Author Topic: Kingdoms Map: Rules of engagement  (Read 8402 times)

Offline tonguello

• Playmo Master
    • tonguello
Re: Kingdoms Map: Rules of engagement
« Reply #10 on: February 03, 2011, 11:19:25 »
Perhaps these rules can be expanded somehow so a battle can take place between kingdoms over the net, I think it has to be compulsory that each opponent army is photographed so its a proof what army each king puts on the battlefield and use this a reference when using the rules of engagement etc

Well to be honest I didn't know this was the pourpose of this idea.
First, I think there are some 100% kigdoms that wouldn't want to be engaged in battles and wars, nor having to deal with possible invasions. I thought this was a great idea to have a fisical map of our kingdoms for future community events and photostories etc.
Second, if we have to prove with photographs the extension of our armies, then we all know who is gonna win everything. george's army is the biggest and most impressive here (green with envy I say this  :lol::love:
I must have around 24 soldiers. Not 24 dozens nor 24 hundred.... just 24, so if battles and wars are all this is about I must retire for I have no chance. NO HARD FEELINGS, HONESTLY. I would give away my land to whoever wants it.  :love:

So before that.... can someone post a few guidelines about waht this is all about?? It would be good for all members envolved.  :wave:
...“But waiting can’t be bad, for plastic men, as I have learnt, are made to wait when playing's done”...
Check my blog: www.funfanphotoys.tumblr.com

Offline Giorginetto

• Playmo Master
  • Playmobil Aficionado
    • TheGiorginetto channel
« Reply #11 on: February 03, 2011, 11:51:33 »

Second, if we have to prove with photographs the extension of our armies, then we all know who is gonna win everything. george's army is the biggest and most impressive here (green with envy I say this  :lol::love:
I must have around 24 soldiers. Not 24 dozens nor 24 hundred.... just 24, so if battles and wars are all this is about I must retire for I have no chance. NO HARD FEELINGS, HONESTLY. I would give away my land to whoever wants it.  :love:

I doubt i have the biggest army  but i think with possible allies between nations we can have some exciting battles and of course only those that wish to participate will do this, see for example my King Iseroth and Grangel's King who will go into war as i sure everyone is tired of reading about by now , probably not virtualy by physically in my playmoden with a referree also, i think the result of this battle and possibly other battles should be reflected on this map to make it more live and interesting. And i woudl liekto stress that for example i wouldnt provoke in this virtual world anotehr kingdom unless they are up for it ( so for example King Grangel and King Iseroth war is now inevitable...) . Let not some other photostory / battle distract anyone from participating in this map.

I wonder who my neighbour will be ....  :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
:knight: Steck is Holy . Bring back more steck sets and its guardians , the Nuremberg Guards :knight:

Offline Gis

• Playmo Master
  • Polar Bears are cool!
« Reply #12 on: February 03, 2011, 12:32:01 »
Gaston I think Giorginetto got it right but I would like to expand on it a little.

I think the options are endless. And for me as well it is mainly about a communcal way of making the background for photo stories so much richer.

Your Garden of Heroes story would have been great if it would have been traveling through other peoples lands and would make the whole community feel much more involved.

When you used the names of Winterhaven and the person there in your photo story it really made my day and IMO this map could make that possible on a much grander scale.

Specifically if we are all traveling to the next Jousting Tournament.

However it is possible that political tension exists between regions/kingdoms whatever. Like what happened between King Iseroth and King Darnald and King Leopold. If for some reason King Iseroth's man need to travel through Belathre they will not be permitted entry. It would be up to Giorginetto and myself to solve this political struggle.

I want to stress that it might become very important that people seperate IN CHARACHTER and OUT OF CHARACHTER. Honestly I don't care much about the in charachter feelings, but we need to make sure that there are no hard feelings OUT OF CHARACHTER.

Hope this clarifies things a little bit :-)

Well to be honest I didn't know this was the pourpose of this idea.
First, I think there are some 100% kigdoms that wouldn't want to be engaged in battles and wars, nor having to deal with possible invasions. I thought this was a great idea to have a fisical map of our kingdoms for future community events and photostories etc.

So before that.... can someone post a few guidelines about waht this is all about?? It would be good for all members envolved.  :wave:

Offline PrimusPilus

• Playmo Addict
  • Aut caesar, aut nihil!
« Reply #13 on: February 03, 2011, 12:49:27 »
And about waring, nothing against a good battle once and a while, that would be GREAT fun! I just wouldn't want it to be a true war game (just and only war), because the smaller nations would be easily crushed and very quickly less people would be playing.

What if there was no conquering through war?
Cheers!
Luciano

Offline Gis

• Playmo Master
  • Polar Bears are cool!
« Reply #14 on: February 03, 2011, 12:56:11 »
Smaller nations make allies, many allies can stand up to a larger invasion. I think nobody wants to be on the losing side of a war. If two people decide to play out a war and are fine with conquering then let them go at it.

