Author Topic: Advent 2020  (Read 9853 times)

Online Ismene

• Playmo Master
Re: Advent 2020
« Reply #20 on: December 03, 2020, 03:43:18 »
Too bad she has to strip to sit down.

Offline GrahamB

• Playmo Master
    • Playmofanatic
« Reply #21 on: December 03, 2020, 06:44:29 »
 :lol:
At that moment the ship suddenly stopped rocking and swaying, the engine pitch settled down to a gentle hum. 'Hey Ford.' said Zaphod, 'that sounds good. Have you worked out the controls on this boat?' 'No,' said Ford, 'I just stopped fiddling with them.' (With thanks to Douglas Adams)

Offline Macruran

• desperate but not serious
  • Playmo Master
  • Hiya!
    • my incomplete collection spreadsheet
« Reply #22 on: December 03, 2020, 07:53:24 »
Too bad she has to strip to sit down.

You'd be surprised how many of us this is true for.
"We like things in little." - G. Stein  
 :roman:

Offline GrahamB

• Playmo Master
    • Playmofanatic
Day 3
« Reply #23 on: December 03, 2020, 21:00:41 »

No unique parts today.

« Last Edit: December 10, 2020, 17:55:50 by GrahamB »
At that moment the ship suddenly stopped rocking and swaying, the engine pitch settled down to a gentle hum. 'Hey Ford.' said Zaphod, 'that sounds good. Have you worked out the controls on this boat?' 'No,' said Ford, 'I just stopped fiddling with them.' (With thanks to Douglas Adams)

Offline Luftgaengerin

• Playmo Lover
« Reply #24 on: December 04, 2020, 01:38:05 »
You'd be surprised how many of us this is true for.

:lmao: (I haven't decided yet if I want to know exactly what you man by that. :lol: )

Very nice, Graham - also the refection on the mirror is very good posing!  :)

A curious thing on the side: I have no interest in make-up parts, but that piece would do great as a color box, preferably with other color-stickers, maybe applied on just one side... I wondered if it already existed with that function, in any other sets, so I checked on playmodb but found just another adventcalender with the same make-up box. But it's cute, so I checked for the part to maybe customise a color-box myself, and guess how the part is called in German: "Farbkasten", which translates to: "color box".   ;D
"Give me that man that is not passion’s slave" - Shakespeare's Hamlet.

Offline tahra

• Playmo Guru
    • playkingdoms
« Reply #25 on: December 04, 2020, 08:49:14 »
Long ago there was a "tupperware" box made as a color box in the .. xmas advents? bunnies? Something like that.

Though I have no use at all for makeup in the meatworld, I do like the playmomakeup  :P

(well, ok,  had some use for it on my college years, to paint the... freshmen? freshpeople? not sure of the proper word - 1st yearlings!  >:D )

Offline playmovictorian

• Playmo Master
  • Happy Little Victorians
    • Playmovictorian
« Reply #26 on: December 04, 2020, 08:52:51 »
I am loving Tahra's witty comments  :lol:
La, tout n'est qu'ordre et beaute, luxe, calme et volupte. L'Invitation au Voyage. Charles Baudelaire.1857.

Offline GrahamB

• Playmo Master
    • Playmofanatic
« Reply #27 on: December 04, 2020, 09:17:54 »
... the refection on the mirror is very good posing!  :)

She can't reach her own mouth to apply lippy (lipstick), so she has to put it on her reflection. :lol:

A curious thing on the side: I have no interest in make-up parts, but that piece would do great as a color box, preferably with other color-stickers, maybe applied on just one side... I wondered if it already existed with that function, in any other sets, so I checked on playmodb but found just another adventcalender with the same make-up box. But it's cute, so I checked for the part to maybe customise a color-box myself, and guess how the part is called in German: "Farbkasten", which translates to: "color box".   ;D

You and Tahra are correct, the paintbox is in the schools and other sets; it's the same mould but in white, with different stickers.

Though I have no use at all for makeup in the meatworld, I do like the playmomakeup  :P

Me too!

Offline playmovictorian

• Playmo Master
  • Happy Little Victorians
    • Playmovictorian
« Reply #28 on: December 04, 2020, 09:24:50 »
This is so true  :lol:
La, tout n'est qu'ordre et beaute, luxe, calme et volupte. L'Invitation au Voyage. Charles Baudelaire.1857.

Offline Luftgaengerin

• Playmo Lover
« Reply #29 on: December 04, 2020, 10:13:02 »
She can't reach her own mouth to apply lippy (lipstick), so she has to put it on her reflection. :lol:
:lmao:

You and Tahra are correct, the paintbox is in the schools and other sets; it's the same mould but in white, with different stickers.

Thanks Graham and Tahra: I forgot to look for the box in other colors  :-[  I blame the late hour and the fact that my knowledge of "city life" items is usually a disaster.
Conclusion: I should buy more city life sets, of course.  ;D
"Give me that man that is not passion’s slave" - Shakespeare's Hamlet.