Author Topic: 7377 Pirate Prison  (Read 7270 times)

Offline highlandcattle

• Playmo Lover
7377 Pirate Prison
« on: February 13, 2009, 10:15:51 »
Hi all,
This is my very first review! This is a reissue of an old pirates set, that magically appeared on the German DS last year and now for the rest of us Europeans. The lovely  thing about this set is, that it uses the steck system and not systemX.

For a starting collector/builder of steck houses this set is a handy expansion. It contains a lot of usefull pieces. First of all the sign " carcel". this can easily be turned into a shop sign. The prison windows are good for a downstairs storage area or garage. And the ironwork steck piece can be used as garden fence. Naturally if you are a castle collector you can add a prison to your castle.

The set comes with a lot of neat accessories: A barrel/table, two stools, a cup, plate, bucket and a strange sort of bed.
 A single skeleton and dog are also included with handcuffs and chains. There is also a flag and a connector piece to hang the flag to the battlements.

Price: At almost €17 this is quite steep, but a lovely set none the less

Offline playmofire

• Klicky Firemeister
  • Playmo Guru
    • Copt Hewick Volunteer Fire Brigade - probably the world's smallest fire brigade!
Re: 7377 Pirate Prison
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2009, 10:42:32 »
Thank you, HC, for that concise and well-photographed review. 
“Today well-lived makes every yesterday a day of happiness to remember and every tomorrow a vision of hope.”

Offline Jimbo

• Playmo Master
« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2009, 12:47:00 »
Thanks for the great review, HC. that looks like
a real nice set. :yup:

Best regards,
Jimbo

Offline Rasputin

• The Mad Monk
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2009, 13:47:58 »
Oh i have been waiting for these parts . The two headed eagle flag for one . I will be ordering quite a few of those . Thanks for the review of a great classic set . Your review is very well done and the pics are perfect  :)9
If you hear the sound of the bell which will tell you that Grigori has been killed, if it was your relations who have wrought my death, then no one in the family will remain alive. They will be killed by the Russian people. :prays:

Offline cachalote

• x
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2009, 16:06:55 »
i have the 2 original versions and i agree with you highlandcattle, this is a lovely set.  :love:
thank you for the review.
  :)
    honni soit qui mal y pense

Offline cachalote

• x
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #5 on: February 13, 2009, 16:18:37 »
this thread made me remeber 2 other sets i have that i consider some of the best playmobil ever made.  :yup:
the 3112 and the u.s. 5727.  :love:
i remember it was a pleasure to build them, with so many accessories and movable extras (the crane).  ;D
their water-front ambience is just fantastic.  :yup:
recently, also in the u.s., playmobil released the small tower in another version, with a curved bay attached - the 5782.
    honni soit qui mal y pense

Offline Bill Blackhurst

• Playmo Master
« Reply #6 on: February 13, 2009, 17:54:44 »
this thread made me remeber 2 other sets i have that i consider some of the best playmobil ever made.  :yup:
the 3112 and the u.s. 5727.  :love:
i remember it was a pleasure to build them, with so many accessories and movable extras (the crane).  ;D
their water-front ambience is just fantastic.  :yup:
recently, also in the u.s., playmobil released the small tower in another version, with a curved bay attached - the 5782.

I must admit even though I'm not a pirate collector, I was always intrigued by the 3112 strong hold fort! I like the way that system X was customized in a very eye appealing manner with stone walls, brown bases, etc.! A very likable set!
  Forget about all of the other stuff,....all we need is the reintroduction of the 3526 Fire Engine!

Offline Justindo

• Playmo Master
« Reply #7 on: February 14, 2009, 05:56:10 »
Originally I wasn't going to get this set, but after seeing your pictures I may change my mind.
:egypt: :roman: :viking: :knight: :arrr: :indian: :cowboy:

Offline gloobey

• Playmo Fanatic
    • My Illustration Website
« Reply #8 on: February 15, 2009, 04:39:05 »
I must admit even though I'm not a pirate collector, I was always intrigued by the 3112 strong hold fort! I like the way that system X was customized in a very eye appealing manner with stone walls, brown bases, etc.! A very likable set!

I agree! I rememberreally liking that set when it came out. I was knee deep in castle sets at the time, so never picked it up...It's proof that system x can be good, though.
What's the point of going, if you can't get there on a train?

Offline highlandcattle

• Playmo Lover
« Reply #9 on: February 15, 2009, 13:30:31 »
The 3112 is now available through DS without the figures and accesoires. I must say that as far as system x goes this is rather pretty, but still the Battlements look way to futuristic and all the holes in the dock are kinda strange. Combining all these sets with the light house would give you an awesome dock!