General > Brainstorming For Playmobil

How to Get Ideas to Playmobil?

(1/3) > >>

Janilew:
I know this is the mother of all pipe dreams, but if one were serious enough to want to reach out to Playmobil....how would they do it? As I've said before, I've plenty of ideas to give, and currently mourn the lack of direction the company seems to have with its designs. It'd be nice if even a few could see the light of day.  :-\

Tiermann:
It would be interesting to hear from Bart on this.

I know that I have posted customs here that have been copied by the company. I did a figure once that was copied exactly in a set a few years later. I did a diorama in 2016 Hotel and Harbor where I used the 5636 - Luxury Beach House as the basis of an ice cream shop, and they released the exact thing in 2020 as 70279 - Waterfront Ice Cream Shop

We have an old thread in this very forum about animals we wanted to see and an amazing number of them have been done over the last decade. The most recent being the red panda that looks like a design posted in the forum here.

I think they do pay attention to the collector forums and what people are asking about and suggesting. How much though I do not know.

playmofire:
I agree with Tim, Bart is the man.  Like Tim, I have had a custom copied by Playmobil, a rigid inflatable fire rescue boat.  Here is their version:

https://www.playmobil.co.uk/firefighting-inflatable-boat-with-trailer/9845.html

(In fairness to Playmobil, mine didn't have a trailer.)

Oliver:
In the old days of letters, they supposedly recorded every letter written in. I certainly wrote to them as a child, and the letter back wasn't a standardised reply.

I'm pretty sure they initially said they wouldn't make Romans because all the requests for it came from older children, who they thought were about to grow out of Playmobil, though obviously they did make them in the end.

Janilew:

--- Quote from: Tiermann on October 23, 2021, 18:43:44 ---It would be interesting to hear from Bart on this.

I know that I have posted customs here that have been copied by the company. I did a figure once that was copied exactly in a set a few years later. I did a diorama in 2016 Hotel and Harbor where I used the 5636 - Luxury Beach House as the basis of an ice cream shop, and they released the exact thing in 2020 as 70279 - Waterfront Ice Cream Shop

We have an old thread in this very forum about animals we wanted to see and an amazing number of them have been done over the last decade. The most recent being the red panda that looks like a design posted in the forum here.

I think they do pay attention to the collector forums and what people are asking about and suggesting. How much though I do not know.

--- End quote ---

--- Quote from: playmofire on October 23, 2021, 18:48:49 ---I agree with Tim, Bart is the man.  Like Tim, I have had a custom copied by Playmobil, a rigid inflatable fire rescue boat.  Here is their version:

https://www.playmobil.co.uk/firefighting-inflatable-boat-with-trailer/9845.html

(In fairness to Playmobil, mine didn't have a trailer.)

--- End quote ---

Wow! Were you guys offended? Kinda sucks how they'd just take it without at least contacting you.   :-\

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version