Author Topic: Disappointed in DS. Again.  (Read 2316 times)

Offline Jay

• Playmo Addict
Disappointed in DS. Again.
« on: February 25, 2014, 03:06:29 »
Well, I had an email the other day about a 20% off on purchases so I waited today to call because I wanted some parts as well.  So, after waiting while listening to a recorded message where the person continually mispronounces the company name, I finally get a person.  After going through the list of items I want to buy, (he had told me that parts was a different service) he tells me that the discount is for on-line purchases only.  Fine, I can do that even if it is another big hassle.  So, then I go through the parts list: discountinued, out of stock, etc., etc. etc.  Finally I get a part that I want, but the discount doesn't apply for that, nor can it go with the other order, which means that they charge shipping.
I tell him that I have credit from a previous purchase they screwed up, but of course, they have no record of that.
Btw, one of the things I was trying to get were the sailors from the new/old schooner, but they are 'discontinued.'
GEEZ!
So, I do go on line, and order, but no where in my email does it say anything about on-line only.
As it is, and I could be wrong, but I seem to think that previous sales were 25% off, not 20%.
The plus to this, of course, is that there is no tax, and orders over $50 ship free, plus, I don't know of many companies where you can order small parts without having to get a whole item. 
Still, the can do so much better. But this is just one more example of the condition of the company in the US.

Btw, this is from the official site:
PLAYMOBIL is a registered trademark. pronounced: play-mo-beel
The recorded messages continually pronounces it as Play -mo-BULL.   What ever the heck that means.  You'd think someone in the company would have enough sense to have it recorded over.
« Last Edit: February 25, 2014, 03:15:57 by Jay »

Offline el jefe

• Playmo Addict
Re: Disappointed in DS. Again.
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2014, 04:23:12 »
Play-mo-bull.   :doh:
Sorry to hear about your experience.  I really wanted some of those sailors without getting the schooner.  Guess that ain't happening.

Offline bonniebeth

• playmo zoo architect
  • Playmo Guru
    • my youtube channel
« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2014, 12:26:13 »
Yeah, that is INCREDIBLY sad that the recording would actually mispronounce the name! There is absolutely no excuse for that.

As for the sailors from the schooner, parts from a set generally aren't available until the set has been available in the US for six months or so, so I'd try again in a few months and see. Something tells me they will still be hard to get, though.
My playmobil zoo: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E-0grq9acog
In the end, we will conserve only what we love. We will love only what we understand. We will understand only what we are taught.

Offline nunney

• Playmo Fanatic
« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2014, 16:59:27 »
it's just not yet an integrated system but from the direction the german site has gone, playmobil is obviously working on changing that which is great. all in all, it just seems to me that the company has been slow to transition from an old model of customer service and fulfillment while our own expectations as consumers have changed tremendously over the last decade. 

as to pronunciations, i encountered the same thing with the voice recording and when speaking to some staff by phone. i believe this 'mispronunciation' is more of a reflection of a central new jersey accent.

Offline Jay

• Playmo Addict
« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2014, 18:54:44 »

as to pronunciations, i encountered the same thing with the voice recording and when speaking to some staff by phone. i believe this 'mispronunciation' is more of a reflection of a central new jersey accent.

I don't think it's a mispronunciation based on regional accents. I think they just handed the script to someone to do who had never heard of the company or the way it's pronounced.   The fault is the company rep who approved it.  I don't detect an accent at all.   As it is, it's too professional sounding to be someone just working around the office.   
Anyhow in the US who hasn't heard it,  and has five minutes,  call the customer service number and see what you think.

Offline Hadoque

• Capitaine de la "Licorne"
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #5 on: February 25, 2014, 20:39:19 »
Seems DS-service in the US is quite horrible compared with DS-service for Germany and Benelux-countries... :-\

Resistance is futile, you will be boarded!

Offline Baron Marshall

• Playmo Master
« Reply #6 on: February 25, 2014, 20:49:41 »
Yes, it is quite inadequate. Especially unaccomodating when you need new feathers for knight helmets and pirate hats.  :'(
Someday, I will organize my stuff, I promise.

Offline Wesley Myers

• Playmo Master
« Reply #7 on: February 26, 2014, 00:52:29 »
I believe this is an American issue.  I've heard it called that before.  See here:  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SrfHrirV07Y

I think that is why Playmobil has a pronunciation guide on their boxes.

Offline Jay

• Playmo Addict
« Reply #8 on: February 26, 2014, 02:11:31 »
I believe this is an American issue.  I've heard it called that before.  See here:  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SrfHrirV07Y

I think that is why Playmobil has a pronunciation guide on their boxes.

Interesting point. I've know it by the correct name, but I learned it in Germany. But I just can't think of an excuse for this, particulary when it's on their own site!

Offline bonniebeth

• playmo zoo architect
  • Playmo Guru
    • my youtube channel
« Reply #9 on: February 26, 2014, 02:51:45 »
The TV ads in the US pronounce it correctly. But who takes notice of the ads. They could win an award for the shortest and most ineffective toy ads ever.
My playmobil zoo: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E-0grq9acog
In the end, we will conserve only what we love. We will love only what we understand. We will understand only what we are taught.