Author Topic: BTTF III Advent Calendar (70576), train coming?  (Read 6067 times)

Offline Erik

• Playmobil crusader / Toyhunter
  • Playmo Master
Re: BTTF III Advent Calendar (70576), train coming?
« Reply #10 on: April 25, 2021, 11:36:21 »
I think it's a regular one, just a bit high on the waist of the klicky.

It seems to be slung "over the chest and shoulder" in the pic, like the sword belts-we'll have to see, could perfectly be wishful thinking on my part, but it WOULD be great if it's a new one.  :)
« Last Edit: April 25, 2021, 12:07:40 by Erik »
The most valiant knights are made of German plastic!!!

Offline Oliver

• Playmo Addict
« Reply #11 on: April 25, 2021, 11:46:44 »
For those not familiar with the trains, the Steaming Mary train had the power unit in the coal tender. The main train part is just plastic parts so could be recast if the molds are still good. No more plastic in it than one of those village structures they have been releasing and the mold investment is already made. So I think it is a real possibility.

I didn't actually know the engine was in the coal tender ( I also didn't know that's what it's called....) - but that does probably make it easier. If they do make it, I'd expect it to not have the electrics, and probably only have a couple of bits of track.

If they wanted to, they could probably find a work around with the scale issue - could they make some sort of flat bed for the DeLorean to sit on?

Offline tahra

• Playmo Guru
    • playkingdoms
« Reply #12 on: April 25, 2021, 14:45:29 »
It seems to be slung "over the chest and shoulder" in the pic, like the sword belts-we'll have to see, could perfectly be wishful thinking on my part, but it WOULD be great if it's a new one.  :)

Looks like a normal one to me, with the "buckle" in front, hence the poncho all messed up..

Offline Tiermann

• Playmo Master
  • Playmosaurus friendus
    • Animobil
« Reply #13 on: April 25, 2021, 17:04:30 »
It's hard to tell from the images if the dog is new or not. Could be an existing one, will have to wait for better images or the instructions. I want the set regardless so will end up with it. I skipped the last Advent from this theme but the Western is more down my alley.

Offline tahra

• Playmo Guru
    • playkingdoms
« Reply #14 on: April 25, 2021, 17:49:55 »
I remembered to try.

Uhm...

Like I said, it would be the sort ot totally senseless thing that we came to expect, right?

Offline Erik

• Playmobil crusader / Toyhunter
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #15 on: April 25, 2021, 23:09:11 »
Looks like a normal one to me, with the "buckle" in front, hence the poncho all messed up..

Yeah, probably will be-like I said, just wishful thinking on my part...Odin forbid they should make a new and interesting part...
The most valiant knights are made of German plastic!!!

Offline Ismene

• Playmo Master
« Reply #16 on: April 26, 2021, 05:11:10 »
Best bit for me, the camera man is one of the Victorian sets I don't have!

And the black tripod is nice.

Offline tahra

• Playmo Guru
    • playkingdoms
« Reply #17 on: April 26, 2021, 07:44:27 »
Odin forbid they should make a new and interesting part...

Indeed.. can you imagine? People would BUY them! The HORROR.  ::)

Offline Hadoque

• Capitaine de la "Licorne"
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #18 on: April 26, 2021, 20:53:57 »
Very nice set, like others above have said some very useful parts/accessories.  8-)
But I guess it will be overexpensive again  ::)
And I got me (my first and only) classic tripod-camera on evilbay some months ago. Darn...

Concerning the item which produces steam, rides on tracks and can carry passengers or cargo, I still think it will be a piece of cardboard.

Resistance is futile, you will be boarded!

Offline GrahamB

• Playmo Master
    • Playmofanatic
« Reply #19 on: April 28, 2021, 08:38:23 »
Concerning the item which produces steam, rides on tracks and can carry passengers or cargo, I still think it will be a piece of cardboard.

:lol:
At that moment the ship suddenly stopped rocking and swaying, the engine pitch settled down to a gentle hum. 'Hey Ford.' said Zaphod, 'that sounds good. Have you worked out the controls on this boat?' 'No,' said Ford, 'I just stopped fiddling with them.' (With thanks to Douglas Adams)