Author Topic: What Would You Like to See in a New Ship?  (Read 17011 times)

Offline WarriorOfToys

• Wargaming Fanatic
  • Playmo Master
    • Come check out my Playmobil movies!
What Would You Like to See in a New Ship?
« on: September 28, 2010, 01:23:20 »
I would love to see a better below deck system...
Like instead of one deck, there are 2! :o
And you can pull them out fairly easily to gain easy access. :)

Also, it would be great if they were tall enough to stand in! :D
If you look at a Playmobil ship,
I don't think any of them have a below deck that has enough head space to stand...
The 3940 doesn't even have enough room to sit in!
(At least, not if your klicky has a hat... :-\ )

Maybe both of those together is unrealistic...
But one or the other would be awesome! ;D
I would also like to see better sleeping quarters...
Or for that matter, some sleeping quarters at all!
Only the captain seems to get to sleep,
The rest of the crew have no where! :'(

So that, and maybe a kitchen! ;D

What does everyone else want to see in the next Playmobil ship? ???
Steck is BACK! <:>

Offline Andy R

• DPAAAGG.
  • x
  • Playmo Addict
  • I come here for peace and quiet.
    • http://www.survival101.wetpaint.com
Re: What Would You Like to See in a New Ship?
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2010, 04:00:54 »
So that, and maybe a kitchen! ;D
You mean “galley.”

I want to see ALL of this, and radio controlled powered hull so I can turn them loose in open water without fear of loosing them. (And the ability to order more crew, with new belts.)

EDIT: And if it’s gonna be a sailing ship, no ratted sails… It’s embarrassing. And of course, re-use the mold used for the spars from the Roman Monoreme (set #4276, part number 3Ø 61 864Ø).

SECOND EDIT: And a three decker with 8 guns per broadside per deck (and a few swivel guns, a version of flintlock blunderbuss/3Ø Ø6 6Ø7Ø with the grip of the long barrel flintlock pistol/3Ø Ø9 544Ø instead of the stock, mounted on the telescope stand/3Ø Ø9 265Ø).
« Last Edit: September 28, 2010, 18:43:53 by Andy R »
If I’m jealous, you did SOMETHING right. Keep it up. :D
I Support Operation Anime Storm..

Offline Justindo

• Playmo Master
« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2010, 05:45:57 »
I'd like to see a longer three-masted black and yellow ship of the line with eight heavy guns (four on each side) and two swivel guns on the bow and two on the stern.
:egypt: :roman: :viking: :knight: :arrr: :indian: :cowboy:

Offline Heronimus

• Playmo Addict
« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2010, 05:47:27 »
I dont have expectation, but would love one with some more realistic colour scheme, and that will be my first ship in my collection. :wave:

Offline Giorginetto

• Playmo Master
  • Playmobil Aficionado
    • TheGiorginetto channel
« Reply #4 on: October 13, 2010, 11:31:24 »
 twice the size as the current ones with two cannon decks , each with at least 5 cannons , a total of 20 cannons therefore . I really like the previous cannon galleon with the 8 proper cannons and not these horrid new ones with the ugly looking volleys... Shame playmobil has gotten it so wrong with the latest ship designs though the latest pirate sets are truly awesome , not the core ship design. cannons, cannons, cannons and taller masts etc , as i said TWICE the size , that will be quite something !!!!  ;D ;D ;D

I would get 1o of them and make a proper armada ..
:knight: Steck is Holy . Bring back more steck sets and its guardians , the Nuremberg Guards :knight:

Offline Bolingbroke

• Playmo Master
« Reply #5 on: October 13, 2010, 12:28:56 »
twice the size as the current ones with two cannon decks , each with at least 5 cannons , a total of 20 cannons therefore . I really like the previous cannon galleon with the 8 proper cannons and not these horrid new ones with the ugly looking volleys... Shame playmobil has gotten it so wrong with the latest ship designs though the latest pirate sets are truly awesome , not the core ship design. cannons, cannons, cannons and taller masts etc , as i said TWICE the size , that will be quite something !!!!  ;D ;D ;D

I would get 1o of them and make a proper armada ..

It would cost at least 300 euro. I can't imagine parents queueing up to buy it for their children, this christmas. Maybe something for the Collectors' Club?
"Company, villanous company, hath been the spoil of me."

Offline Wolf Knight

• Playmo Guru
« Reply #6 on: October 13, 2010, 12:29:45 »
I always love seeing a new playmobil ship, no matter if its bad design or a true masterpiece!!! So yeah!!! Hit me with it!!!

Offline tonguello

• Playmo Master
    • tonguello
« Reply #7 on: October 13, 2010, 15:08:55 »
I got my first pirate ship today 3940 MISB. I have to pick it up tonight after work, and I've never seen one in my life (except for photos) so I wouldn't know how to answer to this thread. but I could come back to this thread later during the weekend and tell you what I think......
So far Im terribly happy with my new ship just like it is, eventhough I haven't even seen it yet!  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
Gaston
...“But waiting can’t be bad, for plastic men, as I have learnt, are made to wait when playing's done”...
Check my blog: www.funfanphotoys.tumblr.com

Offline bonniebeth

• playmo zoo architect
  • Playmo Guru
    • my youtube channel
« Reply #8 on: October 14, 2010, 00:03:05 »
Yes, a ship big enough for all this would be very expensive. But what if they had extentions? The basic set could have the bow and stern and enough in between to make it usable as is. But then you could buy one or two inserts for the middle to expand it, like putting leaves in a table. And then the below deck could be a series of extentions, too. One to go under just the bow and stern, and others to go under the extentions.
My playmobil zoo: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E-0grq9acog
In the end, we will conserve only what we love. We will love only what we understand. We will understand only what we are taught.

Offline Bill Blackhurst

• Playmo Master
« Reply #9 on: October 14, 2010, 02:56:52 »
It would be great to see a ship with multiple gun decks that is truly sea worthy, balanced & won't sink if the loads & personnel are not distributed equally :yup:!
  Forget about all of the other stuff,....all we need is the reintroduction of the 3526 Fire Engine!