Author Topic: Some Advice, PLZ  (Read 1605 times)

Offline JLMatterer

• Playmo Master
  • Playmobil in the News
    • Plamobil In The News
Some Advice, PLZ
« on: March 21, 2021, 21:06:00 »
This is being offered by a seller about an hour 1/2 from me; it's on Craigslist (my first time), which is a little creepy because I only know of Craigslist through news of the Craigslist Killer.  ::) Could I have some advice, please? Is it possible to get a working battery for this set? They're asking for $75. Thank you! I currently have NO PM trains.

Offline Baron Marshall

• Playmo Master
Re: Some Advice, PLZ
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2021, 21:53:15 »
It is compatible with the 7829 battery adapter that you can put regular batteries in, but that also looks hard to get at the moment.

That said, $75 isn't bad...
Someday, I will organize my stuff, I promise.

Online playmofire

• Klicky Firemeister
  • Playmo Guru
    • Copt Hewick Volunteer Fire Brigade - probably the world's smallest fire brigade!
« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2021, 22:39:03 »
It's cheaper in the long run to use rechargeable batteries in the battery holder.
“Today well-lived makes every yesterday a day of happiness to remember and every tomorrow a vision of hope.”

Offline Tiermann

• Playmo Master
  • Playmosaurus friendus
    • Animobil
« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2021, 02:01:38 »
Good price. Lots of track which would be useful. I may have an extra battery holder that fits the regular batteries, would have to dig out the box and see. It doesn't show the pantographs, those can be the hardest part to get as they are often missing, not everyone cares about having them though.

Online playmofire

• Klicky Firemeister
  • Playmo Guru
    • Copt Hewick Volunteer Fire Brigade - probably the world's smallest fire brigade!
« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2021, 09:21:17 »
J had a number of those before going track powered and they are good fun.
“Today well-lived makes every yesterday a day of happiness to remember and every tomorrow a vision of hope.”

Offline Walts-Trains

• Playmo Lover
    • Walts Playm0bil Collection
« Reply #5 on: March 22, 2021, 15:05:14 »
If you get it and there is no battery holder ( 7829) in it I should be able to get you a  second hand one.
I am in the UK.
wpc@btinternet.com