Author Topic: How To Train Your Dragon  (Read 8958 times)

Offline StJohn

• Playmo Master
Re: How To Train Your Dragon
« Reply #20 on: August 31, 2017, 23:02:39 »
I love this piece from Berk (9243), even with the silly horns. Its inspiration seems obvious, but who can answer my question: Was the illustrious idea born at Dreamworks or Geobra?

Best wishes
StJohn

Offline JLMatterer

• Playmo Master
  • Playmobil in the News
    • Plamobil In The News
« Reply #21 on: August 31, 2017, 23:14:07 »
OK, I have to get Berk. Money come soon....

Offline Pynedor

• Playmo Master
« Reply #22 on: August 31, 2017, 23:53:54 »
Like I mentioned, I didn't much like the second movie.. especially ****'s death (I was shocked - it's supposed to be a kid movie, and I wasn't ready for it). Plus I found the whole idea with the mother kinda.. silly.

So I don't really remember much of the Drago's character...

I agree that the introduction of Hiccup's mother as a character was a tad strange, but it worked in the context of the world. Overall, I really enjoyed the second film though, especially with the characters being older (which I was worried about at first). The show is also quite entertaining if you get a chance to watch it.

Speaking of Hiccup's mother, it'd be cool if they released a set with Valka and Cloudjumper. :)

I love this piece from Berk (9243), even with the silly horns. Its inspiration seems obvious, but who can answer my question: Was the illustrious idea born at Dreamworks or Geobra?

Those are in the films. There are large carvings in the waters at Berk.

What I've been wondering is whether that sword can be used by the trolls or the Colossus.
~Pynedor~

Offline tahra

• Playmo Guru
    • playkingdoms
« Reply #23 on: September 01, 2017, 12:22:21 »
I agree that the introduction of Hiccup's mother as a character was a tad strange, but it worked in the context of the world. Overall, I really enjoyed the second film though, especially with the characters being older (which I was worried about at first). The show is also quite entertaining if you get a chance to watch it.

I didn't like the whole storyline of his mom. Seemed completely outlandish to me.. And the death ruined it.

I think they aged well though!  :)

Speaking of Hiccup's mother, it'd be cool if they released a set with Valka and Cloudjumper. :)

:-[  I don't remember the names - more dragons? .... Ok, cheated - his mom and a big dragon :)  They would look playmogreat, I think!

What I've been wondering is whether that sword can be used by the trolls or the Colossus.

Guess you missed it in the PROCESS (link) :P  The trolls can. I don't have the Super 4 thing.

I believe that had been confirmed on the PCC too.

Offline Pynedor

• Playmo Master
« Reply #24 on: September 01, 2017, 23:49:33 »
The trolls can. I don't have the Super 4 thing.

I believe that had been confirmed on the PCC too.

Ah, nice! Something about the mould (the hilt part perhaps) seems to let them down though. They just don't seem very realistic... even in Playmobil terms.
~Pynedor~

Offline tahra

• Playmo Guru
    • playkingdoms
« Reply #25 on: September 02, 2017, 11:51:31 »
Ah, nice! Something about the mould (the hilt part perhaps) seems to let them down though. They just don't seem very realistic... even in Playmobil terms.

I like them... For the trolls.. It is good to have some variety. I find the common things (the ones made for klickys) completely ridiculous in their big hands.

Offline StJohn

• Playmo Master
« Reply #26 on: September 28, 2017, 23:48:08 »
First, Dragons: 9245 - Gobber with Catapult  (link on playkingdoms)

More at the link..

I just got mine today. I'm quite pleased with the catapult: very refreshing to see an entirely new model after all those many 3653 war machines (also 3030, 7700, 5738, 4438). I'll do a shooting test soon.

But, while assembling, it struck me, once again: PM is doomed, imo, simply because they do not adhere to the idea that parts should be mutually compatible. What I mean now: basically same machine, same wheels, but - why, oh why - a different connecting bit?

(left 9245, right 3653, etc.)

The parts in 9245 are narrower and have distinctive upper and lower sides. Couldn't they have designed the new frame to hold the old axle parts? Apparently not. :( Chaos will reign.

Best wishes
StJohn

Offline cheng

• Playmo Master
« Reply #27 on: September 29, 2017, 01:14:11 »
PM is doomed, imo, simply because they do not adhere to the idea that parts should be mutually compatible. What I mean now: basically same machine, same wheels, but - why, oh why - a different connecting bit?

been happening for a while....aren't the designers told to save on moulds, part numbers and stocking? especially such an unimportant part, even if the old mould is spoilt, they still have the technical drawings and can (faster) reproduce a new mould....i cant think of any reason why they do this, can anyone with design/production experience lessen our pain once and for all?

Offline Tiermann

• Playmo Master
  • Playmosaurus friendus
    • Animobil
« Reply #28 on: October 02, 2017, 21:56:20 »
New one is on the left yes? It uses half the plastic. Take that times 10 thousand and it adds up in costs. Now when you subtract out the cost of making the new mold it may or may not work out, but if they reuse the new mold a bunch of times it will work economically.

Offline tahra

• Playmo Guru
    • playkingdoms
« Reply #29 on: April 15, 2018, 18:16:33 »
And here's the "that silly ballista-contraption-thingy":

Dragons: 9249 - Eret with Multiballista (link on playkingdoms)

Two to go...