Author Topic: Anyone been to playmobil land in Malta?  (Read 7129 times)

Offline A Little Lady

• Playmo Enthusiast
Anyone been to playmobil land in Malta?
« on: August 03, 2009, 00:25:14 »
Hello

Im from Europe and im hoping to go to the playmobil park in Malta next summer.

Was wondering if anyones been to the maltese or similar ones and what to expect?

How can i take my playmobils along but make sure they dont get muddled up with the playmobils in the park?

Is it worth going to one of these and i would love to hear your experiences good and bad of any visits to playmobil lands.

Alexis
hello im a little lady and im a playperson

Offline playmofire

• Klicky Firemeister
  • Playmo Guru
    • Copt Hewick Volunteer Fire Brigade - probably the world's smallest fire brigade!
Re: Anyone been to playmobil land in Malta?
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2009, 08:33:36 »
The Malta is a small island (population about 300,000, although it gets bigger with all the visitors in the holiday season) and the FunPark is also small.  Having said that, if you're not from mainland Europe it does give you the chance to see the new releases which you won't see at home for another 12 months or so and the staff are very pleasant and welcoming.  There is also a shop with the full range of Playmobil and some DS items and a small cafe.  There are often some offers on items in the shop.  Inside there is a play area with some giant models of Playmobil items (when we visited in January this year they were built around the harbour theme and before this the pirate ship).  There are cabinet displays in the play area on different themes and also a number of play tables with a range of Playmobil available for visitors to play with.  Understandably, these are often not complete as they take quite a hammering from the youngsters over the months.  Outside, there is a square courtyard on the castle theme with a throne to sit on (I won't say what happens when you do sit on it) and some large figures.  So nothing big and spectacular, rather small and friendly.  As for taking your own Playmobil along, I don't see any problem in that, although I think you should explain to the staff when you arrive that you have some with you and show them and they can advise you.  There used to be tours round the factory on their old site both for holiday visitors and local school parties, but I'm not sure now they are in new factory because of health and safety legislation is tighter now Malta is in the EU.  We know the manageress of the FunPark through my interest in Playmobil and fire engines and so we had a tour of the new factory shortly after it opened but there were two of us and two staff looking  after us! 

I think I've still got some photos from some visits which I'll try to find and post for you.
“Today well-lived makes every yesterday a day of happiness to remember and every tomorrow a vision of hope.”

Offline Miguel

• Dom Miguel - O Deserdado
  • Playmo Enthusiast
« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2009, 11:30:11 »

I think I've still got some photos from some visits which I'll try to find and post for you.

Playmofire, that would be awesome!!  ^-^

Offline A Little Lady

• Playmo Enthusiast
« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2009, 11:32:06 »
Playmofire, that would be awesome!!  ^-^

i would love to see some pictures as well. Ive even taken some pics in a toy shop of lifesize playmobils. My friend tried to get a lifesize one for me, "when you're throwing that out i know a big fan that could use it" he told the shop.

Alexis

Offline Walts-Trains

• Playmo Lover
    • Walts Playm0bil Collection
« Reply #4 on: August 03, 2009, 20:09:30 »
If you want to go to the Fun Park you can go by the number 13 bus from Valletta.
It leaves about 10 past the hour and drops you of at the door.
Ther are still factory tours available but it si better to book in advance.
Photos I took this year of the Fun Park.

Offline Walts-Trains

• Playmo Lover
« Reply #5 on: August 03, 2009, 20:11:34 »
Some more photos

Offline Walts-Trains

• Playmo Lover
« Reply #6 on: August 03, 2009, 20:13:44 »
You can try there web site www.playmobilmalta.com

Offline playmofire

• Klicky Firemeister
  • Playmo Guru
    • Copt Hewick Volunteer Fire Brigade - probably the world's smallest fire brigade!
« Reply #7 on: August 03, 2009, 20:16:07 »
Excellent photos, Walt.  Thanks for posting them.  I'll follow up with some of mine shortly.

The Playmobil Malta website is being changed so the link isn't working (other than to tell you the site is being changed).
“Today well-lived makes every yesterday a day of happiness to remember and every tomorrow a vision of hope.”

Offline A Little Lady

• Playmo Enthusiast
« Reply #8 on: August 03, 2009, 20:58:04 »
loved your pics especially the last one!  :)

Alexis

Offline Gepetto

• Playmo Master
« Reply #9 on: August 03, 2009, 22:15:31 »
Thanks for the  photos Walt, it is always interesting to see pictures of foreign lands! :lol:

Gepetto