Author Topic: Playmo 4010 - Lights Do Not Turn On  (Read 1464 times)

Offline JohnnyCanuck

• Playmo Pal
Playmo 4010 - Lights Do Not Turn On
« on: December 16, 2018, 16:18:44 »
Hi all and happy holidays!

I have 3 of the 4010 sets that I bought 2nd hand.  Each locomotive functions fine but the lights have never turned on for any of them.  I am just wondering if there is some way to make them function or some way to repair?  I have set up a Christmas village and it would look neat if the lights actually worked.  Thanks everyone!

Offline playmofire

• Klicky Firemeister
  • Playmo Guru
    • Copt Hewick Volunteer Fire Brigade - probably the world's smallest fire brigade!
Re: Playmo 4010 - Lights Do Not Turn On
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2018, 17:02:36 »
It seems strange that on all three the lights don't work.  Did you buy them all from the same seller?

First, it may be useful to download the instructions (if you don't have them already) from the Playmobil website

If you take out the grey unit with the motor in,  there should be two pins sticking up in a small rectangular piece in the middle of the unit.  These connect with the wiring in the body which powers the lights.  If these pins aren't there, there is a piece missing off the motor block.

“Today well-lived makes every yesterday a day of happiness to remember and every tomorrow a vision of hope.”

Offline JohnnyCanuck

• Playmo Pal
« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2018, 19:42:26 »
Yes - all from the same seller. I will take a look at the motor block. Greatly appreciate it!

Offline Junker Jörg

• Playmo Addict
  • Hier stehe ich, ich kann auch anders.
« Reply #3 on: December 17, 2018, 10:26:54 »
Checked bulbs/LEDs? LEDs bzw. Birnchen sind aber schon drin, oder?

jj:
Lust auf Bilder? => www.klickywelt.de (mit Anmeldung)
Fancy more pics? => www.klickywelt.de (sign in to see)

Offline JohnnyCanuck

• Playmo Pal
« Reply #4 on: December 19, 2018, 15:22:29 »
Any idea how to check the bulbs/LED?

I am having difficulty removing the motor block from the train body as well.  Any suggestions?  Thanks.