Author Topic: What are your top 3 most cherised /rare MISB sets ?  (Read 4768 times)

Offline Giorginetto

• Playmo Master
  • Playmobil Aficionado
    • TheGiorginetto channel
What are your top 3 most cherised /rare MISB sets ?
« on: November 13, 2020, 09:53:48 »
What are your top 3  most cherished /rare MISB sets ?

Amongst a number of MISB sets I have I guess my most valuable and rare one is a MISB 5300 doll house . It is boxed in its original playmobil brown carton as well so the actual  box is 10/10 … second one is a MISB (2 in fact) 3286 pirate ship and last but no means least a MISB  western air mill in its original  clear wrap as well 3765...
:knight: Steck is Holy . Bring back more steck sets and its guardians , the Nuremberg Guards :knight:

Offline Birdie

• Playmo Master
Re: What are your top 3 most cherised /rare MISB sets ?
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2020, 12:32:25 »
I'll be the one swearing in church, but I don't do MISB  :lol:  I need my Playmobil in hand  8-)

Offline GrahamB

• Playmo Master
    • Playmofanatic
« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2020, 15:53:46 »
That's an easy question, I've only got two!

I'm with Birdie, I like to get them out of the box! With these two (above) they are in blister packs, so the contents can easily be seen. In any case, I have another copy of 4430 out of the packaging and a second copy of the older knight in that 80542 40th Anniversary Magazine enclosure.

I don't really 'do' MISB. I only buy them if I want to be certain what is in the box of a particular set (I've only done this a couple of times) or if its the only way to get hold of a complete set with all the accessories. And I prefer not to pay MISB prices if there is a good, cheaper alternative!

Actually, I don't really get the attraction of MISB collecting. May I be forgiven for swearing in church. (Great expression that Birdie, I haven't heard it before!)
At that moment the ship suddenly stopped rocking and swaying, the engine pitch settled down to a gentle hum. 'Hey Ford.' said Zaphod, 'that sounds good. Have you worked out the controls on this boat?' 'No,' said Ford, 'I just stopped fiddling with them.' (With thanks to Douglas Adams)

Offline Birdie

• Playmo Master
« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2020, 19:30:39 »
May I be forgiven for swearing in church. (Great expression that Birdie, I haven't heard it before!)

Did I just randomly translate a Dutch expression into English?  :-[ :lol:

Offline tahra

• Playmo Guru
    • playkingdoms
« Reply #4 on: November 20, 2020, 20:02:04 »

I remember how much you shocked a fellow playmofriend by promptly opening a mib set at the Zirndorf collectors' dinner in 2014   ;D

(ah, those were the days...)

Offline GrahamB

• Playmo Master
    • Playmofanatic
« Reply #5 on: November 21, 2020, 09:59:22 »

I think you perhaps did. A quick Google search came up with one discussion about a similar phrase in Norwegian, but all other hits were discussing swearing in a Christian setting (i.e. more literal than figurative). It's a great phrase and shows that not every language has been Anglicised! No need to be embarassed!
At that moment the ship suddenly stopped rocking and swaying, the engine pitch settled down to a gentle hum. 'Hey Ford.' said Zaphod, 'that sounds good. Have you worked out the controls on this boat?' 'No,' said Ford, 'I just stopped fiddling with them.' (With thanks to Douglas Adams)

Offline Erik

• Playmobil crusader / Toyhunter
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #6 on: November 21, 2020, 12:42:55 »
I like to have my older/vintage sets "with box", but I always open them.
Klickies need air, lol!!!   ;)
The most valiant knights are made of German plastic!!!

Offline Macruran

• desperate but not serious
  • Playmo Master
  • Hiya!
    • my incomplete collection spreadsheet
« Reply #7 on: November 21, 2020, 18:56:15 »
When I started out I opened everything.
Then I started saving some of the boxes.
Then I started getting some duplicates, and leaving them unopened.
Then I started leaving more things unopened, reasoning that the pleasure of opening could be saved for later, after all I had enough klickies already.
Now I'm not sure. I have many unopened sets, but also many opened. It's inconsistent. I DON'T KNOW WHAT I'M DOING  8}
"We like things in little." - G. Stein  
 :roman:

Offline Birdie

• Playmo Master
« Reply #8 on: November 22, 2020, 06:57:06 »
I remember how much you shocked a fellow playmofriend by promptly opening a mib set at the Zirndorf collectors' dinner in 2014   ;D

If I had realised it was a sore spot, I would have waited 'til we got to the hotel  :lol:

Offline GrahamB

• Playmo Master
    • Playmofanatic
« Reply #9 on: November 22, 2020, 10:19:51 »
When I started out I opened everything.
Then I started saving some of the boxes.
Then I started getting some duplicates, and leaving them unopened.
Then I started leaving more things unopened, reasoning that the pleasure of opening could be saved for later, after all I had enough klickies already.
Now I'm not sure. I have many unopened sets, but also many opened. It's inconsistent. I DON'T KNOW WHAT I'M DOING  8}

Sounds like you used to be indecisive, but now you're not so sure?