Author Topic: Dear God help me! Manual needed.  (Read 3714 times)

Offline Janilew

• Playmo Lover
Dear God help me! Manual needed.
« on: July 07, 2021, 19:40:14 »
I'm in desperate need of a manual for 4054 so I can know how to set up the dang thing! Please help!!!

Offline playmofire

• Klicky Firemeister
  • Playmo Guru
    • Copt Hewick Volunteer Fire Brigade - probably the world's smallest fire brigade!
“Today well-lived makes every yesterday a day of happiness to remember and every tomorrow a vision of hope.”

Offline drbatesy

• Playmo Fanatic
    • Early Modern Playmobil
Re: Dear God help me! Manual needed.
« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2021, 22:14:55 »
This is not my area at all, but having done some digging around with Professor Google and having cross-referenced it with playmodb, I've found these two images. Do they help Janilew?

Steve

Offline playmofire

• Klicky Firemeister
  • Playmo Guru
    • Copt Hewick Volunteer Fire Brigade - probably the world's smallest fire brigade!
« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2021, 08:45:26 »
That's the pictorial document and there is also some printed material on use.  I have the 4052 info on that which may help.
“Today well-lived makes every yesterday a day of happiness to remember and every tomorrow a vision of hope.”

Offline Marco_4124

• Playmo Addict
  • Playmo Flagmaster
« Reply #4 on: July 08, 2021, 11:20:38 »
Send the PDF files by WeTransfer, and they are downloaded. No thanks yet.....

Offline tahra

• Playmo Guru
    • playkingdoms
« Reply #5 on: July 08, 2021, 12:19:22 »
Send the PDF files by WeTransfer, and they are downloaded. No thanks yet.....

I suppose that makes you "Dear God"?  :P

Offline Janilew

• Playmo Lover
« Reply #6 on: July 09, 2021, 15:08:43 »
Lol, thanks everyone.  ;D I contacted Marco_4124 and they wre able to email me the manual. I'm very new to this kind of train as all the experience I had was with battery operated trains like 5258 and Thomas the Tank Engine. The eBay seller I got ol' 4054 from was so helpful and even linked me to a transformer the had that they used as a child. My question is do I just plug it in the bottom of the train? I see holes and a plus sign so I assume yes?

GOSH I'm so lost. :-[

Offline playmofire

• Klicky Firemeister
  • Playmo Guru
« Reply #7 on: July 09, 2021, 15:58:13 »
Lol, thanks everyone.  ;D I contacted Marco_4124 and they wre able to email me the manual. I'm very new to this kind of train as all the experience I had was with battery operated trains like 5258 and Thomas the Tank Engine. The eBay seller I got ol' 4054 from was so helpful and even linked me to a transformer the had that they used as a child. My question is do I just plug it in the bottom of the train? I see holes and a plus sign so I assume yes?

GOSH I'm so lost. :-[

You're losing me here.  The 4054 picks up power from the brass track through the main wheels and the two "skates" between the wheels (one "skate" on each side).

The transformer is used to reduce the mains power to a safer voltage of up to 16v.  Can you post a picture or a link to it.

Offline Marco_4124

• Playmo Addict
  • Playmo Flagmaster
« Reply #8 on: July 10, 2021, 02:39:32 »
Never played with a model train ??? (iPad generation.....)

Offline tahra

• Playmo Guru
    • playkingdoms
« Reply #9 on: July 10, 2021, 15:44:55 »
Never played with a model train ??? (iPad generation.....)

Not really - I never played with a model train as a kid - my first was the nostalgie, and I was well in my 20s...

(I'm old, btw :P )