Author Topic: the redcoats  (Read 11284 times)

Offline Giorginetto

• Playmo Master
  • Playmobil Aficionado
    • TheGiorginetto channel
Re: the redcoats
« Reply #40 on: September 03, 2010, 07:31:09 »

i wanted to ask you georginetto in 2000 you weren't intrested in playmobil ?? then was on the market this http://www.collectobil.com/images/items/3857.jpg  i think even more until 2001 here in greece if i remember well .....  ???

I had bought 3-4 of these sets back then . Back in 2000 i was spending my available funds in cars and car racing training and track day preparation etc and no tso much in playmobil, mind you that year i bought about 5 pirate ships and lots of pirate sets and also back then the system x i have ...
:knight: Steck is Holy . Bring back more steck sets and its guardians , the Nuremberg Guards :knight:

Offline playmo1989

• Playmo Master
« Reply #41 on: September 03, 2010, 16:51:54 »
I had bought 3-4 of these sets back then . Back in 2000 i was spending my available funds in cars and car racing training and track day preparation etc and no tso much in playmobil, mind you that year i bought about 5 pirate ships and lots of pirate sets and also back then the system x i have ...

;)
The spirits rule !!!!

Offline Giorginetto

• Playmo Master
  • Playmobil Aficionado
    • TheGiorginetto channel
« Reply #42 on: September 06, 2010, 12:45:29 »
On the subject of redcaots I am surprised i have never seen them combined with the victorian theme ... Surely they would look nice though hisotrically there is a considerable time difference ? Mind  yuo if i assume the victorian is in the early 1900s era , didnt the british still have redcoats ?? Need some historical feedabck people on this one !!!!

Itching to buy 300 of these redcoats more and more , the klicky fever is growing by the day. God help my wallet me  :prays: :prays: :prays: :prays: :prays:
:knight: Steck is Holy . Bring back more steck sets and its guardians , the Nuremberg Guards :knight:

Offline Bolingbroke

• Playmo Master
« Reply #43 on: September 06, 2010, 14:12:25 »
They could give us some Rorke's Drift redcoats - that would be my dream come true.
"Company, villanous company, hath been the spoil of me."

Offline Martin Milner

• Eugene, Oregon, USA
  • Playmo Master
    • An Englishman in Eugene
« Reply #44 on: September 06, 2010, 14:22:40 »
On the subject of redcaots I am surprised i have never seen them combined with the victorian theme ... Surely they would look nice though hisotrically there is a considerable time difference ? Mind  yuo if i assume the victorian is in the early 1900s era , didnt the british still have redcoats ?? Need some historical feedabck people on this one !!!!

Itching to buy 300 of these redcoats more and more , the klicky fever is growing by the day. God help my wallet me  :prays: :prays: :prays: :prays: :prays:

Need to to some Googling for yourself Georginetto!

However...

The Victorian Era started in 1837 and ended in 1901. During her reign many foreign wars were fought but on home soil it was a time of peace and prosperity (if you were in the right stratum of society). The Redcoat was still the standard uniform for most of this period, being replaced by khaki only by the Second Boer War, after experiences during the wars in Egypt and Sudan in the early 1880s showed that camoflage was useful.  

When the Redcoat was worn the trousers (pants) were often black or blue, with a red or gold stripe down the side, so the uniform was closer to the 4577 Royal Guard than the Redcoat we are discussing with white trousers and black boots.  

It's a huge subject, I recommend you do some research both on the internet and in your local library!

Offline Giorginetto

• Playmo Master
  • Playmobil Aficionado
    • TheGiorginetto channel
« Reply #45 on: September 06, 2010, 19:03:16 »
Need to to some Googling for yourself Georginetto!

However...

The Victorian Era started in 1837 and ended in 1901. During her reign many foreign wars were fought but on home soil it was a time of peace and prosperity (if you were in the right stratum of society). The Redcoat was still the standard uniform for most of this period, being replaced by khaki only by the Second Boer War, after experiences during the wars in Egypt and Sudan in the early 1880s showed that camoflage was useful.  

When the Redcoat was worn the trousers (pants) were often black or blue, with a red or gold stripe down the side, so the uniform was closer to the 4577 Royal Guard than the Redcoat we are discussing with white trousers and black boots.  

It's a huge subject, I recommend you do some research both on the internet and in your local library!

Yeap, very interesting indeed !!!! I remember seeing many types and variations of redcoats in the war museum in endinborough, scotland , never forget the hadwritten note there of the british soldier that fought its way and captured the emperor's flag at the battle of waterloo, a painting of tha era was adjacent to his hand written description along side the emperor's colours  which are still there ( well  i am a bit surprised they werent returned to france , isuppose the fall under the category ' winner takes it all'  ;D ;D ;D ;D), well worth visiting that museum for that and for that only !!!!!

i want to buy these redcoats even more now !!!!!

Offline Justindo

• Playmo Master
« Reply #46 on: September 07, 2010, 04:48:10 »
I think that a lot of people, myself included, would like to see a British soldier with a white sun helmet for a British Zulu War army.  Geobra has produced to the Zulu, so where's the redcoat?!
:egypt: :roman: :viking: :knight: :arrr: :indian: :cowboy: