Author Topic: what parts to use for building physical therapy parallel bars  (Read 3203 times)

Offline kaethe

• Playmo Addict
hi everyone,

i finally decided to start building my new medical center based on the 4404 hospital set.  so far i have 12 rooms including two operating rooms and scrub sink area, recovery room, emergency room, waiting room, lobby, labor and delivery, nursery, and several patient rooms.  i still need to add more floors, and i see another ds order in the very near future, to buy more parts, as i miscalculated the pieces, and got a few extra pieces that i did not order.  i also need to add an xray department (from the upcoming veterinary hospital!), the gift shop and cafeteria, and physical therapy/rehab.  which brings me to my question:

i need help with which parts to order from ds to make a set of parallel bars for a physical therapy department in my new hospital.  these are the bars that a patient uses for support when learning to walk after a stroke or total joint replacement.  i also need to have large, full length mirrors for the rehab department.

any ideas would be appreciated.

thank you, kaethe

Offline sbblabotw

• Mistress of PlaymoDB
  • Playmo Addict
    • PlaymoDB ... the UNOFFICIAL online database for Playmobil® toys
Re: what parts to use for building physical therapy parallel bars
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2008, 02:53:18 »
How about these, from the high-wire platform?

30 06 4470 - Railing on high-wire platform

You'd probably need the bases as well - they come in pairs, but the railings come by the each.

30 51 4990 - High-wire platforms

Have a look here for mirror stickers: I'm not sure what's still available, but see if there's something there you like.
http://playmodb.org/cgi-bin/textsearch.pl?text=mirror&sortby=partnum&pics=on

PlaymoDB.org has catalogued over FIFTY-FIVE THOUSAND parts in more than 6100 sets. Come and visit to find any set or part numbers you need to know!

Offline Tiermann

• Playmo Master
  • Playmosaurus friendus
    • Animobil
« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2008, 03:28:58 »
also this one 30 22 3610 - Fence pole might be adaptable, its the right shape. Riding set poles might also work 30 63 1710 - Pole for horse obstacle

Offline kaethe

• Playmo Addict
« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2008, 06:15:08 »
wow
thank you tim and heather.  i had no idea the db was so versatile.  time for some more research. of course everything depends on what is available, but those sets appear to be newer.

thank you again.

kaethe