General > Collector's Corner

Just in case....

(1/3) > >>

matchboxluc:
....somebody heard about Schenk, but didn't really know what it's like: here is a knights blister set I once purchased on eBay... 8-)

Sylvia:
Those knights look pretty cool in their sealed packaging! Thanks for the pic, MBL. :)

I have a couple of Schenk men (minus all their accessories) and have decided to keep them even though the quality of manufacture is much lower than Playmo. :yup:

Here's a comparison picture I took a while back showing the differences between the bootlegs and the real thing. The gold fig on the left is, of course, the "wrong 'un", though it's pretty easy to tell when they are placed side by side. ;)

Richard:
I wonder how many different manufacturers have either "pirated" Playmobil's Klickys or have made their own original figures in the same style or scale?

Other than Schenk, I know of some Chinese and Turkish pirated figures, as well as some original figures that were made by Dragon Models Ltd. of Japan and W.Britains Ltd. of England.

Are there any others?

matchboxluc:
Not to forget the Play Bigs ;)...
There were also figures from Hong Kong in the seventies called Play Well; they were a curious mix of both Playmobil and Play Big with flared legs and torso with imprinted buttons and pocket. I did have them but I sold them several years ago. Here is a link to the page of a web site where I submitted pictures of them:

http://www.claudia-schott.de/PlayWell/playwell.htm

Richard:
Thanks, Jean-Luc ...

LGB are using Playmobil-like figures with their ToyTrains (see attachment). I wonder where they came from ... ???

All the best,
Richard

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version