I think the following rule could be a good rule. Areas that are owned by a player can only go to another player with the consent of the player.

I think everyone knows about the upcoming conflict between Grangel and Giorginetto and hence all the squares in the H and I columns have not been taken yet, as they don't want to be overrun by Giorginetto's army :-)

And about waring, nothing against a good battle once and a while, that would be GREAT fun! I just wouldn't want it to be a true war game (just and only war), because the smaller nations would be easily crushed and very quickly less people would be playing.

What if there was no conquering through war?

Offline bonniebeth

• playmo zoo architect
  • Playmo Guru
    • my youtube channel
« Reply #15 on: February 03, 2011, 14:23:31 »
I agree with Gis George, and WoT; you can use this map however you want. If you just want a picturesque kingdom by the sea for photostories, fine. If you and another member want to have a battle and try to fight for each other's land, that's fine too. It seems to me battles should only occur if both members involved want to have a battle, not one member without warning laying seige on another unsuspecting member to steal their land away from them, when it's not a fair fight, and that member would rather stay peacefully on their land.
My playmobil zoo: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E-0grq9acog
In the end, we will conserve only what we love. We will love only what we understand. We will understand only what we are taught.

Offline skypurr

• Crafty Klicky
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #16 on: February 03, 2011, 14:26:26 »
I agree with Bonnie  :yup:
I don't have many knights, my klickies live in a very peaceful land really.  :)

Elaine
          A house is not a home without a cat (or two).

Offline Playmoholics

• Playmo Master
« Reply #17 on: February 03, 2011, 14:27:50 »
I agree with Gis George, and WoT; you can use this map however you want. If you just want a picturesque kingdom by the sea for photostories, fine. If you and another member want to have a battle and try to fight for each other's land, that's fine too. It seems to me battles should only occur if both members involved want to have a battle, not one member without warning laying seige on another unsuspecting member to steal their land away from them, when it's not a fair fight, and that member would rather stay peacefully on their land.

Well said  :)9
We could have a "master map" that we all agree on then in another, separate thread, those who want to compete in battles can participate and change it however they want, however, it wont affect the "master map" or other peaceful kingdoms  :)
Don’t ask what the world needs. Ask what makes you come alive and go do it. Because what the world needs is more people who have come alive – Howard Thurman.
I need Playmobil! 

Offline WarriorOfToys

• Wargaming Fanatic
  • Playmo Master
    • Come check out my Playmobil movies!
« Reply #18 on: February 03, 2011, 14:30:57 »

*Cough* Not period either... in period they would announce War between the two Kingdoms. :P
That is if you were chivalrous.
I play a computer game (basically an advanced form of Risk)
And it is based in a Medieval period.
Very fun game, but you declare war on other Kingdoms and such.
However, there is one Kingdom near me... :hmm:
They will just show up at a castle and lay siege,
No declaration, nada!
Luckily, they only ever choose to besiege one castle,
which just so happens to be my strongest! :P

Well said  :)9
We could have a "master map" that we all agree on then in another, separate thread, those who want to compete in battles can participate and change it however they want, however, it wont affect the "master map" or other peaceful kingdoms  :)

That is think is taking it a step further then is needed.
There are plenty ways for those who want to fight battles
to do so on this map without disturbing other peaceful countries. :)
Steck is BACK! <:>

Offline Giorginetto

• Playmo Master
  • Playmobil Aficionado
    • TheGiorginetto channel
« Reply #19 on: February 03, 2011, 14:43:38 »
I agree in principle with has has been said after my last long post , i think as we are talking about mediaval times and pretty much all playmobil mediaval klickies are battle oriented epsecially today , the war and allies and sieges etc needes to be a key part to this mediaval map set up. As there are forum members that wish to simply have a kingdom and exist probabvly without even an army, i think there are two maps that need to be developed , based on teh same landscape , one where are no wars where there are all kingdoms living in peace and another one where all can attack all at any time , allies and sieges can take place and basically al is open to confict and playmo mediaval battles , pretty much all of playmobil mediaval sets are made for this! Having two maps one called maybe MAP OF PEACE and the otehr MAP of WAR will make everyone happy .

King Iseroth is happy to exist as a peaceful nuremberg kingdom in the Map of Peace and establish trade routes by land and sea and even happier to be part in the MAp of War where all war breaks loose, he cant wait to use his 5 siege towers, catapults and armies to attack and conquer !!!!  ;D ;D ;D

Of course we can always have one map and run at the same time trade and any wars making it all more realistic etc etc , but i prsonally prefer the two maps as that would make all happy me things

:knight: Steck is Holy . Bring back more steck sets and its guardians , the Nuremberg Guards :knight: