figures have an appeal all of their own, cute and colorful and where I wouldn't let my grandsons loose with my 1/6th figures I'd be quite happy to let them play with the Playmobil I have acquired (I'm giving my age away there aren't I)  :lol:

I suppose I wish that the figures had more articulation but I guess that would be going away from the original design but the playsets ... all I can say is wow.

Looking forward to seeing your set ups   :)
Mandy J

Offline DizneeGirl

• Playmo Enthusiast
« Reply #11 on: January 02, 2015, 19:27:48 »
A third Oregonian here. Just this evening I was going to my sister's place in nw Porters when I passed an apartment window with an elaborate Christmas Playmo dio in the window. Unfortunately I didn't have a camera with me but I'll try to get pics soon. It was at 23rd and Glisan.

Well hello neighbor!  I am in Hillsboro :wave:  I think I know the area you are talking about..I am not fond of driving around Portland if I don't have too...would love to see a photo.  I just moved here last year and found a little mom/pop type store that sells Playmobil...nice to have a choice other than Learning Palace or Toys R Us.  I guess every year they do a playmobil window set up for the town's 4th of July celebration..which you may already know about. My photo's are not that great but thought to share....
« Last Edit: January 02, 2015, 19:42:38 by DizneeGirl »
Embracing the inner child😜

Offline DizneeGirl

• Playmo Enthusiast
« Reply #12 on: January 02, 2015, 19:37:23 »
Hi DizneeGirl,
I'm quite new too and got into Playmobil by accident when I bought a used Treasure Island as a scene setter for my megabloks dragon pirate ship ... I should mention I'm a doll and action figure collector as well as Barbie megabloks and Breyers

Then I got the Pyramid and Camper Van and recently a City Life house   :)

I find the figures have an appeal all of their own, cute and colorful and where I wouldn't let my grandsons loose with my 1/6th figures I'd be quite happy to let them play with the Playmobil I have acquired (I'm giving my age away there aren't I)  :lol:

I suppose I wish that the figures had more articulation but I guess that would be going away from the original design but the playsets ... all I can say is wow.

Looking forward to seeing your set ups   :)
Mandy J

Thanks MandyJ for your warm welcome!  I should welcome you too since you are fairly new here also:-)  I also like the colorful cheeriness of the figures of playmobil..how can one not? 

Offline DizneeGirl

• Playmo Enthusiast
« Reply #13 on: January 02, 2015, 19:52:25 »
Welcome to the forum! I take it that you like Disney too? ;)

Thanks for the welcome!  And yeah...my love for Disney...that one was kinda obvious huh ;D  I am constantly trying to find ways to combine Disney with Playmobil.  This year I set up a Disneyland monorail track around our christmas tree with a Disneyland play castle....and the playmobil Ferris Wheel, spinnning cars, snack bar, kid train ride, and swings...it was California Adventure and Disneyland under our tree...who needs room for presents?!  I think I overwhelmed my family :-[  I wish I had remembered to take a picture of it all with the "California Adventure" part set up...but here is a pic of the Castle, monorail and a few playmobil trees used...

Offline Tiermann

• Playmo Master
  • Playmosaurus friendus
    • Animobil
« Reply #14 on: January 02, 2015, 21:21:20 »
Emma did a Disney themed hotel of Playmobil last year I believe.

Online Macruran

• desperate but not serious
  • Playmo Master
  • Hiya!
    • my incomplete collection spreadsheet
« Reply #15 on: January 02, 2015, 23:39:35 »
Well hello neighbor!  I am in Hillsboro :wave:  I think I know the area you are talking about..I am not fond of driving around Portland if I don't have too...would love to see a photo.  I just moved here last year and found a little mom/pop type store that sells Playmobil...nice to have a choice other than Learning Palace or Toys R Us.  I guess every year they do a playmobil window set up for the town's 4th of July celebration..which you may already know about. My photo's are not that great but thought to share....

I live in inner SE PDX, so not a million miles away. I made a special trip back to the so-called alphabet district to get pics of the dio for you - the things I do for this forum! The dio is nowhere near as elaborate as the one in your pics, but you can be the judge in the new thread:

http://www.playmofriends.com/forum/index.php?topic=14474.0
"We like things in little." - G. Stein  
 :roman:

Offline DizneeGirl

• Playmo Enthusiast
« Reply #16 on: January 03, 2015, 05:22:58 »
I live in inner SE PDX, so not a million miles away. I made a special trip back to the so-called alphabet district to get pics of the dio for you - the things I do for this forum! The dio is nowhere near as elaborate as the one in your pics, but you can be the judge in the new thread:

http://www.playmofriends.com/forum/index.php?topic=14474.0

Wow!  Thanks...I'll go check it out!

Offline Rhalius

• Playmo Master
« Reply #17 on: January 03, 2015, 12:52:05 »
I must say your avatar picture is hillarious, looks like that clicky has quite  chore ahead of her considering shes taking her time to read the newspaper on the toilet and has that plunger right next to her.  :lol:

Offline Pynedor

• Playmo Master
« Reply #18 on: January 03, 2015, 16:12:44 »
Thanks for the welcome!  And yeah...my love for Disney...that one was kinda obvious huh ;D  I am constantly trying to find ways to combine Disney with Playmobil.  This year I set up a Disneyland monorail track around our christmas tree with a Disneyland play castle....and the playmobil Ferris Wheel, spinnning cars, snack bar, kid train ride, and swings...it was California Adventure and Disneyland under our tree...who needs room for presents?!  I think I overwhelmed my family :-[  I wish I had remembered to take a picture of it all with the "California Adventure" part set up...but here is a pic of the Castle, monorail and a few playmobil trees used...

Cool! That's definitely a unique tree display. ;) Some of the Fi?ures are already quite Disney-like, so it'd probably be easy to combine them with Disney things. :lol:

I like most Disney animated movies, though not some of the newer computer-generated ones.
~Pynedor~

Offline basilsdad

• Playmo Master
« Reply #19 on: January 04, 2015, 12:23:48 »
Welcome from the other side of the USA!  Glad to see another Victorian collector come aboard. 

Joe
"One cat just leads to another."
 - Ernest Hemingway