Author Topic: Train 4029- PA RR  (Read 4220 times)

Offline bets219

• Playmo Pal
Train 4029- PA RR
« on: December 09, 2010, 19:55:47 »
I have purchased a train (4029) from craigs list and the seller is a train buff and had this for several years for his grandchildren but was ready to unload. I have the set minus a round bumper or 2. My problem is that the  tender (coal) car seems to sit higher than the rest of the cars which causes the car placed behind it to not couple. Can anyone help. I also have 2 additional cars and none of the couple correctly because the tender car sits too high.
Another question...I am missing the roof to both of the original cars with the train. Any ideas on where to find them?
Thanks so much and glad to be in the group!
Betsy
 ???

Offline Richard

• Retired Playmobil
  • Wargamer
  • Playmo Master
    • Garden Wargaming
Re: Train 4029- PA RR
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2010, 20:20:51 »

Betsy, is it possible for you to attach a photo of the coupling problem, so that we can see what's happening?

Thank you!

Offline Bill Blackhurst

• Playmo Master
« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2010, 20:33:30 »
You need to go to playmodb.org under the train parts section to get the part numbers for the missing items then call 1800playmobil press 1 for the parts department then give them the part numbers & they will tell you if they are available & the price for them.
  Forget about all of the other stuff,....all we need is the reintroduction of the 3526 Fire Engine!

Offline bets219

• Playmo Pal
Train 4029- PA RR
« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2010, 20:45:00 »
The instructions/parts list is not there for this train : (

8}
Betsy

Offline Bill Blackhurst

• Playmo Master
« Reply #4 on: December 09, 2010, 20:53:43 »
The instructions/parts list is not there for this train : (

8}
Betsy

Betsy, go to www.playmodb.org that is where you will find parts numbers.
  Forget about all of the other stuff,....all we need is the reintroduction of the 3526 Fire Engine!

Offline bonniebeth

• playmo zoo architect
  • Playmo Guru
    • my youtube channel
« Reply #5 on: December 10, 2010, 17:09:51 »
What she's saying is there aren't instructions for her set. http://playmodb.org/cgi-bin/showinv.pl?setnum=4029

What you could try though, Betsy, is to browse through parts on that website. go to search by category and try to narrow it from there. You might be able to figure out what you need. It could have been available in another set that does have instructions. Then once you find the part, it will show you all the sets that part was ever in. Then you can start looking for those sets, or parts from those sets. You could also try to order the part you need from playmobil, but they are not likely to have it if it's been many years since it was in any set.

In any case, if you find the part number, and post here exactly what you're looking for, we can probably be of more help.
My playmobil zoo: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E-0grq9acog
In the end, we will conserve only what we love. We will love only what we understand. We will understand only what we are taught.

Offline Bill Blackhurst

• Playmo Master
« Reply #6 on: December 10, 2010, 17:19:22 »
What she's saying is there aren't instructions for her set. http://playmodb.org/cgi-bin/showinv.pl?setnum=4029

My bad, I apologise! I'm used to looking at parts that are interchangable by second nature! There is a light grey roof part number 30037240 for set number 4102 that may fit.

Offline Knight Train

• Playmo Lover
  • Knight in Training
« Reply #7 on: December 12, 2010, 02:01:59 »
The coal tender car has one hook higher than the other, the red one hooks to the engine and the black one can couple to cars.  See this post for a picture:
http://www.playmofriends.com/forum/index.php?topic=3109.0

Offline bets219

• Playmo Pal
Train 4029- PA RR
« Reply #8 on: December 12, 2010, 02:56:56 »
Well let a kid figure it out...I had the coal car facing the wrong way  :xmascheer:
Now the only issue is the roof/top to the two original cars (Red and Yellow).
I will check the part 30037240 from 4202 and see if they will work.
Thanks to everyone for your help!
Betsy

Offline bets219

• Playmo Pal
Train 4029- PA RR
« Reply #9 on: December 12, 2010, 03:17:29 »
One more thing...... how do the lights work for the engine car? This has a weight inside too?
Thanks again,
Betsy