Author Topic: Medieval Houses  (Read 11319 times)

Offline Tiermann

• Playmo Master
  • Playmosaurus friendus
    • Animobil
Re: Medieval Houses
« Reply #40 on: February 12, 2021, 17:55:12 »
It's also always worth asking here about specific things you need. Some of us may have a part or even a set extra laying around we are happy to pass on. You can always ask about prices here as well. We can give you an idea what's reasonable in the market. Some things tend to be really high like trains or Victorian theme, but you can still find ok deals from time to time if you are diligent. The community here can be a great resource.

Offline PlaymoGuardian

• Playmo Fanatic
« Reply #41 on: February 13, 2021, 00:45:25 »
Thanks and you bring up an interesting point. Is there a section here where I would be able to ask about excess parts, which I would be willing to pay for? Also, the reverse of that equation, there are times where I buy a lot on eBay with primarily medieval playmobil but a couple random items mixed in, so I may eventually build up random things I have no use for and might like to sell them. I can, of course, use eBay for that. Although, I could post it here as well to keep it within the community if people have a need for prices far less than they might find on eBay. If not, I can just post a large auction on eBay (with an offer option) and let the community know. If I were to do this I’d just lower the minimum I’m willing to take and only accept the offer if it’s from a member of the community; also as long as such a mission isn’t somehow against any rules/regulations?). I’m not sure if this is possible considering most times I make an offer on eBay it seems the acceptance price is rarely much lower than the listed price. Hopefully this ramble makes any sort of sense.

Offline GrahamB

• Playmo Master
    • Playmofanatic
« Reply #42 on: February 13, 2021, 11:02:21 »
... the end result (after refund) was nearly 100 dollars in shipping and handling...certainly a form of highway robbery, but I needed their products so it had to be done.

:omg:

I'm sure some ebay sellers make as much from 'shipping' as they can, instead of charging realistic prices for the goods. There is one shop which charges a large amount for shipping whatever the item, which is usually out of all proportion to the actual cost. I never buy from there, which is a shame because it has some great stuff!

The other thing you could do PG is post a 'want list' on here and see if anyone has the things you want. You ever know!
At that moment the ship suddenly stopped rocking and swaying, the engine pitch settled down to a gentle hum. 'Hey Ford.' said Zaphod, 'that sounds good. Have you worked out the controls on this boat?' 'No,' said Ford, 'I just stopped fiddling with them.' (With thanks to Douglas Adams)

Offline playmofire

• Klicky Firemeister
  • Playmo Guru
    • Copt Hewick Volunteer Fire Brigade - probably the world's smallest fire brigade!
« Reply #43 on: February 13, 2021, 16:08:11 »
  :omg:

I'm sure some ebay sellers make as much from 'shipping' as they can, instead of charging realistic prices for the goods. There is one shop which charges a large amount for shipping whatever the item, which is usually out of all proportion to the actual cost. I never buy from there, which is a shame because it has some great stuff!

The other thing you could do PG is post a 'want list' on here and see if anyone has the things you want. You ever know!

Sometimes in cases like this when you look further into it, the high postage charge covers you for up to, say, 2kg weight, thus encouraging you to buy more.
“Today well-lived makes every yesterday a day of happiness to remember and every tomorrow a vision of hope.”

Offline Tiermann

• Playmo Master
  • Playmosaurus friendus
    • Animobil
« Reply #44 on: February 13, 2021, 17:34:55 »
There is a buy/sell/trade forum here but I don't think it is visible for use until you reach a minimum number of posts to the general forums.

Offline PlaymoGuardian

• Playmo Fanatic
« Reply #45 on: February 14, 2021, 00:52:18 »
Ahh I was wondering if there was a buy/sell/trade portion to the site, and having a minimum number of posts makes sense. It will be nice to reach that point, I think I will wait to sell the playmobil I have no need for so that I can find good homes for it with members of this site.

Offline Speedyben

• Playmo Fanatic
    • Instagram dioramabenpm
« Reply #46 on: February 14, 2021, 08:39:06 »
Do you know how many posts it takes?

There is a buy/sell/trade forum here but I don't think it is visible for use until you reach a minimum number of posts to the general forums.
~Playmobil Collector and Diorama Artist~

Offline GrahamB

• Playmo Master
    • Playmofanatic
« Reply #47 on: February 14, 2021, 09:53:09 »
On this forum, you need to be a member for six months before gaining access to the buy/sell/trade boards. Other forums such as Klickywelt have access to such boards based on a minimum number of posts.
At that moment the ship suddenly stopped rocking and swaying, the engine pitch settled down to a gentle hum. 'Hey Ford.' said Zaphod, 'that sounds good. Have you worked out the controls on this boat?' 'No,' said Ford, 'I just stopped fiddling with them.' (With thanks to Douglas Adams)

Offline Giorginetto

• Playmo Master
  • Playmobil Aficionado
    • TheGiorginetto channel
« Reply #48 on: February 14, 2021, 18:22:12 »
out of curiosity and within this post, what is the rarest/ most expensive steck house these days ? I always thought the original museum with the amazing , amazing, amazing ultra cool shiny armour and face klicky but it has been re-released ( not with the shiny klicky though) so probably not the rarest now....  ??? ???
:knight: Steck is Holy . Bring back more steck sets and its guardians , the Nuremberg Guards :knight:

Offline Tiermann

• Playmo Master
  • Playmosaurus friendus
    • Animobil
« Reply #49 on: February 14, 2021, 21:41:27 »
I think the museum with the chrome knight in good condition would still be top. After that the blue house, then maybe the cream one? Even though the blue house is newer it is less available since the others were available longer. The guard tower with the bell and rocker mechanism would also be high on the list, though the balcony piece dropped in relative value after it being rereleased.