Author Topic: Group B  (Read 650 times)

Online Rasputin

• The Mad Monk
  • Playmo Master
Group B
« on: January 22, 2024, 04:38:07 »
I’d love to see a homage to one of the best and most dangerous motor sports of all time …Group B rally

Peugeot 205 T16
Audi Super Quattro
Lancia Delta S4
Ford RS200
Porsche 959
Renault
Etc……

Then tributes to the drives

As a kid in the US even finding any TV show that covered any information on any races was very difficult

I had a crush on Mouton, seeing s femal drive like that was unreal

I know designers at Geobra think about this , especially after seeing the green 911
If you hear the sound of the bell which will tell you that Grigori has been killed, if it was your relations who have wrought my death, then no one in the family will remain alive. They will be killed by the Russian people. :prays:

Offline Pynedor

• Playmo Master
Re: Group B
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2024, 00:09:05 »
This would be great, but I think it's quite unlikely with all of the different agreements that would be needed.
~Pynedor~

Online Rasputin

• The Mad Monk
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2024, 13:22:32 »
We’ll seeing as the German car brands are also contracting, perhaps soon they will all be owned by China. Then a licensing agreement can be negotiated on favorable terms

If you hear the sound of the bell which will tell you that Grigori has been killed, if it was your relations who have wrought my death, then no one in the family will remain alive. They will be killed by the Russian people. :prays:

Offline Klickteryx

• Playmo Master
« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2024, 21:37:51 »
This would be great, but I think it's quite unlikely with all of the different agreements that would be needed.
Playmobil isn't going to get rich by entering the 1:18 scale vehicle market but they could do similar looking vehicles with generic stickers and if enough interest is shown do a run of specific cars.

I'm surprised, given they already have the beetle model, they haven't done a Herbie based version.

Online Rasputin

• The Mad Monk
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2024, 03:23:42 »
Playmobil isn't going to get rich by entering the 1:18 scale vehicle market but they could do similar looking vehicles with generic stickers and if enough interest is shown do a run of specific cars.

I'm surprised, given they already have the beetle model, they haven't done a Herbie based version.

I’m ok if they made plain cars with non-name brand decals that the customer put on. Anybody at that point can source official brand decals and decorate the cars themselves.

Isn’t Herbie a trademarked car . Since the Bug is already made, a paint job and some decals is all that’s needed

Offline Klickteryx

• Playmo Master
« Reply #5 on: March 07, 2024, 03:34:20 »
I’m ok if they made plain cars with non-name brand decals that the customer put on. Anybody at that point can source official brand decals and decorate the cars themselves.

Isn’t Herbie a trademarked car . Since the Bug is already made, a paint job and some decals is all that’s needed
It's Disney and yes, converting would be reasonably simple for people who know how. It just occurred to me that it's an older licence which had a big enough following to produce four sequels so it seemed like something they might do - maybe it was/is on their list of potentials.

The prototype 'James Bond' car Chitty Chitty Bangbang would also make a great model.

Offline GrahamB

• Playmo Master
    • Playmofanatic
« Reply #6 on: March 07, 2024, 09:29:51 »
The prototype 'James Bond' car Chitty Chitty Bangbang would also make a great model.

I've never thought of Chitty Chitty Bang Bang as a precursor of the Aston Martin DB5!
At that moment the ship suddenly stopped rocking and swaying, the engine pitch settled down to a gentle hum. 'Hey Ford.' said Zaphod, 'that sounds good. Have you worked out the controls on this boat?' 'No,' said Ford, 'I just stopped fiddling with them.' (With thanks to Douglas Adams)

Offline Klickteryx

• Playmo Master
« Reply #7 on: March 07, 2024, 19:36:38 »
I've never thought of Chitty Chitty Bang Bang as a precursor of the Aston Martin DB5!

I only recently found out that Ian Fleming wrote Chitty Chitty Bang Bang. Actually James Bond is the older story.

Offline GrahamB

• Playmo Master
    • Playmofanatic
« Reply #8 on: March 08, 2024, 09:06:36 »
Ah yes, of course! That's the link, not the cars. :)
At that moment the ship suddenly stopped rocking and swaying, the engine pitch settled down to a gentle hum. 'Hey Ford.' said Zaphod, 'that sounds good. Have you worked out the controls on this boat?' 'No,' said Ford, 'I just stopped fiddling with them.' (With thanks to Douglas Adams)